Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-19/12/21

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
True, but City are pretty much unplayable at the moment to be fair. Different league

Indeed. 7 other teams also "almost lost" against Newcastle. That's the Premier League.

Manchester City on the other hand... very likely wont "almost lose" to Newcastle (though NUFC have started the game well).

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Chelsea riding their luck, marginal offside goal disallowed (rightly) and possibly should be down to 10 with a handball (?) on the halfway line.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just wtf is going on with VAR. If that's not a penalty and a sending off football is dead.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I didn’t think it was a clear cut penalty. The defender already had the ball and Fraser knew exactly what he was doing by running into the already sliding Ederson. Pretty stupid by Ederson though. Newcastle already look like a typical Eddie Howe team with their diving, breaking up play with cynical fouls and pressurising the referee at every opportunity.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just wtf is going on with VAR. If that's not a penalty and a sending off football is dead.

Sending off? The ball was long gone so unless you think that was violent conduct, I am not sure where you get sending off from.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I didn’t think it was a clear cut penalty. The defender already had the ball and Fraser knew exactly what he was doing by running into the already sliding Ederson. Newcastle already look like a typical Eddie Howe team with their diving, breaking up play with cynical fouls and pressurising the referee at every opportunity.

Agree it is a very difficult situation. They are both going for the ball with similar pace and then collides with eachother when none of them had any chance of getting the ball. Dont think its the wrong decision but also couldnt complain if a penalty was actually awarded.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sending off? The ball was long gone so unless you think that was violent conduct, I am not sure where you get sending off from.

He was wiped out off the ball.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Agree it is a very difficult situation. They are both going for the ball with similar pace and then collides with eachother when none of them had any chance of getting the ball. Dont think its the wrong decision but also couldnt complain if a penalty was actually awarded.

The defender had already taken the ball away and Fraser ran into the goalkeeper. No penalty for me.
It’s a typical Howe team. All cynical little nudges and pushes although plenty of commitment and closing down.
It’s going to be interesting seeing if they can survive. Assuming a team needs 38 points to stay up, they’ll need 28 points from their last 20 games which is upper mid table form. They’ll need a few wins.

Last edited:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I didn’t think it was a clear cut penalty. The defender already had the ball and Fraser knew exactly what he was doing by running into the already sliding Ederson. Pretty stupid by Ederson though. Newcastle already look like a typical Eddie Howe team with their diving, breaking up play with cynical fouls and pressurising the referee at every opportunity.

seemed to me that ederson was completely out of control there, the very definition of careless. if that was us and it wasn't given we'd be absolutely apoplectic

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No he had zero chance of getting the ball since the defender took it. Ederson and Fraser have a 50/50 of getting there first but the situation was dead before any of that could happen.

This.

It was over.

Then Fraser appears and engineers a post ball incident.

The endless parachute rolls an embarrassment. Cheating modern players.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
seemed to me that ederson was completely out of control there, the very definition of careless. if that was us and it wasn't given we'd be absolutely apathetic

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Chelsea struggling to break down Wolves. Expecting "This has to be the end of Tuchel?" threads on whatever the Chelsea forum might be called.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here