Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 18-19/12/21

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Recent weeks have proven without a doubt that Pep can spot a great manager from a mile away. Bielsa is a once in a generation coachng master and Potter the best English coach bar none. I wonder why their teams have been so shit in recent months?

Because both are in charge of quite shit teams (compared to a lot of others in the PL)? Football is played on the pitch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Say and think what you like about dirty Leeds this is quite admirable imo. Bielsa will take hope from this as it’s unusual, I’m not going to think of the reaction at the Amex in similar circumstances. Crowd support means so much to struggling teams imo, although it sounds like the WACCOE matchday thread was similar to the ones on here when we are on a losing or no wins run.

From the BBC site:

But the manager, who guided Leeds back to the Premier League two seasons ago, continues to be adored by an Elland Road faithful who stayed vocal in their support.

"It's an act of love towards the badge," Bielsa told BBC Sport about the fans' continuing faith."In times where the support mostly only comes when the team is winning, to receive that company and that closeness after a third consecutive defeat - and having conceded 14 goals in three games - distinguishes the public of Leeds.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Say and think what you like about dirty Leeds this is quite admirable imo. Bielsa will take hope from this as it’s unusual, I’m not going to think of the reaction at the Amex in similar circumstances. Crowd support means so much to struggling teams imo, although it sounds like the WACCOE matchday thread was similar to the ones on here when we are on a losing or no wins run.

From the BBC site:

But the manager, who guided Leeds back to the Premier League two seasons ago, continues to be adored by an Elland Road faithful who stayed vocal in their support.

"It's an act of love towards the badge," Bielsa told BBC Sport about the fans' continuing faith."In times where the support mostly only comes when the team is winning, to receive that company and that closeness after a third consecutive defeat - and having conceded 14 goals in three games - distinguishes the public of Leeds.

I think Bielsa always comes across well. I can't understand the reverence he is held in though and I think he may have been 'found out' by more tactically aware managers this season :shrug:

Still hate dirty Leeds though :wanker:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Elland Road atmosphere in the last 15 min definitely put the Amex to shame to any point this season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Bielsa always comes across well. I can't understand the reverence he is held in though and I think he may have been 'found out' by more tactically aware managers this season :shrug:
:

Hmm, I think quite a few think exactly the same about our manager. That’s football for you, how dull if we all said and thought the same :shrug:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Chelsea 7 players with covid premier League turn down there request to postpone match .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

From the BBC site:

Admirable in a way, yes. Common uncommon sense in another. If you're wife or friend have a bad day, what is most likely to make them have a better day tomorrow: telling them how shite they are, or supporting them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just goes to show how good our point was against Newcastle...

...oh.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Blimey. City getting a touch of Brighton-itis getting caught out fannying around at the back :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here