Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 12/09 - 14/09

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I fell asleep half way through the second half of Liverpool v Leeds. Fulham, back in the league, at Craven Cottage held my interest and then Wilfried Zaha vs Southampton was mildly engaging. Now I've got to sit through West Ham v Newcastle. It didn't used to be like this. I've got a wife to love and children to nurture. I'm stuck in some kind of Hell, not really wanting to fight my way out. I'm glad Leeds lost though.

I used to ration my TV football, plenty of other things to do in life.

But I loved the belated end of the 2019/20 PL season, I’d never watched so much football. The long break got my mojo back.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Dear God, this WHU Newcastle game is poor. The PL need to get crowds back; without them, the game is only of interest to the gaming industry.

I'm rewatching the Caribbean Premier League cricket SF (and I know the score).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I predict Liverpool will struggle to finish 2nd this season, reckon they might end up 3rd or 4th... We'll see

I agree. Said all along Man City will destroy the league this season and there’s a chance Chelsea/Arsenal could pip Liverpool.

Liverpool have been incredible for nearly three seasons now playing at an unbelievable intensity. That and the emotional rollercoaster they’ve been on during that time must take it out of them. I do think this season will be an understandable dip for them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I predict Liverpool will struggle to finish 2nd this season, reckon they might end up 3rd or 4th... We'll see

Totally agree. They probably won’t be able to sustain the winning machine of the last two seasons with no signings of note, whilst ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea keep acquiring proven stars. Too thin a squad beyond the best 14 or so players. Whereas ManU and ManC can ride key injuries better.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know it seems like it every season, but West Ham are in serious trouble again this season.

Unless they start signing quality, they will be.

Newcastle have been cute - Antonio is crowded out by two when he receives the ball, Soucek marked by equally tall giants at set pieces. Without the goals of those two in 2020, West Ham would’ve vied with Norwich for bottom spot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I still think Wilson and Fraser are risks for Newcastle but there’s no doubt Bruce has done well to get Lewis signed and Hendrick on a free. 2 very good signings.

£20m for the pair, given the understanding they already have as proven Premier League performers, looks great business to me. Very limited downside.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
West Sham in real, real trouble.

Can see them going down.

Steve Bruce proving a lot of people wrong, now that is a side building for top 10

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Moyes must be the clear favourite in the Premier League sack race.
West Ham won't want to pay Burnley compensation for Dyche.

My prediction is that Smug Eddie will be in charge of West Ham before the end of October.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here