Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/07/20

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
didn't take long for Mourinho to turn Spurs from free flowing title challengers to mid table cloggers, they are awful.

They should beg Pochetino to come back

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been surprised by the results of all three PL games played so far today, bloody hope it doesn’t turn into four....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has that just bought him a three match ban? If so, it may be a stroke of genius. He can be literally on the beach, while his teammates have to go through the motions for three more games, being there only metaphorically.

I think so. All that's really been said so far is 'off the ball altercation'. If it's violent conduct it'll be three matches. If it's something like spitting, I think that might only be two matches. While trying to find footage of the incident on twitter I saw a lot of palace fans bleating about how unfair it was Benteke would be sent off for dissent, when Robertson was able to moan at the ref following Liverpool's draw yesterday and not face any action, but I think that is before they knew it was for something else.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone seen what Benteke was red-carded for?

I heard someone say he was offering a Villa player out.
Seems a bit lame for a straight red.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
recently tho', he's spent an awful lot of money for scant reward

Yes - but doesn’t make him a poor manager. Utd were a basket case post Van Gaal. Arguably Solksjaer is benefiting a little, but Fernandez has been a great signing for them post Jose.

Tottenham’s dressing room is/was (and probably still is) fragmented.
Getting Erickson out was a good start for him, but they have a massive rebuild on.

That said I don’t really care about either of them....[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yes - but doesn’t make him a poor manager. Utd were a basket case post Van Gaal. Arguably Solksjaer is benefiting a little, but Fernandez has been a great signing for them post Jose.

Tottenham’s dressing room is/was (and probably still is) fragmented.
Getting Erickson out was a good start for him, but they have a massive rebuild on.

That said I don’t really care about either of them....[emoji2]

the op said over-rated, but that huge spend for a cup or two is poor, i'm sure both owners expected more

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
the op said over-rated, but that huge spend for a cup or two is poor, i'm sure both owners expected more

Perhaps - but if he gets European football for Spurs isn’t that a success given where they were?

got a poor Utd team second - that was a great effort, considering what he’d inherited.

Overrated is inaccurate IMO, see champions league and league winner in multiple countries.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Encouragingly Leicester seem up for this so far

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Perhaps - but if he gets European football for Spurs isn’t that a success given where they were?

got a poor Utd team second - that was a great effort, considering what he’d inherited.

Overrated is inaccurate IMO, see champions league and league winner in multiple countries.

oh yeah, no question, always; spent ridiculous amounts tho, and hasn't appeared to have created a team ethic since chelski all those years ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here