Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre season confirmed!

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Rumour has it that we are also playing Reading in Michel Kuipers' testimonial game in early August.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Someone who knows one of the match officals who has been asked to do the game.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Wondering if some people who went to Portugal last time can share some info with me? Myself and my girlfriend want to go on a sunny holiday, but all she wants to do is sunbathe by the pool. Do the Albion fans meet up and play a bit of 5-a side etc? I can't stand just sunbathing. GET SO BORED!

Cheers!

Anyone else get the impression the club have only made this public because so many people were asking about pre-season, and haven't actually organised the trip with fans in mind at all? Portugal was brilliant, announced months in advance, situated right in the middle of a main tourist resort that was dead easy (and cheap) to get to. Jerez, as nice as I'm sure it is, is hardly a summer holiday destination and is miles from any (Malaga's 100 miles away, and flights are now around the £300 mark).

Shame, but it looks like pre-season is going to start in Bognor for me.

Anyone else get the impression the club have only made this public because so many people were asking about pre-season, and haven't actually organised the trip with fans in mind at all? Portugal was brilliant, announced months in advance, situated right in the middle of a main tourist resort that was dead easy (and cheap) to get to. Jerez, as nice as I'm sure it is, is hardly a summer holiday destination and is miles from any (Malaga's 100 miles away, and flights are now around the £300 mark).

Shame, but it looks like pre-season is going to start in Bognor for me.

Pre season is about getting the players right, rather than a jolly for fans, but yeah I know what you mean. I'm going to try to do it, but it may mean driving and stuff. Not brilliant.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Mate of mine has a villa on the Costa Del La Luz, just mentioned it to Mrs Nomore, waiting for the reply now :whistle:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
now on OS...i'm confused as to whether dates/details will be on the site next few days or whether they mean start of next week (14th)??

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Pre season is about getting the players right, rather than a jolly for fans, but yeah I know what you mean. I'm going to try to do it, but it may mean driving and stuff. Not brilliant.

Agree entirely, which makes me think this trip was actually organised ages ago and the club have just bowed to pressure to release the details.

Nevermind, the pregnant wife probably wouldn't have let me go anyway. :jester:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Question to our resident Spaniards - what are the trains like over there? Would it be feasible to stay in Seville and get a train over to Jerez? (if that's where the games are going to be played?) How much would it cost in a taxi?

Looking for a destination that's going to be a bit more conducive for a group of young chaps.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Just googled London Gatwick to Sevilla for that time and found a return fare at £68 going out day before the Albion and returning the day after then realized that I shall be in Las Vegas then.

Really?! I looked and couldnt find bugger all flying from Gatwick to Seville.. Link??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here