Pre season confirmed!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
In geographic terms, Jerez to Torremolinos is 2 1/2 hours

In cutural and lifestyle terms it's a million miles!

lol, fully aware of that, just wondering if flight prices will be cheaper to malaga and airports that serve the typical brit holiday and how far we are talking.

hopefully the clun announce fixtures and dates asap. could be class

Smartarse. :smile:

Okay, nearest airport it won't cost over a grand to get to from Gatwick?

Ah, that's more difficult!

Probably Gibraltar but not so easy to get from there to Jerez unless you hire a car. Even Seville, there's a train from there. Ryanair fly from Stansted to Jerez (or at least used to), I've done that route a few times.

But presumably the club will announce a travel package like they did for the last two years?

Hotels are going to be pretty pricey as it's smack bang in the middle of the high season but if you have a car it may well be worth staying either in Seville (if you don't mind the heat) or further inland and driving to the games. Good rates at hotels in Seville at that time.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Just book up a last minute week away nearby and hire a minibus! plenty of places to stay Did it when England played in seville and cost us £200 with hotel and flights! Failing that go on the club deal!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Me and my better half went down to that neck of the woods a few years ago.

Having driven over from Granada, we stayed in Jerez for a few days. Took in Seville (it pissed hard), Cadiz (bee-yootiful) and Gibraltar (weird). If you like sherry you're in hog's heaven (they serve it chilled - magnificent); if you like motorbike racing, you're out of luck because the Spanish Moto GP in Jerez has already taken place this year.

Might well see about going over in July and hiring a car...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just googled London Gatwick to Sevilla for that time and found a return fare at £68 going out day before the Albion and returning the day after then realized that I shall be in Las Vegas then.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Can recommend flying to Faro and staying in Ayamonte (Costa Esuri is nice). The Spanish side of the border is 25-40% cheaper than Portugal and much tidier and cleaner. Dive about 1 hr up to Jerez.

Tempted!

TNBA

TTF

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can recommend flying to Faro and staying in Ayamonte (Costa Esuri is nice). The Spanish side of the border is 25-40% cheaper than Portugal and much tidier and cleaner. Dive about 1 hr up to Jerez.

Tempted!

TNBA

TTF

Punta Umbria is a nice small resort that could be worth looking at!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here