Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Post Match Comments - Did he really mean that?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Surely Arsenal are failing to keep up with the top clubs because they won't break the wage structure and therefore have become a selling club.

I agree with you about grinding out results, just remember when we were promoted and won all those games in March by one goal margins.

Oh so they are exactly like us!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
So, Mr Burns & TCB think we should get rid of Poyet. It's funny really, how it's always the same people who are first to turn on a manager, any manager. .
As isn't funny, despite being pulled up on it time and time again, its the same people who post shit to try and further their argument. Yes, I may be one of the first to turn on a manager, but always?? When have I turned on a manager before, or is that just moer Thunder Bolt bullshit. (I'll give you a hint, only once, yers ago I was 100% against Mickey Adams Part II. And I think I may have been proved right on that one). Was I one of the first to turn on Slade.... no. McGhee..... no. Stop posting shit Thunder Bolt, because everyone is starting to see that you have nothing to say, but feel the need to join in, even if you have to make shit up

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not sure they are saying that im reading it more along the lines that "he is not the messiah" and im gonna be honest all this mutual masterbation of gus can do no wrong gets on my tits his halo has slipped somewhat but people fail to see that. That said i would still rather him in charge.
Thunder Bolt knows exactly what being said, but he just likes to act a wally sometime, actually most of the time. He alway has a classic habit of quoting people on things they have never actually said. He gets pulled up on it all the time, and will keep arguing until he's backed into a corner then disappear from the thread.... until next time. Not one of NSCs finest I'm afriad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As isn't funny, despite being pulled up on it time and time again, its the same people who post shit to try and further their argument. Yes, I may be one of the first to turn on a manager, but always?? When have I turned on a manager before, or is that just moer Thunder Bolt bullshit. (I'll give you a hint, only once, yers ago I was 100% against Mickey Adams Part II. And I think I may have been proved right on that one). Was I one of the first to turn on Slade.... no. McGhee..... no. Stop posting shit Thunder Bolt, because everyone is starting to see that you have nothing to say, but feel the need to join in, even if you have to make shit up

My apologies, because I quoted you, it looks as though I said you're the one who turns on managers first. You have thought that Poyet will get sacked by Bonfire Night which is why I mentioned that.
There are the same old people who are negative all the time on this boards such at Withdean Wanderer, The Complete Badger, somerset to name but a few who are always miseries and always complaining about the manager.

Btw I have never pretended to be one of Nsc's finest. I have an opinion like anyone else. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and some smell more than others.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The problem with playing the passing game is that when confidence is low, like it is now, the passing becomes very deliberate which slows the attack and allows the opposition to regroup. Whilst we were winning a few games, the ball was zipping about and pulling the opposition out of position. Confidence is the difference at the moment, that split second hesitation is costing us points, and I think explains why we seem to be so inconsistent.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The problem with playing the passing game is that when confidence is low, like it is now, the passing becomes very deliberate which slows the attack and allows the opposition to regroup. Whilst we were winning a few games, the ball was zipping about and pulling the opposition out of position. Confidence is the difference at the moment, that split second hesitation is costing us points, and I think explains why we seem to be so inconsistent.

Agrees with this and someone put on another thread that teams have sussed us out and set up to play against us and its working, I'm more worried that we may be reaching the point where we are so predictable they don't need to set up against us and have a game plan they just turn up cos its a foregone conclusion how we are going to play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agrees with this and someone put on another thread that teams have sussed us out and set up to play against us and its working, I'm more worried that we may be reaching the point where we are so predictable they don't need to set up against us and have a game plan they just turn up cos its a foregone conclusion how we are going to play.

Another one who thinks we'll never win another game this season.

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
I like Poyet, and as a Albion fan who has been through thick and thin, I never thought we would be where we are now. We need and have needed for a while a real goal scorer, and I fear without one for which we won't get one until January, this season will be like last....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like Poyet, and as a Albion fan who has been through thick and thin, I never thought we would be where we are now. We need and have needed for a while a real goal scorer, and I fear without one for which we won't get one until January, this season will be like last....

Strangely enough this time last year, some Reading fans turned against their manager, but in the January window he got Roberts. The rest as they say, is history.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

I wouldn't get too excited about the January window - very few serious signings happen and even loans tend to be halting relegation. Any striker who is on fire isn't going move in Jan unless something is very wrong where he is

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
I wouldn't get too excited about the January window - very few serious signings happen and even loans tend to be halting relegation. Any striker who is on fire isn't going move in Jan unless something is very wrong where he is

Very true, but we can always hope for someone who might make that difference

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I gave you an exact example of just that happening.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Last season there were three major striker signings in January, Vaz Te to West Ham, Sharp to Southampton and Roberts to Reading.

Which three teams were promoted?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There we go then.......our promotion season hinges on Lambert leaving Saints and signing for us in January.

Marvelous scenes.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think Poyets comments are bang on.

We play a certain way, it's a style I have always loved, and this season we are creating loads more chances and at the moment not leaking loads of goals. We will score more goals, it's not even November yet.

If I was a Boro or Birmingham fan I wouldve come away from those games thinking my team had been lucky to win. Especially yesterday when we dominated the game and had 4 times as many chances as the visitors.

Its weird, football, a game whereby the manager can do only so much yet the failure of the players to put the ball in the back of the net is deemed his fault.

The last few games have been a great example of form, as were the games beforehand. On our day we are a classy side, but there will be days when it doesn't click. Boro are having a bit of good form at the moment, there'll be times when it doesn't click for them as well.

I'm on the Gus bus & also the "Groovy Gang"

It's awesome and I love it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The system we play, our style, led to

-Hammond being free, but heads the ball wide
-CMS being through one on one but spooning the ball high and over
-CMS to shoot over after Lopez and Barnes had shots saved

We had the chances to score and it was down to the individuals failing, not the system. It wasn't that Middlesbrough stifled us, or that they defended so well, stopped us getting through or behind them. The individuals just didn't do their jobs once they got through.

Exactly that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here