Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets after match comments.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
All very well slagging off the players - very few may be part of the problem

Surely a bigger factor is the tactics which is down to Gus and his team. You do not have to be Einstein to work out this slow pace we have been plaiying at is so easy to defend against.
The times wehave looked good this season have been when we have put a bit of pace and passion into our game

I believe we have a core of good players providing we use them wisely

Pace and passion! If you are playing the passing game properly you need to have players that are able to make those fast passing decisions on the ball instinctively which usually indicates they have been brought up in that style before they could walk. This is why Scholes was valued so highly on the continent . Its got nothing to do with being fast on the ball and passion you can see that stuff in a park on a sunday.

Last edited:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Steve Cook played well against LIVERPOOL. So long as we were getting the results (hey we were top of the league!), Gus was right to stick by the team. Now that their frailties have been exposed, he will make decisions and changes.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Interesting tweet from steve cook just now. Obviously disappointed with his situation.

He can stop trying to be so pseudo. A simple "I'm gutted not to get off the bench today" rather than "What do I have to do..." would impress me more. It's not about one player getting his poor little feelings hurt, it's about a manager trying to eke the best out of what he's got.

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
Clearly we do need to tighten up at the back, shipping 9 goals in three games isn't good enough BUT we are 5th in the Championship which really isn't bad at all and I agree with Gus when he said after the Palace game that you swap the wins away at Cardiff or Pompy for a win against Palace and most would be happy. I think being three points off of 2nd and in the play-offs is a great start to the season overall. Yes we need to look at tightening up but overall it's a cracking start to life at the Amex and as long as Gus can address the problems that have come up over the last couple of weeks (which I think he can) then we'll be good. I thought in the summer, as long as we stay in this league I'll be happy and I stand by that. The play-offs would just be a massive bonus and automatic promotion would still be dreamland! UP THE ALBION!!!!!

Last edited:

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Reality check please! We are in the playoffs and i for one am absolutely delighted with our current position, we are a 1/3 of the way to safety already. We have played some fatanstic stuff this season and have exceed the expectations of anyone with half an understanding of football and a grasp of reality.

Yes we have lost a couple of games in a row, including a really upsetting performance against the scum, but lets stop acting like the world is going to end (except said game against the Nigels), just look at the quality of the teams we have played recently Leeds, Leicester, Ipswich- all teams that will be there or there about come the end of the season. We have also had a pretty hectic schedule recently, i think people need to realise our level, we are not the biggest team in the league and we definitely arent dead certs to win the league/every game just because we have had a couple of nice write ups in the papers, so stop acting like we are.

Yes we could probably do with a couple of defenders and a keeper and a holding midfield player etc etc but we are 5th in the league for f*** sake and have just signed CMS and Vicente, i mean proper class players, who would have ever imagined that even 2 years ago???? You also have to remember that the players AND gus are both on a steep learning curve, you cant turn on the defense/keeper when we set up to play out and out attack- perhaps a touch of keegan-esque naivety by Gus?

Either way people need to cut out some of this negativity, its a great time to be a Brighton fan and those moaning all the time either have very short memories or have not been following the Albion for more than a matter of months, GET A GRIP AND GET BEHIND GUS AND THE WHOLE TEAM, im sure we will learn from these performances, gus' comments are more than likely aimed at gee'ing up certain players who he obviously believes in, or he wouldnt have persisted with in the first place.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Clearly we do need to tighten up at the back, shipping 9 goals in three games isn't good enough BUT we are 5th in the Championship /QUOTE]

Only because of the freak results past two weeks. Time to take the blinkers off and make changes, tactically and personnel

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hopefully a pacey left back will be brought in.

We can't play lua lua / noone on left with him behind, and also a big powerful CM is needed.

CAHAG

Sep 21, 2009
you lot make me laff, You've hit a sticky patch, the bubble has burst, (as you were told it would) and your on about getting in new players, I thought we had some knee jerk wallys at Palace, What did you think you were going to come and do ? Win the league? You've been shown this league is a hard league, and Poyet is not the messiah you thought he was, get over yourselves you bunch of moaning wet Mary's. You've got a brilliant new stadium, a few quid in the bank and even I have to admit you've got the makings of a good team.

But not yet .......

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
you lot make me laff, You've hit a sticky patch, the bubble has burst, (as you were told it would) and your on about getting in new players, I thought we had some knee jerk wallys at Palace, What did you think you were going to come and do ? Win the league? You've been shown this league is a hard league, and Poyet is not the messiah you thought he was, get over yourselves you bunch of moaning wet Mary's. You've got a brilliant new stadium, a few quid in the bank and even I have to admit you've got the makings of a good team.

But not yet .......

you not got a board of your own? f*** off

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Reality check please! We are in the playoffs and i for one am absolutely delighted with our current position, we are a 1/3 of the way to safety already. We have played some fatanstic stuff this season and have exceed the expectations of anyone with half an understanding of football and a grasp of reality.

Yes we have lost a couple of games in a row, including a really upsetting performance against the scum, but lets stop acting like the world is going to end (except said game against the Nigels), just look at the quality of the teams we have played recently Leeds, Leicester, Ipswich- all teams that will be there or there about come the end of the season. We have also had a pretty hectic schedule recently, i think people need to realise our level, we are not the biggest team in the league and we definitely arent dead certs to win the league/every game just because we have had a couple of nice write ups in the papers, so stop acting like we are.

Yes we could probably do with a couple of defenders and a keeper and a holding midfield player etc etc but we are 5th in the league for f*** sake and have just signed CMS and Vicente, i mean proper class players, who would have ever imagined that even 2 years ago???? You also have to remember that the players AND gus are both on a steep learning curve, you cant turn on the defense/keeper when we set up to play out and out attack- perhaps a touch of keegan-esque naivety by Gus?

Either way people need to cut out some of this negativity, its a great time to be a Brighton fan and those moaning all the time either have very short memories or have not been following the Albion for more than a matter of months, GET A GRIP AND GET BEHIND GUS AND THE WHOLE TEAM, im sure we will learn from these performances, gus' comments are more than likely aimed at gee'ing up certain players who he obviously believes in, or he wouldnt have persisted with in the first place.

We are behind Gus 100%, there is nothing wrong with constructive observations which is all that has been talked about here. Even Gus is saying there might be an issue with quality. Hes chosen a beautiful style to play football and when it works consistently we will have a team to be talked about up and down the country, but its f***ing hard style to get right, its going to take time and changes.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
One of our problems recently has ben lack of shots on goal. If you don't shoot, you don't score.

On the bench we have a certain Mr Hoskins who we paid good money for. If CMS and Barnes are not cutting it, why is Hoskins not playing?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
what are people opinions on CMS now, imo showing his not prem class yet, but is he just not getting the service

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

But not yet .......

I agree with every word that you said, CAHAG. It makes a pleasant change to see a sensible post from a Palace fan on NSC.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back from the game. I felt score flattered them. Calderon had a great first half, but judging by the players reactions they expected him to track Chopra for both goals...... However I felt that in both cases Liam stood off too much as well, there looked at least 7-10 yards between Chopra and the nearest Albion player, which is unacceptable. In a way similar to Leeds second and Murray's goal. Will we never learn!

Th second goal looked like a free header, but couldn't tell if Casper should have come out. Interestingly he was more dominant after that.

Great goal by Vincente, but unlike the Palace game, I genuinely feel we were worth something. Great support again...
Good chant to Calder, where were you on Tuesday night?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back from the game. I felt score flattered them. Calderon had a great first half, but judging by the players reactions they expected him to track Chopra for both goals...... However I felt that in both cases Liam stood off too much as well, there looked at least 7-10 yards between Chopra and the nearest Albion player, which is unacceptable. In a way similar to Leeds second and Murray's goal. Will we never learn!

Th second goal looked like a free header, but couldn't tell if Casper should have come out. Interestingly he was more dominant after that.

Great goal by Vincente, but unlike the Palace game, I genuinely feel we were worth something. Great support again...

Good chant to Calder, where were you on Tuesday night?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here