Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets after match comments.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
you lot make me laff, You've hit a sticky patch, the bubble has burst, (as you were told it would) and your on about getting in new players, I thought we had some knee jerk wallys at Palace, What did you think you were going to come and do ? Win the league? You've been shown this league is a hard league, and Poyet is not the messiah you thought he was, get over yourselves you bunch of moaning wet Mary's. You've got a brilliant new stadium, a few quid in the bank and even I have to admit you've got the makings of a good team.

But not yet .......

To some extent I agree with your post, but a few of us has said from the day we got promoted that certain players are probably not up to the pace and strength of the Championship. Gus is still the messiah, and I for one am still a very happy Albion fan.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seems harsh to slag off some of the players that won us League One but I agree both full backs are struggling at this level. We also need a hard man in the middle of the park to compliment Bridcutt.

Agree with this, and I think that man is Adam El-Abd. Don't think hes tall enough to play centre back in this division and think this could be ideal for him!

CAHAG

Sep 21, 2009
you not got a board of your own? f*** off

charming, please tell me? are you the next poet laureate? I only ask as your obviously the eloquent type. In answer to your question, yes we do have a couple of boards of our own actually, but for some reason of late, there hasn't been any weed fans on the away fans bit (I wonder why?) So I thought I would come and have chat with some in there own back yard (if the mountain won't come to Mohammed etc etc). I would be interested to see if,like some of the more intelligent weed fans on here, whether or not you could actually comment on what I said. Which in essence is basically " suck it up buttercup". You've lost a few games, so what ? you still have a great stadium a good manager, and the makings of a good team.

The fact that half the stadium went home when we went in front went along way to prove my point about the over expectations of some of your so called fans, I actually felt sorry for the proper fans of Brighton who went to the Withdean every week.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
good team.

I actually felt sorry for the proper fans of Brighton who went to the Withdean every week.

As one of the supporters who went to Withdean every week, I can assure you, that you don't need to feel sorry for me.

I love our new home....the return of so many old Albion supporters......the new supporters....and the young supporters. Add to this the level of football and our future prospects...I,m as happy as a pig in shit.

Thankyou.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We are about to find out what Poyet is made of. Up until now he has not had any real problems to deal with at the Albion, yes he sorted out the drinking culture at the club and we had the Forster issue but all the time your winning games he cannot be questioned. This day was always going to come and now we will see how he copes. Does he have a plan b? Can he motivate players that are low on confidence and stop it spreading though the whole squad? Can he keep himself motivated so the players have something to aspire to?...If Poyet starts to throw his toys around and starts blameing everyone bar himself on every issue, it does not bowed well moving forward. Problems need nipping in the bud and sorting out in double quick time. This is what separates the crap and the good, we are about to find out what Gus is really made of. You could say it his first real mini crisis, yes we are still in the top six before people start pointing that out. But I think its fair to say 9 goals concided in three games and 1 point in the last 12 on offer, is indeed a mini crisis.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Whilst we are playing poorly at the moment and we need changes I think some are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

The first issue that needs to be addressed is the full backs, get a left back in on loan and play Vincelot at rb. Greer is getting a lot of stick but I only feel his performances have dipped since the full backs have lost form and unsettled the back four.

We then need someone to play alongside Bridcutt in central midfield and for f*** sake play Hoskins up front with CMS as Barnes looks lost and so immobile CMS looks on his own.

If that doesn't work then maybe look at central defence and the keeper but right now I think a few small changes and upping the tempo and urgency of how we play might make the difference and start to make us more competitive at least

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought Gus sounded mildly shell shocked

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
and for f*** sake play Hoskins up front with CMS as Barnes looks lost and so immobile CMS looks on his own.

If Hoskins is asked to play the same role that Gus asks Barnes to play, he will "look lost" too. Barnes is the one who is dropped back to support midfield and defence (often quite well for a forward - I'd mark him as one of our better defenders v palace), so when we push forward and look for two forwards, he's still having to make his way out. Barnes has played a role in 12 of our 19 goals. but can only do that when he is allowed to get forward.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought Gus sounded mildly shell shocked

I thought he sounded like his voice was strained. No idea if that was shouting instructions during the match or a dressing down in the changing rooms after the game.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If Hoskins is asked to play the same role that Gus asks Barnes to play, he will "look lost" too. Barnes is the one who is dropped back to support midfield and defence (often quite well for a forward - I'd mark him as one of our better defenders v palace), so when we push forward and look for two forwards, he's still having to make his way out. Barnes has played a role in 12 of our 19 goals. put can only do that when he is allowed to get forward.

I don't think he will... Hoskins is far more comfortable with the ball at his feet and can turn and run with the ball, not one of Barnes strengths. At the moment for me Barnes is invisible.

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
I know Barnes has stuck away a couple of penalties but he's scored as many as CMS so I don't get the invisible remarks?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I know Barnes has stuck away a couple of penalties but he's scored as many as CMS so I don't get the invisible remarks?

More to the game than just scoring goals, Barnes has offered very little to the team in a fair few games this season

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A lot of it is down to fatigue. Just look at the amount of goals we've conceded in the second half of games lately. The players deserve a break (although last Tuesday night still hurts) and hopefully in a fortnight we'll see the team fresh and back to winning ways.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a new Goalie, El-abd pushing for a place, kick Dickers arse, Hoskins for Barnes, and we are a decent 9th place team.....that will do for me :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus does not like the loan system so I think that he will look around Europe for players who are unattached and can sign a contract until the end of the season. Hopefully he will then move some out on loan.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Whats all this about criticising the frontline... is there one game this season when we havent scored? One... Liecester. Weve scored five in the last three which is pretty good... its all about defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here