Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets after match comments.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A bit harsh I'd say. I don't think we've got any absolute duffers - some would be very respectable squad players.. just not quite good enough to be the core of a team that could push for the top. But good enough to keep us up? I'd say so. So it's wrong to dismiss them as only good enough for League One.

I would agree with that. But I think the top brass are keen for us to push on and it do not think it is unfair to suggest one or two players are not top six material.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
From another thread posted by Captain Sensible

Sorry, can you please enlighten me, where did these comments come from ? I could not see anything on the official club site.

I do think that we need a new GK (certainly not just someone to challenge CA but a replacement ) and two replacement full backs. After that, whereas GG is generally doing a reasonable job in the centre of defence, he will certainly not be up to any higher level, so ? Personally I don't think TE is good enough when he becomes fit, AEA is but really he is not tall enough.

I really don't want to sound negative, we support a wonderful club but, if you, me, everyone wants to move on, certain issues need to be addressed.

Dont really disagrre with any of that! TE - Definitely not good enough, was totally ordinary in League 1.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe he thought Calde had learnt his lesson and was ready to do a job today. Was a shame to hear that Calde stood off Chopra twice for both Goals.

Far too easy for the forward - he needs to learn to defend tighter, its not the spanish league!

Seems harsh to slag off some of the players that won us League One but I agree both full backs are struggling at this level. We also need a hard man in the middle of the park to compliment Bridcutt.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
3 month max loans ,will now take us into the jan window,perhaps Gus was waiting for that as he doesnt like short loans, but loans to buy in jan,may well now happen.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Gus did. He said at the start of he interview that the game was Premiership players against League 1 players.

He said they played like a team that is a division above us but that they are not premiership, so we must be playing like a league 1 side, he also acknowledged that most teams in this league haver better ,stronger players than us and that to combat that we must play well as a team, which we are not doing and that team members will be replaced as required.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Seems harsh to slag off some of the players that won us League One but I agree both full backs are struggling at this level. We also need a hard man in the middle of the park to compliment Bridcutt.

Theres no slagging players off, just pointing out they aint good enough!! simple

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The best form of defence is attack, problem is we aint scoring when we have the ball.

Correct, and also we dont look as thoughwe know how to create a goal if it doesnt come from Noone.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Let's face it, Gus got over-excited buying attacking players...

Indeed, touch of the Wengers, spending all the dough on midfielders & attackers and ignoring defence & GK, at least if you do this you should put Noone ON at 1-0 to try and go 2 up not hope you can hold out with leaky defence

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I guess we tried to keep the wage bill down and take as chance this year with the current players. It clearly isnt working and some of these players are struggling at this level.

I don't think it was about keeping the wage bill down. I think he saw how much better than the rest of league one we were and so felt the players had earned the opportunity.

I think the players are better than the last 5 games has shown, but I think they need better quality team mates. I know that sounds weird, but I think every player in our team can play well enough in an average performance to fit in with an average league one team, but can only play well in the same team if they are all on their game.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
All very well slagging off the players - very few may be part of the problem

Surely a bigger factor is the tactics which is down to Gus and his team. You do not have to be Einstein to work out this slow pace we have been plaiying at is so easy to defend against.
The times wehave looked good this season have been when we have put a bit of pace and passion into our game

I believe we have a core of good players providing we use them wisely

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Interesting tweet from steve cook just now. Obviously disappointed with his situation.

Steve Cook can rightly be hacked off.

He put in a more than decent shift against Spurs/Leeds ? Sorry !

GP has got to give these guys an opportunity as indeed he was forced into doing with LD. and who is going to question that particular decision.

They ARE the future of our club and need to be given the chance to shine, no point in persevering with existing players who aint ever going to cut it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here