Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet tells League to dump JPT Tournament

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
From a fans point of view it is a cheap game and a chance to play a final at Wembley, but we don't have to deal woth the repercussions of a game abnd pontential injuries or a distraction to league preparation.

He has a point from his perspective and that is where he is talking from... obviously.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Perhaps Gus should have thought about this when he picked the team to play Northampton, which if we had won may have given us a match against a Premier side and then put out the reserves/trialists in this match. H e will learn with each bit of experience he gains as a manager.

Not sure the "weak" team that clubs put out for the League Cup is the fault of the lower league managers.

Long ago, the Premiership teams devalued the League Cup, by putting out reserve teams. This in turn, has devalued the early rounds of this competition throughout now.

Even Man City didn't turn up with a full squad. ....(no Robhino or Wright-Phillips). A great win that night for us, but we know in our heart of hearts, it wasn't quite the giant-killing that you experienced years before.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I totally disagree. Having never seen albion win promotion or go to a major stadium, there is nothing better i can imagine than watching brighton walk out while surrounded by 40,000 other albion fans while we rocked wembley with GOSBTS. Obviously it would be much better seeing us in the playoff final, but still, i would take a wembley appearance over 3 points any day.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So why are we entered then? Surely we dont have to??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and if he doesnt want to be in the competition then GET PROMOTED and STAY there...!

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
My mate is a Donny Rovers fan and when they one it a couple of years ago I'm sure he said it was worth the best part of £1million to them. This consisted of gate receipts, prize money, TV and sales of merchandise.

That doesn't sound like a waste of time to me.

I was gutted when we lost to Luton, I was looking forward to a day out at Wembley.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was gutted when we lost to Luton, I was looking forward to a day out at Wembley.

Same here. It would have made the season more bearable.

Also it may have kept Mickey in a job and who knows we may have turned the corner with him instead of relying on SALDE.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Heart-wrenching penalty shootout :) Was it something like we hadn't missed a penalty all season or something similar? and then we lost...Oh well, Adams got sacked, then we got Slade who kept us up who then got sacked, and now we have Poyet....everything happens for a reason, and we have an amazing manager now :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here