Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet tells League to dump JPT Tournament

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think it should be scrapped as it costs clubs money end of,like he says its only good if you win it and how many clubs innit????

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Personally, I can't be bothered with the JPT. However, given the number of players we get sent off, it is very, very useful to have these games, so our suspended players get back to the real football a game early.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If we got to the area final, like we did against Luton. Everyone would be wetting their pants about it. I would love to see us at Wembley and lift the only cup, we stand a realistic chance of winning. As for Poyet saying it does not buy you a striker or whatever it was he said. Im sure the revenew from winning and a 50k + crowd at Wembley, would go some way to funding a signing. I get the impression they interviewed Poyet at rather a bad time today, something to do with the lack of finding a 25 goal striker perhaps???

No, I wanted us to lose at Luton, and had no desire to go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only JPT game I've ever been to was the home leg of the semi against Luton. And by christ I ended up wishing I hadn't bothered.

Dire.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
No, I wanted us to lose at Luton, and had no desire to go.

It's one thing not giving a toss about the competition, and I can just about understand that. But wanting our football club to LOSE A GAME?!

You prat.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gus wouldn't be moaning if he'd been able to assemble a squad that isn't basically screwed with a couple of injuries.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You really hate Poyet don't you?

On a more practical note, it may be worth spunking your mortgage on an Orient win on Wednesday,

I will be quite happy to go out early. Hopefully we won't qualify for the competition soon!

Don't hate him at all, but I don't think he should avoid criticism simply because he's Gus Poyet.

The sun doesn't shine out of his arse. He is capable of f***-ups.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You could say that about a lot of league games though

Indeed.
But I've already paid for those, so I HAVE to go. A JPT game requires a special effort and additional costs, so the "why did I bother ?" aspect tends to kick in a lot more readily if the game begins to smell.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am 100% behind Poyet and I think he is doing a great job, has got us playing attractive football and I think he will bring us success. That said everytime things seem to go against us, he seems to go all sulky and has a rant about something. The other day he was going on about the importance of winning three home games on the bounce. Today he is caught at a bad moment and rants about the JPT. I think his passion is great but that does not mean he is always right. He was clearly pissed off with the failure to get his man today.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What a tool.

Might as well scrap every competition in the World then that doesn't result in a European place for the winner, right down to Sunday league level.

The chance to win a trophy is generally the primary purpose of a cup competition. If he doesn't understand that then he shouldn't be a manager.

What a tool

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
WW has stated his opinion. Whether you agree with it or not it does not make him a Wanker and all the other shit has has been expected to take. I agree its a shit compeition but Poyet is getting ahead of himself. We are a 3rd division team who cannot pick and choose the games we can be bothered with. He basically gave up without a fight in the League cup and has given up without a fight in the JPT. We are not in a position to be so arrogant and disrectpectful at this stage. I guess ayone having 2nd thoughts about going tomorrow can't be arsed now as Poyet clearly can't be arsed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
pointless cup, only good thing is the day at wembly if we somehow make it to the final

In that case the FA Cup is pointless as well.

WW has stated his opinion. Whether you agree with it or not it does not make him a Wanker and all the other shit has has been expected to take. I agree its a shit compeition but Poyet is getting ahead of himself. We are a 3rd division team who cannot pick and choose the games we can be bothered with. He basically gave up without a fight in the League cup and has given up without a fight in the JPT. We are not in a position to be so arrogant and disrectpectful at this stage. I guess ayone having 2nd thoughts about going tomorrow can't be arsed now as Poyet clearly can't be arsed.

A really pathetic excuse for not going ... "Gus told me not to bother".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its a fair point.
But I still cannot rouse myself to give a flying one about this competition, so I know exactly where Gus is coming from. Perhaps you're right though insofar as maybe he should keep his thoughts to himself. I love his honesty, but sometimes perhaps he comes out with a bit too much.

He's a journalists dream isn't he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here