Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Signs...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Look, if a massive club came in for him a year or two down the line then of course its going to put that loyalty to the test. But at the moment, everything he says is all about being here long-term, and I have no reason to suspect he's blowing us bubbles out of his arse.

If you look at my original post that's almost exactly what I said. Great news that we now have that security on him - am I dancing in the street that he is committed to another 4 years. No.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
FANTASTICO NEWS...........OUR club has landed firmly on planet football.......it's taken a while to get here, but other clubs have now better sit up and watch in ore as we dust ourselves off and climb the ladder to success.

Lets make sure there is no better club to manage......Brighton is the club everyone wants....................Make it happen...........Tony over to you

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Best case scenario - Gus is brilliant and stays to takes us to the Premiership
Good scenario - He gets poached but we get decent compensation
Worst case scenario - we are paying off another manager for possibly up to 4 years

Good gamble by Bloom imo, but who knows what will happen come Xmas let alone years down the line :shrug:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ThisThis news has made my day AND weekend! Can't wait for the season to begin now, roll on Famer

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Best case scenario - Gus is brilliant and stays to takes us to the Premiership
Good scenario - He gets poached but we get decent compensation
Worst case scenario - we are paying off another manager for possibly up to 4 years

Good gamble by Bloom imo, but who knows what will happen come Xmas let alone years down the line :shrug:

I hardly think Tony Bloom needs anyone elses opinions when it comes to gambling, do you? :thumbsup:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This is fantastic news, I can only see him leaving for a top Premiership club.

UNLESS the wankers in the South Stand screaming 'GET THE BALL FORWARD' really start getting to him. Yes it happened last season.

Gus wants us to play like Spain so you'd all better get used to it :rave:

Completely brilliant news but agree that three passes across the back four will have many of the diehards screaming FORWARD and STOP FANNYING WITH IT!

As Swiss Tony would say "Playing sexy football is like making love to a beautiful woman; you have to start slow, and build up carefully..."

Say goodbye to wham bham thank you mam.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hardly think Tony Bloom needs anyone elses opinions when it comes to gambling, do you? :thumbsup:

I wasn't aware Bloom was reading my posts, thanks for the heads up though :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And Coppell would have honoured it - if Tight had not grabbed the cmpensation money from Reading.

Of course it's not as though we needed the money at the time is it? Some of you people really have an axe to grind over DK. On a good news days you manage to find a negative-well f***ing done.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That passing NONSENSE will UPSET THPP I fear.

Agreed. Was reading back through some of his hilarious rants against passing football the other day.

Retaining possession and playing good, passing football will win you NOTHING.

casillas_1589205c.jpg

r

Err.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What are they on, salary wise?

Not being funny, but is that really any of your business ? I can just about (but only just) see why people might want to know roughly what the players earn, but the managers salary is totally between him and the club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agreed. Was reading back through some of his hilarious rants against passing football the other day.

Retaining possession and playing good, passing football will win you NOTHING.

casillas_1589205c.jpg

r

Err.

Look Mr Tron.

In SCOTLAND Rangers AND Celtic have massive "success" with the particular "up and at em" football for YEARS.

So THERE

:jester:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fantastic news. Its not just the signing of the contract that has made my day, it is Gus' comments. The guy means business and yes I know it does not mean he will be here in four years and contracts mean nothing in football etc etc but I think he is the real deal and we are only going one way.

The improvement last season between the beginning of the season and the end was dramatic and that was purely down to Gus and Taricco and if they carry on that improvement we really will be a force in the Championship sooner rather than later and from there who knows?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed.
We wern't even taking GOAL KICKS at Eastbourne - Poke was just PASSING the ball to the fullback so we could build from the back.

And look what happened THERE.

We capitulated :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here