Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Signs...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Fantastic news. Just that: really fantastic news.

Anyone who's desperate for the cloud on the silver lining when confronted with wonderful news like that is an arse or a closet Palace fan (the two may not be mutually exclusive).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This seasons best signing......well done Gus, Tanno and TB.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Anyone who's desperate for the cloud on the silver lining when confronted with wonderful news like that is an arse or a closet Palace fan (the two may not be mutually exclusive).

Not sure why you feel the need to oversimplify it to a point where anyone who disagrees with you must be picking holes.

Obviously whichever way you look at it it is good news that Gus has signed a contract. But personally I don't think this makes it much less likely that were a big club to come in for Gus in the next couple of seasons he wouldn't consider a move. A contract simply ensures we get a bit of money.

Put it this way: I think everyone here would be extremely suprised if Gus was still here in 4 years - therefore why does everyone place such value on a 4 year contract?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

It's not just the contract being signed-it's all of the other things Gus and Tanno will be getting involved in. His interview gave me a real lift because now we can see that there is a long term plan in place. Gus wants the best academy possible, he'll be looking to help bring in players for "Inch" to work with.

I admit I was kind of underwhelmed when Gus was hired but his appointment may well turn out to be as important to us as Taggart's was for Manure. It could all go tits up too but it isn't looking that way right now.

Perfect timing too-just as we're looking to bring in a few more quality players. Why wouldn't you want to be a part of what's building here?

Good news day indeed for Albion fans.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure why you feel the need to oversimplify it to a point where anyone who disagrees with you must be picking holes.

Obviously whichever way you look at it it is good news that Gus has signed a contract. But personally I don't think this makes it much less likely that were a big club to come in for Gus in the next couple of seasons he wouldn't consider a move. A contract simply ensures we get a bit of money.

Put it this way: I think everyone here would be extremely suprised if Gus was still here in 4 years - therefore why does everyone place such value on a 4 year contract?

Are you going to Swindon and Northampton?

Back to Gus this has put a massive smile on my face. I never doubted he would sign, but confirmation is still good.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Listen to Gus's interview and you'll get an idea why. Gus and Tanno can now put long term plans in place (at all levels within the club) whereas before they were only working towards the end of next season and not really looking much further. Now the whole ethos of the club changes and after listening to Gus I fully expect him to be here for at least another four years.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Its happened at last! :clap2: I'm sure there was nothing wrong in the board room, and no doubt there about his signing but when TB operates so sneakily you worry some times! But hey, who cares, we've got our man for FOUR MORE YEARS. FOUR MORE YEARS. FOUR MORE YEARS :clap2:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
This is fantastic news, I can only see him leaving for a top Premiership club.

UNLESS the wankers in the South Stand screaming 'GET THE BALL FORWARD' really start getting to him. Yes it happened last season.

Gus wants us to play like Spain so you'd all better get used to it :rave:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I won't be.

If you think he is as good manager as he is - do you really think he'll still be at Brighton in 4 years? Not to mention past evidence that shows that hardly ANY manager stays at a club for four years!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I like Gus. Players actually come to our club and IMPROVE now. How long is it since we can say that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you think he is as good manager as he is - do you really think he'll still be at Brighton in 4 years? Not to mention past evidence that shows that hardly ANY manager stays at a club for four years!

"As a manager this was my ambition: to find a place to stay for the long term, so I would like to thank the chairman and directors for giving me the possibility of working at this fantastic club for the next four years."

"I am sure that many people in football thought that I was using Brighton as a stepping stone. That has never been the case, I want to get this club to as high a level as possible in English Football and I'm convinced that this is possible."

So Gus is LYING then ?

Look, if a massive club came in for him a year or two down the line then of course its going to put that loyalty to the test. But at the moment, everything he says is all about being here long-term, and I have no reason to suspect he's blowing us bubbles out of his arse.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I feel like I'm in an american presidential drama "FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here