Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on the Leeds Vacancy

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He has been banging on about Leeds for a while now. What is so special about them? Compared to 20 other top clubs, they don't stand out. 22k? Big club? What about when we pull in 25k next year?
If Leeds is what he wants, or if he wants to walk away in the future, just go now. We can get someone in that wants to be here.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I love Gus, I love the football we play and obviously don't want him to leave any time soon, but inevitably he will at some point and good luck to him when he does (unless its to Palace!).

However no one person is bigger than the club, I support Brighton not any one individual.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He has been banging on about Leeds for a while now. What is so special about them? Compared to 20 other top clubs, they don't stand out. 22k? Big club? What about when we pull in 25k next year?
If Leeds is what he wants, or if he wants to walk away in the future, just go now. We can get someone in that wants to be here.

But not someone who has his style of play and desire to win. Who would you suggest as a replacement within our grasp.

PLEASE people get a f*cking grip. Poyet is the reason we are where we are today.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But not someone who has his style of play and desire to win. Who would you suggest as a replacement within our grasp.

PLEASE people get a f*cking grip. Poyet is the reason we are where we are today.

He is a big part of it yes. I don't think anyone's disputing that on this thread are they?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Can't see Leeds being a 'big club' again all the while Bates is in charge. If Gus wants to manage them he'll need a chairman like Bloom and fortunately they are hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Yes he is part of the reason, a big part. Then again so is Bloom and others, also us fans. We fill our ground every week, got a waiting list on season tickets, if we get another 2k we will have DOUBLE the amount of STH's than Leeds! So I find Poyet's comments disrespectful to BHAFC and especially Bloom. I think BHAFC is a special club, much more special than Leeds, just look at where our club has been and we fought back with fan power. If Poyet would rather be somewhere else, then go now. That's all I'm saying.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You would think they were, from the "If that's what he wants, he can f*** right off now" comments

His comments can be intepreted in two ways - are those who interpret them as being 'disrespectful' not therefore entitled to be pissed off and vent their spleen regardless of what Poyet has done for us on the field?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Yes he is part of the reason, a big part. Then again so is Bloom and others, also us fans. We fill our ground every week, got a waiting list on season tickets, if we get another 2k we will have DOUBLE the amount of STH's than Leeds! So I find Poyet's comments disrespectful to BHAFC and especially Bloom. I think BHAFC is a special club, much more special than Leeds, just look at where our club has been and we fought back with fan power. If Poyet would rather be somewhere else, then go now. That's all I'm saying.

Agreed, we all (well most of us on here) have the same passion and desire and I would prefer comments such as this not to be said like most people, but one thing I have noticed with such comments in the past the press pick up on a small snippet from a 20 minute interview and twist it to make a headline or a story.

Bloom is a HUGE factor, more so than Poyet, but if you could pick any of our previous managers over the past 15 years I know I wouldn't swap one for Poyet. Infact I wouldn't swap him for any in the Championship and a fair few in the Premiership.

The one thing I like about Poyet is he is very confident and knows he can and will acheive. Don't let these comments bother you too much and enjoy the rest of the season.... can you imagine the amount of speculation we will get if we make the playoffs? Come the summer feeding frenzy with clubs sniffing round Poyet it will be a nightmare.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'd rather he hadn't said it, or said it in a less gushing way. Poyet is an employee of Brighton & Hove Albion but clearly a fan of Leeds Utd. He probably doesn't understand why so many fans of other clubs hate the arrogant dirty bastards so much. As much as we may want him to love us as much as we love him/what he's done for the club, or as much as he loves Leeds or Chelsea, it's never going to happen. Just enjoy the good times for now and hope that he sees through his mission with us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
can you imagine the amount of speculation we will get if we make the playoffs? Come the summer feeding frenzy with clubs sniffing round Poyet it will be a nightmare.

And yet Swansea City and Norwich City were strangely immune from clubs sniffing around their managers as they strode through the Championship on their way to the Premiership. Just a BHA phenomenon peut-etre?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd rather he hadn't said it, or said it in a less gushing way. Poyet is an employee of Brighton & Hove Albion but clearly a fan of Leeds Utd. He probably doesn't understand why so many fans of other clubs hate the dirty bastards so much. As much as we may want him to love us as much as we love him/what he's done for the club, or as much as he loves Leeds or Chelsea, it's never going to happen. Just enjoy the good times for now and hope that he sees through his mission with us.

I'd be surprised that anyone with an established work and family base in the sunny South would want to move to Yorkshire at any point in their career. Chelsea I could obviously understand, but Leeds is slightly harder to get one's head around.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'd be surprised that anyone with an established work and family base in the sunny South would want to move to Yorkshire at any point in their career. Chelsea I could obviously understand, but Leeds is slightly harder to get one's head around.

I agree, although the surrounding area is beautiful.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Poyet's eldest son is at Leeds Uni.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I can understand why some are upset I was at first, We all love this club and a part of us wants our manager to come out and say no I love Brighton, I will be here until I die.

But in reality life isn't like that, Nothing has changed and as we keep progressing on and off the field he will be here. If IF IF in say 10 years time we are a Stoke for example (Safely mid table prem, flirt with europa) then he may leave if Spurs/Chelsea/Zagaroza come in or even a PL Leeds side.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Agreed, we all (well most of us on here) have the same passion and desire and I would prefer comments such as this not to be said like most people, but one thing I have noticed with such comments in the past the press pick up on a small snippet from a 20 minute interview and twist it to make a headline or a story.

Bloom is a HUGE factor, more so than Poyet, but if you could pick any of our previous managers over the past 15 years I know I wouldn't swap one for Poyet. Infact I wouldn't swap him for any in the Championship and a fair few in the Premiership.

The one thing I like about Poyet is he is very confident and knows he can and will acheive. Don't let these comments bother you too much and enjoy the rest of the season.... can you imagine the amount of speculation we will get if we make the playoffs? Come the summer feeding frenzy with clubs sniffing round Poyet it will be a nightmare.

Yes this.

The thing that peed me off more than anything was the comment about Leeds being special. As though he is not at a special club now. Thinking about it, it is more because it is Leeds. Spurs, Chelsea special, I can see that, but Leeds? Really?
How far below Leeds are we in terms of being special and a big club in Poyets eyes?
I just didn't like the comments, I feel a bit different about him now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here