Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Announced within the next 30 minutes to 1 hour that he has signed.

I'll be gutted if this were to be the case. Seriously fed up. If it isn't, I trust you'll accept the ban I'm giving you, with good grace.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
been at work all day and just seen this, can anyone summarize for me...is Gus in talks, is it likely to happen? I'm starting to panic! thanks

According to Sky Sports News Gus has been given permission to talk to Reading, although they have zero proof.

Odds markets went mental, have now calmed down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
been at work all day and just seen this, can anyone summarize for me...is Gus in talks
They have been given permission to talk. We don't know what that means. It could mean that Gus and Tony have an agreement that Tony will give clubs permission, or it could be that Gus wants to try out the premiership now. Tony could be frantically trying to find a replacement, or Tony could be laughing at the mere suggestion that Gus would want to go to Reading.

is it likely to happen?
We don't know.
I'm starting to panic!
That's probably wise.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If, and I still believe it's a very big if, Poyet goes to Reading I will lose every ounce of respect I have for the man.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Seems some people get their info from their own head....

Reading HAVE made a move for Gus and are willing to meet what we want for compensation - BUT Gus has no interest in going to Reading, much like what happened with Wolves last year.

He sees it as a backwards move - people MUST stop pissing themselves over this, odds shortening means nothing, just that a lot of people are betting - that's all.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just chucked a BLUEY on the Speccy Physio at 3/1, based on the assured words (to the contrary) of Aseros.

Bring it on.

Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Seems some people get their info from their own head....

Reading HAVE made a move for Gus and are willing to meet what we want for compensation - BUT Gus has no interest in going to Reading, much like what happened with Wolves last year.

He sees it as a backwards move - people MUST stop pissing themselves over this, odds shortening means nothing, just that a lot of people are betting - that's all.

This with big fat bells on!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus has accepted the job and there will be an announcement within 1 hour according to my source.
And you can still get even money at Betfair. I trust you are going to make a fortune from this?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gus has always said that anyone can talk to any of his players, he won't stand in their way, so I reckon this is club policy. All that's happened is that Reading have asked to talk to Gus and club policy is to say yes.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here