Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Adkins slowly getting shorter with Skybet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's not in our favour is it? 1/7 is the same as 2/14. So if its 2/9 that means its more likely that his going.

No 2/9 is -4.5/1

As opposed to

-7/1

Well that's how I read it, anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lay, lay, lay!

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

I'm a retard, your right. The fractions were right, however I cocked up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Come on Bozza, you got any EXCLUSIVE news for us?

Only that the small wagers placed by [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] and myself on Nigel Adkins brought his price in from 8/1 to 3/1 on Bet Victor.

That illustrates how illiquid these markets are.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
That's not in our favour is it? 1/7 is the same as 2/14. So if its 2/9 that means its more likely that his going.

Just because odds are showing in favour of a move, it means nothing as to whether he is. Odds are entirely based on speculation, the more Gus is favoured, the value of the bet decreases and makes it look as though's the likeliest.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I don't think it does.

1/7 means (if you want to think of it like this) 14% chance he wont,

2/9 is 22.2% he wont.

I think.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Firstly the 'Swansea model' doesn't REQUIRE changes. It had changes as they had successful managers. They didn't get promoted BECAUSE they changed manager. If Gus stayed we wouldn't then choose to get rid because "Swansea changed managers at this point".

Secondly, do you really see Reading as a better offer? They are to be relegated. They have barely spent a penny this season as they have budget restrictions. They will have budget restrictions next year. They will basically be back in the Championship with the team they had previously, which gained promotion via a phenomenal piece of management. They don't have star performers.

Their star performer was Jason Roberts.

I'm biased, of course I am. But I honestly feel we are much better equiped to go up next season with our squad (ulloa) than Reading are if they come down.
Fair comments but not quite right. You've certainly misrepresented my point about manager changes at Swansea - I think it remains reasonable to say that sustained succcess by a relatively smaller club is likely to involve at least one manager responsible moving on.

Even money at Betfair now. Well done to the odds-on layers.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'll re-post what I said on another thread:

Could this be the workings of the Palace ****er at SSN? The one who always seems to forget our highlights?

Wouldn't be surprised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here