Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seems some people get their info from their own head....

Reading HAVE made a move for Gus and are willing to meet what we want for compensation - BUT Gus has no interest in going to Reading, much like what happened with Wolves last year.

He sees it as a backwards move - people MUST stop pissing themselves over this, odds shortening means nothing, just that a lot of people are betting - that's all.

I hope you're right.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Seems some people get their info from their own head....

Reading HAVE made a move for Gus and are willing to meet what we want for compensation - BUT Gus has no interest in going to Reading, much like what happened with Wolves last year.

He sees it as a backwards move - people MUST stop pissing themselves over this, odds shortening means nothing, just that a lot of people are betting - that's all.

Is the correct answer

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

I will accept the ban. I am only going by what my source is, but I decided to share it here, so the ban I shall accept :)

Get on large then. Currently 2.54 to back Gus on Betfair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
hans is eeeevillllll

Not at all. If he's telling the truth, he's nothing to worry about.

If he's having a 'joke' at our expense, he'll get a long ban. Not the time for it.

Of course, if he does have a tenuous 'source' as many do, and is merely passing on what he's heard in good faith, rather than deliberately winding folk up, a ban might seem harsh. that's why it would be better to post "Can't verify this, but I've heard that Gus has accepted the job", rather the "Gus HAS accepted the job" and "will be announced in 30 to 60 minutes"

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
...sake. Got no work done this afternoon !
Just siiting here refreshing this thread (really need to get a life/work done) ???

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I would luuuv it if Gus really was, as suggested by another poster, lying on a beach in Barbados covered up to his eyeballs in Pina Coladas and Hawaiian Tropic with his new Nokia safely tucked away in the safe in his presidential suite.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Ashley Corderoy ‏@AshCords91 59s
So Gus Poyet looks like he's going to be our new boss - happy with that �� #readingfc

Adam Wyatt ‏@Adzo09wyatt 1m
Reading to appoint Gus Poyet decent manager! Hope it works out for him!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll re-post what I said on another thread:

Could this be the workings of the Palace ****er at SSN? The one who always seems to forget our highlights?

Wouldn't be surprised.

That thought had occurred to me, as there doesn't seem to be any official source for the rumours.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh the irony, Poyet has his best win as Albion manager, playing two wingers that people have been crying out for all season and he walks.....Well he always did say, he plays one way and one way only...Can believe he would walk with eight games to go, even I don't want that. Wonder what Ulloa and all the other Spanish boys will make of it all....Not to mention the Gus worshipers on here. Surely they wouldn't be able to forgive leaving us for Reading!!!!!...I mean Reading ffs, hardly the big job he always said he would leave for....I would laugh my balls off if he goes there and we pass them on the way up.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
So Gus Poyet looks like he's going to be our new boss - happy with that �� #readingfc

Not that I've heard of either of them, but I suspect players wouldn't know any more than we do

Edit: I read that as they were Reading players, re-reading it might be they're just fans

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

So Gus Poyet looks like he's going to be our new boss - happy with that 👌 #readingfc

Who are these people ?

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
I think Gus would make himself out to be a fool if he were to accept this job. He's made it clear that he would leave at some point for a top job. Reading is no way a top job, that is said in a respectful way and not a dig.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
More to the point what's all this going on holiday to Barbados when he's supposedly going all out to get our loan striker in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here