Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: I'll go home

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
And one final point, when we were signing Lua Lua there were numerous medicals called in due to insurance. So I guess at some point if we have paid £1m for someone who can never play we can claim on our policy? Or doesn't it work like that?

He is on loan, luckily.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Go on lads, keep moaning about Poyet and his pathetic comments. You're quite right and with luck he'll decide he's had enough and walk out. Just as long as Ellis Short is on the phone immediately making Gus an offer he can't refuse so we can take the best manager in your history off your hands. Gus Poyet isn't just a good manager, he's going to be a great manager; and ten matches without a win doesn't alter that.

spot on...people forget far too easy what has been done with this club...the moaning minnies are now picking on every single word he says..now we will see who the TRUE SUPPORTERS of this club are ..so many seem to know so much more than the boss...all this crap being typed is making me sick

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So this is the situation.

- Manager tells players how to play in order to have the best chance of beating Watford.
- Players don't listen and do what they think.
- Brighton lose as a result of not listening.
- Manager says he might as well go home if the players aren't going to listen

I can see exactly why Gus has reacted like this. The players need a kick up the arse.

1000% this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

- Manager tells players how to play in order to have the best chance of beating Watford.

I can see exactly why Gus has reacted like this. The players need a kick up the arse.

1 million % this

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Absolutely.

I agree with a lot of the rest - but why would he do that? It would be a complete admission of failure. We'd all agree he isn't going to get sacked if we lose on Sunday, even though that would be a body-blow.

But if he was to leave, presumably it would be saying 'the players aren't good enough to play my way'. But he signed a lot of them, and coached the others. Maybe he'd blame the fans. The ones who sing his name every game. As well as it being good for us, Gus isn't going to get a better platform than this to really make a name for himself.

And the fact that he isn't getting MORE criticism after such a terrible run is proof of the esteem he is held in by the fans.

If we play as poorly on Sunday as last night & if we are losing, say 2-0, I think that some of the crowd will turn on Gus/the team. I just don't think Gus is the sort of manager who needs the job (because of the money), or will take the hassle & I can see him flouncing off Monday am.

I hope this is not the case & even if we do lose (heaven forbid), that the manager sits down with the Chairman/back office staff to ascertain what is needed to get out of this rout.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If we play as poorly on Sunday as last night & if we are losing, say 2-0, I think that some of the crowd will turn on Gus/the team. I just don't think Gus is the sort of manager who needs the job (because of the money), or will take the hassle & I can see him flouncing off Monday am.

I hope this is not the case & even if we do lose (heaven forbid), that the manager sits down with the Chairman/back office staff to ascertain what is needed to get out of this rout.

yep theres potential for sure that this could happen

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
I blame Mossad.

i think you are in the wrong thread........let me explain to you something about forums....each thread has a title, and members post relevant opinions to the title.

pretty simple....hope you work it out soon.....if not, i am sure a mod will help you out.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
i think you are in the wrong thread........let me explain to you something about forums....each thread has a title, and members post relevant opinions to the title.

pretty simple....hope you work it out soon.....if not, i am sure a mod will help you out.

Relax :)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
If Poyet wasn't our manager, we almost certainly wouldn't have lost last night to a poor Watford side.

We would have lost to f***ing Stevenage infront of a half-full Amex whilst watching shit football.

Some people on here are really f***ing idiotic. Get a grip.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes the players need a kick up the arse but I think they need a positive outlook at the moment.

They look drastically short of confidence and I'm worried the I'm not a magician comments and I'll go home statements might make it worse.

Gus is learning, as are the players and he will turn it around as he is a great manager, I'm just a little fearful that last year we won and lost 'together' and at the moment it seems Gus is blaming solely the players for our shortcomings

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

At last a voice of true reason. There really are some egotistical idiots on this thread !

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Gus will not walk or get sacked. He is passionate about football, The Albion and his job. We are basing far too much on spur of the moment after match comments. The I will go home comments are his frustration after the players started lumping it during the last 20 minutes, he wants us to play and be patient even under the pressure we are under at the moment. The comments about budget were a little silly but again he was annoyed and frustrated so was lashing out. He is a bad loser like all the best managers are, Ferguson and Mourinho starting saying mental things after the loose because they hate it and it brings out the childishness in most people. I am sure Gus will sort it one way or another, everyone saying that we need to change styles is WRONG. We need to get back to the effective style we know we can play. Perhaps a bit more attacking I agree with that much. Roll on sunday.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Gus is learning. He doesn't have much Championship experience and there will be mistakes, dud signings, and tactics that backfire. Let's not kid ourselves that it will be an easy ride, this season or next, but we might as well strap ourselves in and enjoy it. It will take a while before Gus has a team of players capable of playing the way he wants, and getting results from it, but it will happen. Allow him the odd hissy fit, it's part of the deal.

Exactly this. I am not one that will blindly follow anyone, but I completely trust Gus to get it right. Every other team in this league told us how hard it was going to be this season. I think too many people put our relegation last time down to the fact we were at Withdean. We are now on a level playing field, with LEVEL not superior, being the operative word here. Gus will get it right I'm sure. But I do agree sometimes he does sound a bit like a kid taking his ball home.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agree. BUT.....

Add in to this

- players get injured in warm ups and first half
- other regular players out injured
- new loan players and new signings have about 5 minutes to adjust to their new positions and team mates including a keeper who's had 2 games and a striker who's had about 20 minutes
- it doesn't work out quite as planned
- we hoof it which, for Gus, is worse than losing
- Gus is pissed off

I KNOW Poyet will turn this around. It's probably the hardest league division in Europe and as of last night we missed Vicente, Hoskins, Dicker, Jara Reyes, Bridcutt and Buckley. Add half of them back in to the team and we'll be winning again. Meanwhile the players who are fit do, indeed need to man up or they'll be benchwarming by January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here