Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - has he lost the PLOT?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well US has certainly come back with a bang.

Interesting that your normal yard stick for success, i.e. games won, lost and drawn has disappeared out of the window and furthermore you are happy for the club to be relegated.

I'm all for prima donnas to be shown the door but such reasoning doesn't do much for TB's aspiration for us to be in the Championship in 18 months.

I have a funny feeling if we are relegated GP will aim higher than us and and I would take a bet with you that GP will not be the BHA manager in 5 years - regardless of which league we are in.

I am all for supporting the Manager and much of what GP has achieved has been positive. However the pressure is now building in various ways and although I sincerely hope he is able to dig us out of a hole, I am concerned at some of what he does and says. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and despite your protestations of what a great choice he was, I sincerely hope you are not earing humble pie if we are relegated as that is simply unacceptable for a team which more than has the capability of being a top 10 side.

Can you remind me where I said in my post that I would be happy if we got relegated ?. Also I believe 7 wins and 8 defeats with Poyet is considerably better than 3 wins and 9 defeats under Slade this season unless I am missing something.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We've now got a situation where our top-scorer is being frozen out, now another forward has been shipped out, we are 4th bottom of the league and scoring about once every three months at home. Now we can put all the blame squarely on the players and absolve Gus of any blame whatsoever, but if this was Mark McGhee in charge, we'd all be rolling our eyes like we were last time, and moaning about how he keeps falling out with everyone all the time.

spot on - mcghee took the same attitude with disruptive influences and was CASTRATED for it. i just hope gus doesnt go the same way as mcghee

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee should never have been sacked and thats when it started to go wrong.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What else would you do then!!!!????:US:
Leave him sat on his arse all season...or have him playing regularly???
No brainer....loan him....Correct decision.

Now everyone leave it and move on....:rant:

he is not going to be sat on his arse all season if he is here though is he? he is third choice striker, which means that should a forward be needed to come on and change a game or an injury happens (quite likely given murrays past record) he will be on the pitch

with dickinson gone, we are relying on an injury prone striker who hasnt scored at home all season and a player totally unproven at this level who has just stepped up from the conference. what if he isnt up to it? there is no other option now

if he was way down in the pecking order and not coming off the bench then get him out and playing games by all means. fact is that isnt the case - unless we sign somebody new he would have been involved in every first team squad and probably over half the games either off the bench or starting

now we look like next time we need a goal from the bench its going to be down to the prolific gary hart to come on and supply it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
he is not going to be sat on his arse all season if he is here though is he? he is third choice striker, which means that should a forward be needed to come on and change a game or an injury happens (quite likely given murrays past record) he will be on the pitch

with dickinson gone, we are relying on an injury prone striker who hasnt scored at home all season and a player totally unproven at this level who has just stepped up from the conference. what if he isnt up to it? there is no other option now

if he was way down in the pecking order and not coming off the bench then get him out and playing games by all means. fact is that isnt the case - unless we sign somebody new he would have been involved in every first team squad and probably over half the games either off the bench or starting

now we look like next time we need a goal from the bench its going to be down to the prolific gary hart to come on and supply it
A new striker will sign soon, so stop ranting...:thumbsup:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Please RELAX. It's obvious Gus wouldn't let him go if he didn't have targets lined up. I'm sure there's more to it than just giving him first team action - that bit doesn't make sense which kinda proves the point that there's more going on than Gus can let on in the media. After Norwich he talked about changes of personnel and formation, this is just another part of the revolution. Vive le change!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Reading this today I was surprised but on reflection I shouldnt be. Poyets post match chat made it clear to me that his patience was exhausted and he was now going to do it his way, which meant not accomodating those who couldnt do what was expected of them and instead of playing the tactic for the team he was going to play the tactic he thought would work. This might turn out to be 4-3-3 with two wingers. In which case, one striker only and the situation isnt so bad striker-wise.

Dickinson has been a dissapointment and not sure he is better than Hart.... and Hart cant score ( nor can Dickinson...) we might actually be beter blooding Barker than paying wages for a troublesome player who cant play much better.

Lets remember, weve been watching much the same rubbish for two years. Gus has to play the hand he is dealt with and Im impressed that he is not wingeing like Adams and Slade.... he is doing sdomething about it. Whether it works is another matter...

Waiting to see what happens next...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Reading this today I was surprised but on reflection I shouldnt be. Poyets post match chat made it clear to me that his patience was exhausted and he was now going to do it his way, which meant not accomodating those who couldnt do what was expected of them and instead of playing the tactic for the team he was going to play the tactic he thought would work. This might turn out to be 4-3-3 with two wingers. In which case, one striker only and the situation isnt so bad striker-wise.

Dickinson has been a dissapointment and not sure he is better than Hart.... and Hart cant score ( nor can Dickinson...) we might actually be beter blooding Barker than paying wages for a troublesome player who cant play much better.

Lets remember, weve been watching much the same rubbish for two years. Gus has to play the hand he is dealt with and Im impressed that he is not wingeing like Adams and Slade.... he is doing sdomething about it. Whether it works is another matter...

Waiting to see what happens next...

You don't blood a promising young striker in the midst of a (potential) relegation battle, the pressure on them to score will be ridiculous, stick him on when we are a few goals to the good (obviously therefore unlikely to happen this season) and see how he gets on, with no pressure on him to score and no ones going to get on his back if he misses a sitter

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Poyet is already for me better than Wilkins, don't fiorget his first season was poop, Adams and Slade and potentially P{oyet has all the attributes to be an Albion legend. The fact some people are questioning him already after 7 wins and 8 defeats is a disgrace in my book.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Poyet is already for me better than Wilkins, don't fiorget his first season was poop, Adams and Slade and potentially P{oyet has all the attributes to be an Albion legend. The fact some people are questioning him already after 7 wins and 8 defeats is a disgrace in my book.

You were questioning Slade's not too different record

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I fully support GP for this loan and also the others. I do believe he understands what is necessary and soon we'll see Cox go. These players are a strain on our resources and simply not good enough. GP's only failing as I see it is Carole, who I would like to personally pay for his Tunnel ticket home.

Also I believe a signing will happen soon and that clearing out a few deadwood facilitates this. Case of balancing the books or the player would not be allowed to come without a reasonable chance of playing. Dickinson sort of gets in the way of this. Plus he'd only start ructions. Finally GP hinted at Gannon being able to get the best from him. Perhaps he has a way of controlling his partying, something GP obviously disapproves of.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Slade did well first season but was poop this season.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
theres a slight difference between turning us into promotion candidates and us occupying a relegation place while our top scorer is no longer seen as a viable option and we are farming out players seemingly without replacing them

I'm not going to pretend i'm happy with being in the relegation zone but with the exception of Wilkins 7th place finish we have been gash for 4 years now. Gus has walked into this shower of shit and IMO we are making progress, albeit frustratingly slowly.

With regards to Forster, he threw his toys out of the pram and had a tantrum. I don't doubt that Wilkins, Adams and Slade would have pulled out all he stops to keep him happy but what sort of message does that send out to the squad? Personally i'm glad Poyet did'nt bend over and touch his toes for Forster, it shows he won't stand for any shit and won't be held to ransom by one of his 'star' players.

Gus has made plenty of wages available by shipping out Dickinson and i'd be very surprised if he isn't already lining up a replacement and perhaps whoever he gets in will be commotied to the cause, stay away from the pubs and who knows maybe even score a few goals?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Dickinson has been a dissapointment and not sure he is better than Hart.... and Hart cant score ( nor can Dickinson...) we might actually be beter blooding Barker than paying wages for a troublesome player who cant play much better

dickinson IS better than hart - he has scored 6 goals this season. hart hasn't hit the back of the net since 2006. no comparison there im afraid

with regards to barker - blood him in when we are safe in mid table with nothing to play for by all means, but when you are fighting a relegation battle is NOT the time to give a youngster a run in the team. not scoring in a struggling side that needs goals as it plummets to relegation is not a good way to introduce a youngster to first team football - it will shatter his confidence and from there it is very hard to come back. mcghee made the mistake (or rather was forced into making it) with gatting. lets not ruin another promising player in identical fashion

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could it be that Gus has sent the players out on loan to save wages because the man he wants to bring in will cost a lot in wages plus hotel etc, especially if he is froma higher division.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Could it be that Gus has sent the players out on loan to save wages because the man he wants to bring in will cost a lot in wages plus hotel etc, especially if he is froma higher division.

thats it you know as well then:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here