Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - has he lost the PLOT?

I personally think its great what Gus is doing. All our jumped up " stars " being kicked to the curb, all these over inflated ego's with under inflated talent being brought down to earth. Cox is ok but lords it around the Sussex nightspots as if he has the talent of Ronaldo, Dickenson , 4 goals all season, on the piss most of the evenings , Forster taking on Poyet and losing.

Poyet has and is continuing to stamp his authority on this team and get a team who follows his strict rules and if we have a few casualties and even if we go down I would rather have that than a load of prima donna players who think they are something special when clearly they are not and take the piss and have no respect for the manager.

Poyet if he is allowed to play the long game at this club by the fans will be one of the best managers we have ever had. We may have to take 2 steps back to take 10 steps forward but I can guarantee in 3-5 years will be in the top end of the Championship with Poyet.

Well US has certainly come back with a bang.

Interesting that your normal yard stick for success, i.e. games won, lost and drawn has disappeared out of the window and furthermore you are happy for the club to be relegated.

I'm all for prima donnas to be shown the door but such reasoning doesn't do much for TB's aspiration for us to be in the Championship in 18 months.

I have a funny feeling if we are relegated GP will aim higher than us and and I would take a bet with you that GP will not be the BHA manager in 5 years - regardless of which league we are in.

I am all for supporting the Manager and much of what GP has achieved has been positive. However the pressure is now building in various ways and although I sincerely hope he is able to dig us out of a hole, I am concerned at some of what he does and says. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and despite your protestations of what a great choice he was, I sincerely hope you are not earing humble pie if we are relegated as that is simply unacceptable for a team which more than has the capability of being a top 10 side.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Well US has certainly come back with a bang.

Interesting that your normal yard stick for success, i.e. games won, lost and drawn has disappeared out of the window and furthermore you are happy for the club to be relegated.

I'm all for prima donnas to be shown the door but such reasoning doesn't do much for TB's aspiration for us to be in the Championship in 18 months.

I have a funny feeling if we are relegated GP will aim higher than us and and I would take a bet with you that GP will not be the BHA manager in 5 years - regardless of which league we are in.

I am all for supporting the Manager and much of what GP has achieved has been positive. However the pressure is now building in various ways and although I sincerely hope he is able to dig us out of a hole, I am concerned at some of what he does and says. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and despite your protestations of what a great choice he was, I sincerely hope you are not earing humble pie if we are relegated as that is simply unacceptable for a team which more than has the capability of being a top 10 side.

I assume Gus is starting the mass clear out and is maybe stripping back to the bones.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
5 years? Average shelf life is 2 and a half!! Exceptions are Wenger, Fergie and whoever is manager of BHA!

Just been down at Withdean and spoke to a person who works at the club, you will all know who he is but I wont say his name. I cheekily asked why we had let so many go and he said there is a possibility of Gus bringing in 2 or 3 more loans before the end of the window. Oh and from what I understand Forster will be in the squad on saturday.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just been down at Withdean and spoke to a person who works at the club, you will all know who he is but I wont say his name. I cheekily asked why we had let so many go and he said there is a possibility of Gus bringing in 2 or 3 more loans before the end of the window. Oh and from what I understand Forster will be in the squad on saturday.

Gus said earlier that the situation hadn't changed....:wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is all well and good until we actually start running out of bodies to put on the pitch.

Its a fine theory just to rule with a rod of iron and kick players out if they have apparently stepped out of line in some way (and in Dickinsons case, we have no real idea whats gone on there). But the biggest part of being a manager is man-managing your players. Obviously that doesn't mean being weak with them, or giving in to their demands. Its all about knowing what makes them tick and working with them to get the best out of them. MANAGING them. We've now got a situation where our top-scorer is being frozen out, now another forward has been shipped out, we are 4th bottom of the league and scoring about once every three months at home. Now we can put all the blame squarely on the players and absolve Gus of any blame whatsoever, but if this was Mark McGhee in charge, we'd all be rolling our eyes like we were last time, and moaning about how he keeps falling out with everyone all the time.

There is a fine line between being strong, and cutting off our nose to spite our face. This current situation is leaving us DREADFULLY under-equipped for this relegation scrap. Whilst the intentions may be honourable and thoroughly admirable on Gus's part, and whilst it may be very satisfying for us personally to see "prima-donnas" (IF thats how they're behaving) being firmly put in their places, it ultimately all boils down to results and having the best chance of picking the points we need to stay up. We ain't going to do that with Forster and now Dickinson being kicked into touch.

Its a shame because he seems to have largely sorted out the defensive calamities, we're now a lot more solid. But this apparentl "rod of iron" policy on Forster and Dickinson could be our undoing at the other end now. Whilst it may be commednable, I'll try to remember just how pleased I was that Gus put Dickinson and Forster in their places when I'm on my way up to Accrington and Morecombe.

Course if Gus has a couple of tricks up his sleeve as far as some new faces are concerned as replacements, then please disregard the above.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
This is all well and good until we actually start running out of bodies to put on the pitch.

Its a fine theory just to rule with a rod of iron and kick players out if they have apparently stepped out of line in some way (and in Dickinsons case, we have no real idea whats gone on there). But the biggest part of being a manager is man-managing your players. Obviously that doesn't mean being weak with them, or giving in to their demands. Its all about knowing what makes them tick and working with them to get the best out of them. MANAGING them. We've now got a situation where our top-scorer is being frozen out, now another forward has been shipped out, we are 4th bottom of the league and scoring about once every three months at home. Now we can put all the blame squarely on the players and absolve Gus of any blame whatsoever, but if this was Mark McGhee in charge, we'd all be rolling our eyes like we were last time, and moaning about how he keeps falling out with everyone all the time.

There is a fine line between being strong, and cutting off our nose to spite our face. This current situation is leaving us DREADFULLY under-equipped for this relegation scrap. Whilst the intentions may be honourable and thoroughly admirable on Gus's part, and whilst it may be very satisfying for us personally to see "prima-donnas" (IF thats how they're behaving) being firmly put in their places, it ultimately all boils down to results and having the best chance of picking the points we need to stay up. We ain't going to do that with Forster and now Dickinson being kicked into touch.

Its a shame because he seems to have largely sorted out the defensive calamities, we're now a lot more solid. But this apparentl "rod of iron" policy on Forster and Dickinson could be our undoing at the other end now. Whilst it may be commednable, I'll try to remember just how pleased I was that Gus put Dickinson and Forster in their places when I'm on my way up to Accrington and Morecombe.

Course if Gus has a couple of tricks up his sleeve as far as some new faces are concerned as replacements, then please disregard the above.

:shrug:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Come on guys. There is no way he would of let LD go if hadnt already had a plan in place.

Keep the faith and i am sure we are in for a few more surprises.

Gus is a looney, no doubt about it, but i still trust him to do the business for us.
:p

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As far as Saturday goes unless he gets any loans in in time to play I reckon he'll replace Elphick with El Abd at centre back (although he didn't name Elphick I think he was seething with him over Norwich's 2nd), play 5 in midfield with Lua Lua and Bennet as the wingers, Croft and Navaro central and Dicker just behind Murray. Holroyd will be on the bench to bring on if we're chasing the game. Just my hunch but YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
f*** me, all these moaning little girls getting their knickers in a twist because poyet hasnt tuned our shower of shit into promotion candadates in his first few months and it takes uncle spielburg of all people to step in to tell it like it is. who would have thought it aye?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
f*** me, all these moaning little girls getting their knickers in a twist because poyet hasnt tuned our shower of shit into promotion candadates in his first few months and it takes uncle spielburg of all people to step in to tell it like it is. who would have thought it aye?

theres a slight difference between turning us into promotion candidates and us occupying a relegation place while our top scorer is no longer seen as a viable option and we are farming out players seemingly without replacing them

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
theres a slight difference between turning us into promotion candidates and us occupying a relegation place while our top scorer is no longer seen as a viable option and we are farming out players seemingly without replacing them

f***ing hell, give it time, just because we didn't announce it at the same time as we announced the departure of Dickinson doesn't mean we don't have anyone on the way in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here