Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - has he lost the PLOT?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I personally think its great what Gus is doing. All our jumped up " stars " being kicked to the curb, all these over inflated ego's with under inflated talent being brought down to earth. Cox is ok but lords it around the Sussex nightspots as if he has the talent of Ronaldo, Dickenson , 4 goals all season, on the piss most of the evenings , Forster taking on Poyet and losing.

Poyet has and is continuing to stamp his authority on this team and get a team who follows his strict rules and if we have a few casualties and even if we go down I would rather have that than a load of prima donna players who think they are something special when clearly they are not and take the piss and have no respect for the manager.

Poyet if he is allowed to play the long game at this club by the fans will be one of the best managers we have ever had. We may have to take 2 steps back to take 10 steps forward but I can guarantee in 3-5 years will be in the top end of the Championship with Poyet.

:bowdown: Exactly that, spot on.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
US- The voice of reason. Nice to have you back :thumbsup:

I just hope he has someone lined up... I gather he has. He's not stupid right? Hopefully the Forster situation will be resolved, and everything will be just dandy come March.
Here's hoping.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Harsh. I think our defensive is looking alright at the moment. Conceding two to Norwich in the last 10 isnt too bad considering they have the most goals in the football league, orient was just a freak, millwall a shocking error but virgo hasnt made too many this year, hudds = clean sheet.

Norwich was the first time we have conceded two in a league game since wycombe. That spells significant improvement.

Yeh these are all good points. Letting 2 goals in in the last 10 minutes is quite good actually, all credit to the defence. After all we managed a clean sheet against Huddersfield, that is the sign of a team capable of staying up...

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I personally think its great what Gus is doing. All our jumped up " stars " being kicked to the curb, all these over inflated ego's with under inflated talent being brought down to earth. Cox is ok but lords it around the Sussex nightspots as if he has the talent of Ronaldo, Dickenson , 4 goals all season, on the piss most of the evenings , Forster taking on Poyet and losing.

Poyet has and is continuing to stamp his authority on this team and get a team who follows his strict rules and if we have a few casualties and even if we go down I would rather have that than a load of prima donna players who think they are something special when clearly they are not and take the piss and have no respect for the manager.

Poyet if he is allowed to play the long game at this club by the fans will be one of the best managers we have ever had. We may have to take 2 steps back to take 10 steps forward but I can guarantee in 3-5 years will be in the top end of the Championship with Poyet.

ABSOLUTE GENIUS. I have missed you! :clap2:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yeh these are all good points. Letting 2 goals in in the last 10 minutes is quite good actually, all credit to the defence. After all we managed a clean sheet against Huddersfield, that is the sign of a team capable of staying up...

The fact we had only conceded 4 in 5/6 (I think) before Norwich shows we are a much better side.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We are not, as yet, adrift in the relegation zone. The number of goals being conceded has been cut. At last, in Lua Lua and Bennett, we have players that Gus is happy to employ in a 4-4-2 formation. I truly believe that these are all positive steps forward. In addition, we actually play half decent football now. With the addition of a striker on loan, if Dickinson is off and Fozzy still exiled, I see us as being capable of still finishing well clear of the bottom 4. Our run in at the end of the season is not as bad as it could be. We seem to be getting the toughest games out of the way over this current period. If we can emerge from this hellish run of games and only be 3 points off safety, I will be confident of our ability to escape the drop.

Keep the faith in Gus, he is slowly turning us into a football team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm all for Gus cracking the whip and making sure everyone knows exactly who is in charge, but there's a fine line between achieving that and getting to a situation where we're cutting off noses to spite faces.

We are once again in a desperate scrap just to stay in this poxy league. Trimming the squad is all well and good if replacements are being brought in, but as it stands, our forward options right now are DRASTICALLY sparse. What the hell happens now if Murray gets crocked ?

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Thank goodness,a bit of common sense at last.Well done uncle. :thumbsup:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I think you're spot on with that assessment US. Just look at how Poyet has bigged-up the likes of El Abd and Navaro - two players who a lot of twonks on here who don't understand football think are useless but in fact are decent, hardworking, professional and committed footballers at this level. The problem at this club since Coppell and Taylor left is that we haven't had a strong manager who can lay the law down and coach well. Too many big fish in a little pond players have been taking the piss for too long. In Gus We Trust.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'm all for Gus cracking the whip and making sure everyone knows exactly who is in charge, but there's a fine line between achieving that and getting to a situation where we're cutting off noses to spite faces.

We are once again in a desperate scrap just to stay in this poxy league. Trimming the squad is all well and good if replacements are being brought in, but as it stands, our forward options right now are DRASTICALLY sparse. What the hell happens now if Murray gets crocked ?

Yes we will really miss all his Home goals.wont we?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes we will really miss all his Home goals.wont we?

I'm not saying Dickinson is some kind of free-scoring goal machine who we simply cannot do without because obviously that is not the case (although I don't think he's quite as bad a player as some one here have him down as).

If we've got another forward lined up to come in as a replacement then thats fine. But releasing him for the rest of the season with NO replacement does leave us somewhat short on options up-front doncha think ? (and thats even IF everyone stays fit).

I'd just rather we had Dickinson than nothing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cox is ok ..... I can guarantee in 3-5 years will be in the top end of the Championship with Poyet.

Finally you talk sense, but spoil it with these two selected quotes.

1.Cox is mostly useless, even at this level.

2.Your guarantees never come to fruition :facepalm:

Let's hope on point 2, you beat the odds and actually get it right!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I personally think its great what Gus is doing. .

Spot on to a point i'd say US. We should be getting rid of all these over-paid flops. However, Dickinson did still have something to offer the side and getting rid whilst we have only 2 other Stirkers at the club (let's accept that Forster is gone and Hart is certainly past it as a goal scorer) is brave at best and completely ridiculous at worst. As long as we get someone else in then it's a great move, if not i've got to question what is going on in Poyet's head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here