Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter watch

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So Everton were not sold on Nuno as he was not a big name and could not come in and immediately build but they would then turn to GP!!

Nah not happening

Apparently Nuno wanted to bring his whole team and Everton weren’t having it. Only Palace seem prepared to offer him that opportunity.

Benitez is a possibility for them as he lives on the Wirral. Problem is that he’s ex Liverpool but other than that, a good fit.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Apart from this..

There were also problems at the back, particularly within the keeper department,with Matt Ryan starting the campaign in torrid form and ultimately being dropped and then sold in January.

Robert Sanchez came in his place and did a decent job for the remainder of the season, but his impact wasn’t big enough to claw back some of the deficit accumulated in the early part of the campaign.

Problems at the back? Personally I thought we were pretty solid defensively for most of last season. Our goals conceded is in line with the top third of the table.

Particularly within the goalkeeper department? What Rob Sanchez who has just had a blinding debut season, and been called up to the Spain squad?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I certainly dont want to see him go. For me it feels like we're in the early stages of a positive journey with GP, and a lot of good ground work has been done so that we move towards those mid table spots next season. Losing Potter means making another managerial appoint, which no matter who comes in is a toss of coin whether it works out or not and we start from square one in the squad learning that new managers ideas.

If Ashworth is doing his job the way he ought to be, he will have a list of potential replacements ready just in case, all of whom will conform to the current Albion model.

And I happen to believe that the next Albion head coach is already at the club.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Was 11/10 when I first spotted this thread. Now 2/1. Suspect that will move to 4/1 tomorrow and so on and so forth. Everton fans piling in.

He’s a better fit here than at a club that wants to spend £40m on players being offloaded by the top six. The overhaul there is with the chairman too whereas here he is driving the project because he’s 5-10 years ahead of everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I can not name one manager that I would prefer to have than GP in the world, that we could attract/afford.

Can anyone?

Would this be the biggest blow we have had to endure in our history?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Ashworth is doing his job the way he ought to be, he will have a list of potential replacements ready just in case, all of whom will conform to the current Albion model.

Have every faith he is.

We had a plan previously as well, it was just Hyypia that sent it awry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can not name one manager that I would prefer to have than GP in the world, that we could attract/afford.

Can anyone?

Would this be the biggest blow we have had to endure in our history?

Only on a managerial front (and plenty would disagree), but come on we have had far worse blows though, don’t be a drama queen :smile:

It would piss me off big time to lose GP and I’d wager that any “progress” demanded by some fans would take a hit

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I agree with the first part but not the second. Who would that be? If GP leaves, he'll take most of his coaching staff with him and who does that leave? Ashworth? I can't see him wanting it. Bruno? Maybe but he's inexperienced. Crofts? Even more inexperienced. Morling and Beard? Experience with kids doesn't necessarily translate to experience with adults. Winstanley? No chance.

That only leaves Powell and I really can't see her taking a step into the men's game.

No, if Potter leaves (and I don't think he will, not this summer anyway), we'll recruit from outside. I've no idea who but I'm sure that Barber and Bloom have ideas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here