Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter was a terrible coach at Swansea too

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Me too but because we were utter toilet at Gillingham (that first season there was even worse we were just very lucky to have Doncaster) that means we can’t have an opinion on what is now a £100m+ per annum Premier League club and express dissatisfaction at the managers currently very poor performance?

Its because some people don't feel the same way, so the way they convince themselves they are right by belittling the other person.

I don't want Brighton to be out of the Premier League, if we finish in the bottom three then we don't deserve to be in the Premier League. I will still be supporting them. I just don't want us to be relegated. That doesn't make me entitled.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
you take umbrage with me, but not the op, ok

are you trying to dictate what i type on this board?

i really do wonder how you whiny little tarts get out of bed each morning, constantly blubbing about the same monotonous non-issue and when challenged you get super defensive and start sobbing again, try some talc in your knickers

Brilliantly said [emoji1787]

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why is 5 wins since last January ( in the league) not poor performance?

Agree - the stats, and therefore facts, are pretty plain to see. We are in a points based industry. The fact is we haven't got many points for a long time now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This thread title is a disgrace.

I mean, as an Albion fan do you really want one of our players, or even the gaffer himself seeing this title...? Do you think it’ll help?

Whether you think GP is the man for us or not, he’s hardly a “terrible coach”. I mean that’s just a real dumbass thing to say for a guy who clearly has admirers in the game.

As someone posted above, some folk on NSC are an embarrassment at the moment. But perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised, when someone posted a disgusting thread title like “hopefully the end of Connolly” for one our bright young talents, a good lad starting his career.

Please mods. Rename this thread title. It really makes us look pathetic as a fan base.

Great post.

To me, this kind of pathetic and spiteful loss of any reasonableness and perspective is like stabbing our good Chairman in the back after all he has done.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm all for a reasonable debate, it's just some on here take it a bit to far, that's when it doesn't get reasonable, it turns into name calling and arguments.

It's Tony Blooms club, it's up to him what he does. Maybe we should be saying that he must sell up as he won't sack his under performing manager.
Just think how many points as would be better off had we sacked Potter and replaced him with Big Sam, like many on here wanted.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I genuinely think some here want the Watford model. Though they may not realise it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Chris Hughton under whom we had two absolutely wonderful seasons in the Championship playing free flowing high scoring football? Hughton who then took that Championship team plus a couple of cheap unknown imports and kept us up easily whilst beating a strong Man Utd and Arsenal along the way? Yes it went wrong in the end but you need to have a word with yourself. Potter has achieved absolutely nothing in comparison to Hughton.

i'm told it's a results led business, and potter is a slight improvement; so far.

sacking potter this season would make relegation more likely, my opinion.

given the decision is down to only one man, all these hysterics seem a little pointless; and tedious, imo

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I genuinely think some here want the Watford model. Though they may not realise it.

Leicester sacked the manager who won them the Premier League within a year. Spurs sacked Pochetino after he’d just given them their best years in decades.

Football is based on results. We’ve been utterly toilet for over a year now.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
given the decision is down to only one man, all these hysterics seem a little pointless; and tedious, imo

You do understand the reason for a football forum right? Or maybe I’m wrong and it’s Tony’s club and we therefore shouldn’t say anything about the team because we don’t pay for it? Unless it’s happy clappy? Is that right?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Agree - the stats, and therefore facts, are pretty plain to see. We are in a points based industry. The fact is we haven't got many points for a long time now.

The Leeds game is the half way point. We have to win the next two games just to reach that respectable 20 points in the first half of the season. What are the chance we are going to beat both Man City and Leeds in the space of 4 days? It took us 9 games to win 2 games this season and we ain't won one since.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You do understand the reason for a football forum right? Or maybe I’m wrong and it’s Tony’s club and we therefore shouldn’t say anything about the team because we don’t pay for it? Unless it’s happy clappy? Is that right?

the repetition is a bit dull, imo;

and i'm not saying be happy about getting beat; but, the constant whining doesn't chime with a "team ethic", for me

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

As I have have already stated I'm all for the debate, it's just that sometimes people take it a bit to far. We all have different opinions, but some take it a bit to far with personal insults.

Sacking Potter is easy, who do we replace him with is harder, who is this messiah who is guaranteed to get us winning? at the moment it's working well with West Brom. It the same with our new golden boot winner, who is that going to be?
I will say that I'm a happy clappy, and not a bed wetter.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What context? The only team who won less than us was Sheffield Utd. We were the last professional team in the England to win a game in 2020.

it's not good, bottom three is the time to panic for me, and sacking potter, now, would make things worse.

saints stuck with their manager after the 0-9, and now look at them; you can't have everything, now, all the time, forever

by the by, how's big fat sam getting on?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
it's not good, bottom three is the time to panic for me, and sacking potter, now, would make things worse.

saints stuck with their manager after the 0-9, and now look at them; you can't have everything, now, all the time, forever

by the by, how's big fat sam getting on?

The trouble is we don't know what the answer is. Sacking Potter now might make things worse but if we got his replacement right, then perhaps it would make things better, who knows. The question is when do you look at the situation and say Potter can't get us out of this situation. It isn't a knee jerk reaction its been going on for 12 months and at some point you have to hold your hands up and say enough is enough.

a 9-0 defeat is different from a long run of being out of form. Ralph Hussenhuttl signed in December 2018 after they decided Mark Hughes wasn't the answer. He was manager for 27 games and had 5 wins. Graham Potter has 5 wins over a much longer period so even worse form. So if you want to bring up how Sam is doing I will raise you how Hussenhuttl is doing.

If we replaced Potter we don't know if it will be a sam appointment or Hussenhuttl appointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here