Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter was a terrible coach at Swansea too

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Anybody who moaned about Sami Hyppia and Mark McGhee were acting self entitled, as we are Historically a League 1 team. I also stood at the Goldstone ground supporting Brighton when we were 12 points adrift in league 2. So moaning about anything above that is being entitled.

Well I was there. I saw us play under Liam Brady, and met the man some years later too.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Well I was there. I saw us play under Liam Brady, and met the man some years later too.

So bearing what it was like back then, do you think that anyone who moans about a Brighton manager who is managing us above league 1 is acting entitled?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Yeah exactly right?

“Hopefully the end of Connolly”

Great discussion bud.

I was referring to the thread title... I personally don't agree re: Connolly, but the poster has every right to add their personal thoughts, regardless how much you or I disagree. It's called democracy and freedom of speech.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
So bearing what it was like back then, do you think that anyone who moans about a Brighton manager who is managing us above league 1 is acting entitled?

What has that got to do with anything I said in this topic old boy? I’m careful with my words read up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was at the goldstone a lot as a kid, i do vaguely remember murmurings, especially on Hypia. But it seems to be a different level now, maybe it’s the PL. I was Hughton out, but reluctantly so as he was a good man doing his best for the club. Clearly Potter is also of that ilk, so i don’t think he deserves this. Especially given his personal tragedies last year. And the topic title on Connolly was disgusting.

I just don’t like the hateful tone from some here. I think it makes us look very petty and pathetic as a fan base and as humans to be honest.
Interesting your pro Potter and can’t wait to mention it on every thread possible yet wanted our best ever manager in last 40 years to be sacked after half a bad season. If you carefully study the time lines of that particular season we were doing ok until Jose picked up his injury during the Palace demolition. We could no longer counter attack with pace and lost our way a little. Also heard CH didn’t want some of the signings either that’s for another day though.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Isn't that the whole point of a football discussion forum? To have different views on the team and manager and create discussion? Who are you or anyone else to dictate what is said and not said as long it's legal and creates a reasonable debate?

Really do wonder how some of you get by day to day.

You’ve nailed the snowflake demographic in a nutshell.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I was at the goldstone a lot as a kid, i do vaguely remember murmurings, especially on Hypia. But it seems to be a different level now, maybe it’s the PL. I was Hughton out, but reluctantly so as he was a good man doing his best for the club. Clearly Potter is also of that ilk, so i don’t think he deserves this. Especially given his personal tragedies last year. And the topic title on Connolly was disgusting.

I just don’t like the hateful tone from some here. I think it makes us look very petty and pathetic as a fan base and as humans to be honest.

Trust me Hyppia and McGhee got it much worse.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Anybody who moaned about Sami Hyppia and Mark McGhee were acting self entitled, as we are Historically a League 1 team. I also stood at the Goldstone ground supporting Brighton when we were 12 points adrift in league 2. So moaning about anything above that is being entitled.

Me too but because we were utter toilet at Gillingham (that first season there was even worse we were just very lucky to have Doncaster) that means we can’t have an opinion on what is now a £100m+ per annum Premier League club and express dissatisfaction at the managers currently very poor performance?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Isn't that the whole point of a football discussion forum? To have different views on the team and manager and create discussion? Who are you or anyone else to dictate what is said and not said as long it's legal and creates a reasonable debate?

Sometimes the hateful idiocy feeds the urge to redress the balance.

And I remind you again that I merely wanted the title changed.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you take umbrage with me, but not the op, ok

are you trying to dictate what i type on this board?

i really do wonder how you whiny little tarts get out of bed each morning, constantly blubbing about the same monotonous non-issue and when challenged you get super defensive and start sobbing again, try some talc in your knickers

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I'm all for a reasonable debate, it's just some on here take it a bit to far, that's when it doesn't get reasonable, it turns into name calling and arguments.

It's Tony Blooms club, it's up to him what he does. Maybe we should be saying that he must sell up as he won't sack his under performing manager.
Just think how many points as would be better off had we sacked Potter and replaced him with Big Sam, like many on here wanted.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Me too but because we were utter toilet at Gillingham (that first season there was even worse we were just very lucky to have Doncaster) that means we can’t have an opinion on what is now a £100m+ per annum Premier League club and express dissatisfaction at the managers currently very poor performance?

it's not very poor, compare it to hoofball hughton. you would be more persuasive if you backed up your opinions with facts, not bullshit

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sometimes the hateful idiocy feeds the urge to redress the balance.

And I remind you again that I merely wanted the title changed.

I’ve not really paid much attention to you before. But you are a right old cock aren't you.

Also sounds like you got taken to the football as a kid but then ****ed off for the withdean years and returned at Falmer if you cant remember the abuse that Mcghee got given.

People are entitled to an opinion regardless if its different to yours ‘old boy’. If you dont like it, dont read it or better still **** off.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
it's not very poor, compare it to hoofball hughton. you would be more persuasive if backed up your opinions with facts, not bullshit

Chris Hughton under whom we had two absolutely wonderful seasons in the Championship playing free flowing high scoring football? Hughton who then took that Championship team plus a couple of cheap unknown imports and kept us up easily whilst beating a strong Man Utd and Arsenal along the way? Yes it went wrong in the end but you need to have a word with yourself. Potter has achieved absolutely nothing in comparison to Hughton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here