Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Leicester?

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
How long until Potter becomes Alan Curbishley? I half expected the miserable clown to show up on BBC/ITV for the Euros coverage this summer to stay relevant in football conversations.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Potter has apparently asked for some time to think about it. Leicester understandably getting twitchy so have moved towards plan B. This might be a ruse to get potter off the pot
Prospective employers must be coming to the conclusion that Potter hasn't got any real appetite for the game any more, and they're probably right. His psyche must have taken a real battering during that Chelsea debacle. I'm not the bloke's biggest fan, as some of you may have gathered, but it's still a bit sad to see

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How long until Potter becomes Alan Curbishley? I half expected the miserable clown to show up on BBC/ITV for the Euros coverage this summer to stay relevant in football conversations.
I was thinking about starting a thread asking exactly that. I'd say he is OK for the moment, but if he hasn't found a job that is right for him by next Summer, he will be in real danger of the Curbishley Effect.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Difficult to see what Potter's game plan is in all this.
He's interviewed for a couple of jobs now and seemingly become very close to dotting I's and crossing T's yet stalled at the very last minute.
If he was holding out for England job as suggested elsewhere surely he wouldn't have even bothered interviewing with Ajax, Leicester etc..?
Hmm, maybe trying to force the FA's hand by pretending he's gonna sign for a club, so if they want him they better come and get him QUICK! Or maybe all that's just in his head. Or maybe he's just an insufferable ditherer.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
He doesn't want to give up his £1 mil a month from Chelsea....which I don't blame him but I do think he now thinks he is a lot better than he is. Don't see him as any better than Leicesters level!!

Gormless (rich) Brummie!

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
He's on the best gardening leave deal of all time so he's under no pressure. From recollection, he's turned down Leicester twice, Feyenoord and Ajax plus Lyon. Indications suggest he was sounded out about an Amex return and didn't fancy it.

I still believe he's hanging on for the England gig and wouldn't be surprised if he's already had a nod n wink from the FA blazers. One way or the other, one would think Southgate is surely gone after the Euros.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Potter’s probably just completed his due diligence on Leicester City FC.
The summary being that they are likely to have a points deduction, need to sell some of their best players, and have a limited budget to buy new players.
And joining Leicester probably affects his compensation payments from Chelsea.
In addition, someone at the Football Association has probably tipped him off to not be to hasty and to keep himself available for employment when Southgate’s contract ends.

All of the above actually makes me wonder why he was even considering joining Leicester.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmm, maybe trying to force the FA's hand by pretending he's gonna sign for a club, so if they want him they better come and get him QUICK! Or maybe all that's just in his head. Or maybe he's just an insufferable ditherer.
Or maybe we have no idea?

Just a thought.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Leicester would be far better off with Cooper than Potter imo with the issues they face. Potter needs time to get things working his way and I dont think Leicester will have the patience for game after game of high XG and no goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here