Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Leicester?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think he will do what he did here, play nice football without getting consistent results, they might persist with him or lose patience, but if they persist, he will do well eventually.
I think he lacks the passionate intensity that many other top coaches have, and with the fine margins that he likes to mention, that can make the difference.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maybe he had been given the nod for the England job but couldn’t say no when Leicester came knocking despite steering away from the higher-placed club in the city where he lives. 🤨

Cooper anyway, apparently.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great appointment for Leicester, they’ve given themselves a chance now.

Worked out alright for them in the end, recieved compensation for their outgoing manager and replaced him with a better manager that they’ve wanted for years.
Can't stand Leicester and gutted Potter looks like going there. Hope it is an utterly miserable failure all round.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Apparently Cooper now the favourite = fans up in arms about the prospect of paying £72 (!!!) per home game to watch a side managed by Cooper!!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Is this England job thing all in the imagination of a few deluded Brighton fans?
Who else is there who’s English and wants to job? Howe won’t leave Newcastle so who else? Potter would have been a very viable candidate. The FA won’t hire a foreign coach again after what Southgate’s done.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe he had been given the nod for the England job but couldn’t say no when Leicester came knocking despite steering away from the higher-placed club in the city where he lives. 🤨

Cooper anyway, apparently.
Cooper is based in the Midlands and it has been already stated (maybe when he was a candidate for the Albion job?) that he wanted to remain based there. Plus it was also stated that he was holding out for an EPL job. Looks like a pretty good fit all round

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well well well. Sam Wallace seems very clear that Cooper is the man.

Maybe Potter didn't fancy the points deduction, whereas Cooper will see it as the perfect excuse to roll out if things don't go well. Just like he did with Forest's transfer supermarket sweep.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I’m seriously not bothered where Potter ends up but if you want a motivator to keep you up first season I suspect he’s not your man while Cooper may very well be a good fit. Short-termism is essential for a newly promoted side hoping to win establish themselves in the EPL.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So… what next for GP ? I fancy a Wrexham style project for ‘our’ Graham… similar to his journey in Sweden…

England ? history lessons won’t be required but a thick skin will be… what could possibly go wrong ? 😂

GeorgeKane5

Jun 7, 2017
Difficult to see what Potter's game plan is in all this.
He's interviewed for a couple of jobs now and seemingly become very close to dotting I's and crossing T's yet stalled at the very last minute.
If he was holding out for England job as suggested elsewhere surely he wouldn't have even bothered interviewing with Ajax, Leicester etc..?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Difficult to see what Potter's game plan is in all this.
He's interviewed for a couple of jobs now and seemingly become very close to dotting I's and crossing T's yet stalled at the very last minute.
If he was holding out for England job as suggested elsewhere surely he wouldn't have even bothered interviewing with Ajax, Leicester etc..?
Meeting his job seekers allowance commitments by going for interviews.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Cooper is based in the Midlands and it has been already stated (maybe when he was a candidate for the Albion job?) that he wanted to remain based there. Plus it was also stated that he was holding out for an EPL job. Looks like a pretty good fit all round
Yep. He’s a good manager . Underrated. Solid appointment.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Potter has apparently asked for some time to think about it. Leicester understandably getting twitchy so have moved towards plan B. This might be a ruse to get potter off the pot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here