Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Leicester?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It's only Kyle Macaulay and Ben Roberts left at Chelsea, surely they wouldn't have moved to Leicester now that they no longer work with Potter?

Bruno and Billy Reid are probably still getting paid by Chelsea so would probably have needed to buy them out as well.

That said, I'm not sure Leicester was ever really going to happen. Its just Jacob Steinberg, who said Potter was going to Leicester, having a horrible summer getting everything wrong.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Shirley he had a Plan B for alternatives :shrug: .
Björn Hamberg signing with Feyenoord is a very strong indication Potter is going for the England job, where he won't need as big of a coaching staff as in a club.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Bruno and Billy Reid are probably still getting paid by Chelsea so would probably have needed to buy them out as well.

That said, I'm not sure Leicester was ever really going to happen. Its just Jacob Steinberg, who said Potter was going to Leicester, having a horrible summer getting everything wrong.
And Potter is still getting paid by Chelsea too. The athletic article suggests potter wanted his whole back room team with him and Leicester felt it too complex and protracted to have to negotiate the termination clauses for them all. Plus potter was going to be most expensive of their shortlist too.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
And Potter is still getting paid by Chelsea too. The athletic article suggests potter wanted his whole back room team with him and Leicester felt it too complex and protracted to have to negotiate the termination clauses for them all. Plus potter was going to be most expensive of their shortlist too.
Yup, of course Potter will lose money whatever job he takes next.
I don't think its a massive issue for him though. He has money and if a good job comes around (like the England one) he could skip out on a few million pounds without anything happening. Other staff members might be more reluctant to give up a million or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here