Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Leicester?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Leicester was always too far from Hove so not surprised talks broke down tbh. He'll be hoping for England or maybe West Ham if the new guy fails.

I've had agents send me to interviews "just to see" even though I wasn't that keen. It never worked out.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i suppose when you are a multi millionaire you dont need to work, but GP does seem to keep walking away from jobs. (I dont think he was a candidate for us though), has he been given the nod by the FA to hang tight, or is he just thinking "f*** it, easy life for me"

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
i suppose when you are a multi millionaire you dont need to work, but GP does seem to keep walking away from jobs. (I dont think he was a candidate for us though), has he been given the nod by the FA to hang tight, or is he just thinking "f*** it, easy life for me"
He is going to be very picky I think/hope. 3 out of 4 jobs he has been promised a reality that was pretty far from the truth. He probably wants to work with people he can trust, like in Brighton. The England job is probably pretty tempting because I can only think of maybe 5-6 clubs in England where he could realistically end up right now and of course there aren't always a job in one of those. A few years with England and then when the kids are grown up he can go full adventure mode again, definitely see him going abroad at some point again.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He is going to be very picky I think/hope. 3 out of 4 jobs he has been promised a reality that was pretty far from the truth. He probably wants to work with people he can trust, like in Brighton. The England job is probably pretty tempting because I can only think of maybe 5-6 clubs in England where he could realistically end up right now and of course there aren't always a job in one of those. A few years with England and then when the kids are grown up he can go full adventure mode again, definitely see him going abroad at some point again.
If I were him I'd be tempted to do something else altogether.

Loads of money, no real need to "work" ever again, worked at the top level of his profession (i.e. in the Champions League / Premier League).

Just go off and retrain as a tree surgeon or something. The vibe would go well with his beard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He will never work again.
That's quite a statement. £100 says he will. Any job, any time?
OK, I'll accommodate the rashness of your prediction. In football. Five years window. Done?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gary Monk mkII
So sad he left football.

Oh....hang on...

Garry Alan Monk (born 6 March 1979 is an English football manager and former professional player who is head coach of EFL League One club Cambridge United.

But... wait.... you meant Gary Monk. I see....

1718843410527.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He's gone full Alan Curbishley.

He did same and eventually became yesterdays man that nobody wanted.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He's gone full Alan Curbishley.

He did same and eventually became yesterdays man that nobody wanted.
More likely he'll be the next manager of the most talked about national football team in the world.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If I were him I'd be tempted to do something else altogether.

Loads of money, no real need to "work" ever again, worked at the top level of his profession (i.e. in the Champions League / Premier League).

Just go off and retrain as a tree surgeon or something. The vibe would go well with his beard.
He's turning into football's equivalent of the Stone Roses. Five year gap wasn't it between their first and second albums?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Shame he didn’t, the coverage would have been far more intelligent, relevant and watchable.
I do not hate Potter, in fact I mostly had time for him here, but the thought of him coming back was detestable to me.

However, although he's a marmite figure here now, he was never a person that could be labeled 'interesting'. Mind you, he's better than Micah although that's a very low bar indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here