Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter OUT!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
similar to above , we will scrimp and save and when the season is cancelled due to covid we will be no worse off.....if we go down we go down ....**** it , and back all the whinging gets ....2-1 away to spurs isn't bad ....wake the **** up.

cancelled

Oct 29, 2020
similar to above , we will scrimp and save and when the season is cancelled due to covid we will be no worse off.....if we go down we go down ....**** it , and back all the whinging gets ....2-1 away to spurs isn't bad ....wake the **** up.

i agree. I think!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we accept GP's statement that the absence of Maupay and Connolly was tactical, does this suggest that he is attempting to best utilise the squad for a tight fixture schedule? Towards the end of last season we had a six pointer against Norwich on the Saturday after a Wednesday game at home to an on-fire Man Utd. Potter made changes for the midweek game and we got hammered, but got the result (scruffily) against Norwich. With the Burnley game on Friday and with Maupay not on the best of form against WBA last week, perhaps he really is wanting two riled up, well rested quick strikers to go at Burnley's defence. I would certainly expect him to be without Lallana, so one starting place is likely to be available. If this is the case, Friday will be the true test, although we did sound more competitive with a changed side against Spurs last night, than we looked against United in June. If it works, I'd expect to see more of it. It was a shame that AJ wasn't fit to play a part yesterday as he seems from his League Cup performances to be the most threatening of the attacking squad players.

Playing Lallana (by far our most cultured player) for 90 mins against Spurs away and subsequently not being able to play him home to Burnley would be a cock up. I understand 2 of the subs were for injury, but Trossard wasn't

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just amazing decisions by Potter. Must have had 95% of supporters behind him. Bad defeat and performance and will be over 50% against. Why. Maybe he is trying to instigate an exit and payoff

eees complicated

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Totally agree - 10 more wins and a few draws is all we need from 31 games. We should be able to win 1 in 3 after our tough start no problem.

He hey .. never too early to work out how many points we need from our remaining fixtures

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Playing Lallana (by far our most cultured player) for 90 mins against Spurs away and subsequently not being able to play him home to Burnley would be a cock up. I understand 2 of the subs were for injury, but Trossard wasn't

Why is Lalana not playing ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you saying they would sack Bielsa if they were 16th?

Don't want to start more Leeds chat.

I'd take 16th now if it were offered. I'm guessing that I'd be in the great majority.

We are two wins off 10th. With 7 games played. 31 to go.

Same answer to both of you, really.

Yes, we are early in the season which is very much why I'm more "Potter needs to get a few more results" than "Potter Out". I still think he can do a fantastic job for the club with a few tweaks but it's clearly not been a good week at the club, has it? And, as I posted earlier last week he does seem to have a habit in the UK of coming below where his potential is. Should the "best young coach in the country" have guided a team to 10th in the Championship that then finished in the playoffs without him?

Regarding 16th - well, it would be preferable to going down. But we have finished 15th, 17th and 15th again and are currently 16th. We seem to have found our natural level and it's not where the top brass say we should be. I'd rather have a couple of seasons back in the Championship seeing us actually win games than finish 16th every season. That'd be dull.

As for Bielsa, someone that meticulous will have set targets and they won't be that low.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

However long he played for yesterday, I think it was going to be unlikely that he'd be playing much of a role when our fixtures fall Sunday/Friday. We might see him as a sub on Friday, which would have probably been the same had he only played an hour against Spurs. Trossard though, is likely to start, perhaps in a very similar team to the one that beat Newcastle. Veltman in for the suspended Dunk and dependent upon the fitness of the wingbacks.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Right, I started this thread with a tongue in cheek post, so here’s the BIG opinion from THE originator you’ve all been waiting for...

I think we should stick with Potter, even if we go down, because it’s Tony’s money and really nobody else’s business is it? I mean, we can have an opinion, but none of them are worth listening to in the context of this indisputable FACT!

There. That is all. Have a good week everyone :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
However long he played for yesterday, I think it was going to be unlikely that he'd be playing much of a role when our fixtures fall Sunday/Friday. We might see him as a sub on Friday, which would have probably been the same had he only played an hour against Spurs. Trossard though, is likely to start, perhaps in a very similar team to the one that beat Newcastle. Veltman in for the suspended Dunk and dependent upon the fitness of the wingbacks.

Sun is shining and it’s not raining ..makes a change

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
There are at least 3 teams that are crapper than us, and for the moment, I'm happy with that. With all that's going on in the world at the moment it's imperative we stay in the Premier League. Talk of finishing in the top 10 is a pipe dream in my opinion, let's just consolidate, invest in the academy and be content with that!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would argue that in most games this season we have been either equal to the opposition or better with only Everton and the second half against West Brom being the exception.

My main concerns at the moment are

1) we have created lots of chances but are not taking them.
2) we cannot go 90min without making a basic error or have a serious lapse of concentration and we are being punished for this
3) I am not sure GP really knows what our best 11 is yet and I don’t think the frequent rotations are helping with creating understanding between the players.
4) poor refereeing decisions are too often leaving us chasing games

Only 3 I would lay at Potters door and my overriding frustration is the regularity our players shoot themselves in the foot when we are performing well in games.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
He's won 3 PL games in 2020!

You really are not very good with facts are you. It kind of makes you look pretty silly.

He has actually won 4 since we came back from lockdown in June. Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle. Not to mention one of the longest away unbeaten runs we have ever had in the top division.

You really must try harder.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Last night at 7 pm ,when I saw the team I might have gone with the Potter out brigade. Having seen the film of the spirited performance we gave , I have gone back on that.
Potter is infuriating with his press interview platitudes. ... but I believe we are more unlucky than bad . Last night we could ,and I believe should have won if decisions had gone our way. .....if justice were served. So ...play on Potter , for now

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I would argue that in most games this season we have been either equal to the opposition or better with only Everton and the second half against West Brom being the exception.

My main concerns at the moment are

1) we have created lots of chances but are not taking them.
2) we cannot go 90min without making a basic error or have a serious lapse of concentration and we are being punished for this
3) I am not sure GP really knows what our best 11 is yet and I don’t think the frequent rotations are helping with creating understanding between the players.
4) poor refereeing decisions are too often leaving us chasing games

Only 3 I would lay at Potters door and my overriding frustration is the regularity our players shoot themselves in the foot when we are performing well in games.

Rather than at the opponent's goal! As with last season, we're dominating much of the possession and territory, but our attacks fizzle out on the edge of the penalty area, as our players pass or touch the ball just once too often (rather than having a shot), by which time, their defenders have closed us down, and even regained possession.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its crazy at this stage of the season to suggest Potter out. The club have set a direction and wont and shouldn't change this quickly. I hope he has a full run at the whole season. That said, it feels like we are an ‘unlucky’ team and that Potters team selections are getting more and more...whats the word... eccentric. All in my humble opinion. Uta, come on Potter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here