Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter in or out

Potter, in or out?

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Funny isn’t it, less than 20% think Potter, should go, yet you wouldn’t know that from the posts on this and other threads...

As usual it’s the noisy minority that have the loudest voices!

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Are we? Joint second fewest wins in the division. Now, unable to keep clean sheets. Worst midfield in the PL by a country mile. Half paced, mistake ridden, lack of creativity. Manager lacks experience and bluffs his way through by talking the talk. Confidence shot to pieces. Forgotten how to win ugly. Ridiculous Burn experiment has run its course. Webster not good enough. Trossard a lightweight luxury. Bissouma a headless chicken. Propper a languid, mistake ridden misfit. Mooy gone backwards since contract signed. Side held together by the magnificent Dunk, some good saves from Ryan and a lot of running from Maupay.

agree with most of this, tad harsh on Propper. Sadly Ryan has also gone awol too often recently. PL defences are too tough for Maupay to take on solo, he's not the strongest.

Vv poor recruitment is the bottom line.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
People are talking about a nerve shredding couple of months....
The current direction of travel is for us not just to go down, but to go down without a fight.
For all his imaginative theories that impressed bloom and ashworth, I wonder if Potter lacks the personality to motivate a team.
I’m also wondering if he’s been winging it ever since we were worked out in September.
He hasn’t been helped by recruitment but it looked like his call to get rid of Andone. I’m sure andone is a prick, but a savvy manager would have recognised we needed all the fire power we could get. A stronger manager would have found a way to control him. I don’t see evidence of Potter being either savvy or strong.
Going with maupay, Murray and connolly looked like a misjudgment at the time. It is proving to be a massive mistake.
Longer term, the concern is bloom will think everything will be alright in the end, almost as if relegation is an unfortunate but inevitable bump in the road. Ashworth at the top table. Six year contract for Potter. Uh oh.
These no guarantee we will be competitive in the championship if we go down
Some might say, it’s negative to say things could get a lot lot worse, but the evidence is there.
Too many big egos at the club with fancy plans, not enough grounded heads (or money) to properly put them in place.
For all of that, we could get over the line this season. We are not the only struggling team. They’ll need to show something different though.
IF we stay up, the dream Of snazzy football is back on. It’s not impossible, but we’d need to understand our mistakes and learn from them.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He hasn’t been helped by recruitment but it looked like his call to get rid of Andone. I’m sure andone is a prick, but a savvy manager would have recognised we needed all the fire power we could get. A stronger manager would have found a way to control him. I don’t see evidence of Potter being either savvy or strong.
Going with maupay, Murray and connolly looked like a misjudgment at the time. It is proving to be a massive mistake.

This is where I’m at too.

We came mightily close to relegation last season. why didn’t we learn.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
People are talking about a nerve shredding couple of months....
The current direction of travel is for us not just to go down, but to go down without a fight.
For all his imaginative theories that impressed bloom and ashworth, I wonder if Potter lacks the personality to motivate a team.
I’m also wondering if he’s been winging it ever since we were worked out in September.
Longer term, the concern is bloom will think everything will be alright in the end, almost as if relegation is an unfortunate but inevitable bump in the road. Ashworth at the top table. Six year contract for Potter. Uh oh.
These no guarantee we will be competitive in the championship if we go down
Some might say, it’s negative to say things could get a lot lot worse, but the evidence is there.
Too many big egos at the club with fancy plans, not enough grounded heads (or money) to properly put them in place.
For all of that, we could get over the line this season. We are not the only struggling team. They’ll need to show something different though.
IF we stay up, the dream Of snazzy football is back on. It’s not impossible, but we’d need to understand our mistakes and learn from them.

This is spot on. My worry and belief is GP can not motivate the team and if we go down, which is more than likely, I can’t see getting back up being anything but a long road. Those who seem to think we will bounce back from the Championship in a season with GP in charge are delusional. I would suggest that relegation will be a lot more than a ‘bump’ in the road!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry to be a fence sitter, but I can see an argument for both.

Sacking him now would be a bold call and a huge gamble, but that’s what our chairman is, and who do you replace him with, one of the traditional firefighters?

Allardyce and Warnock are both knocking on but from this position I believe we would definitely be safe, but that’s only a sticking plaster tactic, come May we’d need to have a permanent appointment, with a long term plan.

I hope Potter hasn’t lost the dressing room, or parts of it, dropping Murray for the Palace game at 10am on the morning of the game, is frankly head scratching, if one person had to start it was Glenn.

That said, if we keep him, we will grind out results, including a couple of surprises and stay up like last year, but only just.

And how long will 30,000 turn out each week to watch us fight relegation annually?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is spot on. My worry and belief is GP can not motivate the team and if we go down, which is more than likely, I can’t see getting back up being anything but a long road. Those who seem to think we will bounce back from the Championship in a season with GP in charge are delusional. I would suggest that relegation will be a lot more than a ‘bump’ in the road!

Who has suggested we’d bounce straight back? You just made that up didn’t you? Go down and we’d need to rebuild, although we do have some good potential players to fill the gaps made by those that would leave. Getting back would be more than a little difficult.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We need an entirely new team, dogshite

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Who has suggested we’d bounce straight back? You just made that up didn’t you? Go down and we’d need to rebuild, although we do have some good potential players to fill the gaps made by those that would leave. Getting back would be more than a little difficult.

The first rebuild would need to be the manager, which will happen around Christmas with us in the lower end of the Championship playing in front of 18,000

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The first rebuild would need to be the manager, which will happen around Christmas with us in the lower end of the Championship playing in front of 18,000

Stop posting your opinions as FACT please. You are just guessing and using your dislike of Potter to write a fantasy script.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Exactly this.

Some fans are acting like this is Football Manager. As if it’s a foregone conclusion we’ll bounce back into the Prem immediately. It’s quite naive and arrogant to be honest.

I don’t have the stats to hand but I’m sure most teams that go down tend to stay down a while.

We worked hard to get in this division. And I’m staggered we didn’t go out guns blazing in the transfer window to secure our place.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Stop posting your opinions as FACT please. You are just guessing and using your dislike of Potter to write a fantasy script.

Where have I said it’s fact.......it’s my opinion! Sorry we don’t agree and I really hope you are proved right and GP keeps us up and ends up being a great manager for BHA. It’s nothing to do with disliking him, I’m sure he is a very nice man, it’s to do with 6 wins in 28 and none in 2020. He is showing, in my opinion, that he is not up to the job. No improvement on last year and will be 5 points behind last year when we lose at wolves on Saturday.
Sorry I don’t share your optimism!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not worth voting as wont happen now. Would think Bloom will back him at end of season unless he considers his confidence is shot. My concerns since September strange decisions. He has no idea how he will play or what team to pick from game to game. Was no great fan of how Hughton played but he stuck to his guns throughout and was very little wrong with our defence. Somebody will say our goals conceded are no different but game after game we now look more vulnerable at the back. We have a good full back in Bernardo but persists in playing a centre back there. So many thought at time it was wrong to release Andone and leave us with Connelly and Murray and we have been proved right. Who on earth made decision to give Murray another year. Lets hope the Argie will be answer to no 10 spot but once he decided to drop Gross why hasnt he given Mooy,Alzate or Bissouma a go at playing closer to Maupay. Instead of playing Alzate at full back and Mooy out wide. What perhaps sums Potter up is that against Sheffield he reverted to Hughton style. Not as effective though because under Hughton with 2 wingers always able to break quickly. He e now in shit or bust situation and rather then keep changing side I would tell the following they have job to end of season to save us Ryan Montoya/Lampty Dunk Bernardo Propper Mooy Argie Trossard and Maupay

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Out of depth in the fact he doesn’t know his best 11 and it’s nearly March. Simply not ****ing good enough, I wish people would stop licking his arse.

Doesn't know his best 11 or just hasn't got one that's good enough to win on a consistent basis?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here