Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter in or out

Potter, in or out?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pearson has orchestrated wins over ManU, Liverpool, Wolves, as well as Villa and winning at Bmuff.

Many NSC’ers told us in October than Stains and Watford were down.

They weren’t.

True but after one round of games we are also now nailed on to go down with many NSCers :rolleyes:

I’m keeping the faith whilst accepting that we still have a very good chance of being one of the bottom three, but then I’ve thought that all season so although today is gutting, it’s not all over yet.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
So one Watford win defines a season? NO other team have beaten Liverpool this season but now you think we should be expecting to get results like this. Just WOW

The buck may stop with the manager, the responsibility lies with the players though. We have done enough to expect to win games, the players have come up short..

We are not down because of today’s results

It’s nothing to do with Watford. It’s to do with only winning 6 games all season and none in 2020. He changes the team every game, drops players out of the squad for a couple of weeks and then starts them. Has no clue what his best 11 is. Plays centre backs at left back, midfielders at right back and generally makes 3 to 5 changes a game! Drops Montoya for 2 weeks then puts him straight in. Bernardo plays well then gets dropped out of the squad. AJ scores a couple of goals and so confidence is high so we don’t see him for weeks.

No wonder he can’t get a tune out of the player They are as confused as we are!

Yep, I blame Potter more than the players

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Iv

True but after one round of games we are also now nailed on to go down with many NSCers :rolleyes:

I’m keeping the faith whilst accepting that we still have a very good chance of being one of the bottom three, but then I’ve thought that all season so although today is gutting, it’s not all over yet.

When positive fans like you, post resigned stuff today (but not this moment), I take that as a further sign that we’re going down. For what it’s worth.

There’s positivity, and then there’s fantasy that we’ll turn over Moutinho, Jimenez, Jota and Traore next week at their place.

I truly believe that we’re more likely to drop than stay up.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When positive fans like you, post resigned stuff today (but not this moment), I take that as a further sign that we’re going down. For what it’s worth.

There’s positivity, and then there’s fantasy that we’ll turn over Moutinho, Jimenez, Jota and Traore next week at their place.

I truly believe that we’re more likely to drop than stay up.

Yep, we are in deep shit as things stand :down:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fence. We were unlucky today. If we took our two golden chances we'd have won and Palace pretty much did a smash and grab. Today was the football I thought we'd play most of the time. However, there is a big BUT coming up......

Firstly we have NOT backed him. He chops and changes because we have so many players who are not quite up to it. Schelotto or Montoya at right back? Er, no, I'd rather have peak Bruno. And why sign Lamptey and not play him? Mooy and Gross. Both creative, play in the hole, good with dead ball and both SO slow. It's like having exactly the same player. No striker. Not even close to signing one by the sounds of things. And a pair of wide attackers in Jahanbaksh and March who, again, are just not quite quick enough. 20 million for Webster. Are you having a bubble?

Secondly he just doesn't seem engaged. Strikes me he's regretting coming. He's never bonded with the fans the way Hughton did. And, as covered elsewhere, I think the presence of Ashworth undermines him.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Bit of a pointless poll - he is not going to be dumped - especially after being given a huge extension - and anyone who thought this season wasn't going to be a struggle was a bit delusional.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Amazing how [MENTION=33329]Jolly Red Giant[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] only show up after we've had a disappointing loss. By amazing I mean depressingly predictable, obviously.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In - still keeping faith. We are good enough to stay up

Are we? Joint second fewest wins in the division. Now, unable to keep clean sheets. Worst midfield in the PL by a country mile. Half paced, mistake ridden, lack of creativity. Manager lacks experience and bluffs his way through by talking the talk. Confidence shot to pieces. Forgotten how to win ugly. Ridiculous Burn experiment has run its course. Webster not good enough. Trossard a lightweight luxury. Bissouma a headless chicken. Propper a languid, mistake ridden misfit. Mooy gone backwards since contract signed. Side held together by the magnificent Dunk, some good saves from Ryan and a lot of running from Maupay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fence. We were unlucky today. If we took our two golden chances we'd have won and Palace pretty much did a smash and grab. Today was the football I thought we'd play most of the time. However, there is a big BUT coming up......

Firstly we have NOT backed him. He chops and changes because we have so many players who are not quite up to it. Schelotto or Montoya at right back? Er, no, I'd rather have peak Bruno. And why sign Lamptey and not play him? Mooy and Gross. Both creative, play in the hole, good with dead ball and both SO slow. It's like having exactly the same player. No striker. Not even close to signing one by the sounds of things. And a pair of wide attackers in Jahanbaksh and March who, again, are just not quite quick enough. 20 million for Webster. Are you having a bubble?

Secondly he just doesn't seem engaged. Strikes me he's regretting coming. He's never bonded with the fans the way Hughton did. And, as covered elsewhere, I think the presence of Ashworth undermines him.

With your knowledgeable football eye, why not Montoya?

Over the last 14 months I think he’s been exposed as a poor PL defender in a stack of matches. Any left winger with pace and/or craft, more often than not destroys him one on one. But in criticising him I normally face a backlash, one of the main arguments that “he’s a CL winner”.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are we? Joint second fewest wins in the division. Now, unable to keep clean sheets. Worst midfield in the PL by a country mile. Half paced, mistake ridden, lack of creativity. Manager lacks experience and bluffs his way through by talking the talk. Confidence shot to pieces. Forgotten how to win ugly. Ridiculous Burn experiment has run its course. Webster not good enough. Trossard a lightweight luxury. Bissouma a headless chicken. Propper a languid, mistake ridden misfit. Mooy gone backwards since contract signed. Side held together by the magnificent Dunk, some good saves from Ryan and a lot of running from Maupay.

66% possession, 24 shots. 1 mistake, and a whole host of fluffed shots. Football at the highest level is this tough. We are still 15th. We still have everything to play for. Confidence looked good today OTHER than in front of goal.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In.

We've gone balls out on this GP tippy tappy let's change the team every week style. No backing down now. Buckle up for a nerve shredding couple of months

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see [MENTION=1721]Mr Putdown[/MENTION] has voted in. Care to expand on your thoughts?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
With your knowledgeable football eye, why not Montoya?

Over the last 14 months I think he’s been exposed as a poor PL defender in a stack of matches. Any left winger with pace and/or craft, more often than not destroys him one on one. But in criticising him I normally face a backlash, one of the main arguments that “he’s a CL winner”.

The CL Winner thing is part of the issue. Having played with Valencia and Barca in a league with a lot of weak sides he is simply not used to being attacked. If you play right back for Barca in La Liga your job is mainly to provide ammunition for the attackers. Whereas, little old Brighton are going to be attacked quite a lot and hit on the break a fair bit too. Going forwards Montoya is ok (one dreadful first touch today aside) but defensively he's a liability and teams attack him. Schelotto is even more of the same.

Bruno could defend, had the touch of a master craftsman and could still overlap and get forward. Looking back it was incredible with had him in The Championship.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
In all day. Rome wasn’t built in a day! Some people or ‘fans’ on here are off their swedes. Who do you propose we bring in??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The CL Winner thing is part of the issue. Having played with Valencia and Barca in a league with a lot of weak sides he is simply not used to being attacked. If you play right back for Barca in La Liga your job is mainly to provide ammunition for the attackers. Whereas, little old Brighton are going to be attacked quite a lot and hit on the break a fair bit too. Going forwards Montoya is ok (one dreadful first touch today aside) but defensively he's a liability and teams attack him. Schelotto is even more of the same.

Bruno could defend, had the touch of a master craftsman and could still overlap and get forward. Looking back it was incredible with had him in The Championship.

Totally agree. Alves being the ultimate example.

Bruno was incredible, luckily we realised that at the time, enjoying every moment.

It’s a funny old game. Many NSC’ers think that Montoya’s a class RB. Airbrushing out countless wide players destroying him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here