Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter in or out

Potter, in or out?

• Total voters

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You've got to give him a season in the Championship to get us back up. It was a big gamble getting him as manager in the first place with his massive lack of experience.

The ridiculous thing was the contract extension which was ill-judged and unnecessary.

I think our club is run very well commercially but unfortunately badly for football.

A couple of ridiculous decisions I think. Firstly letting two strikers go at the start of the season without an experienced replacement, and then giving Potter the extension to his contract.... based on what?
I’ve got a sinking feeling that says we are going down. I’m usually very much an optimist but I just can’t see us getting the results required from the games ahead.
I think we owe Potter the loyalty to give him a chance next season if he does take us down. However, if we don’t start well next season I think we’ll need to get rid. If we do get rid then we also need to look at the person who identified him. (Ashworth)
Seems to me like Ashworth wanted a bit of a yes man / coach rather than a strong manager.

Let’s hope Potter can turn it around but just can’t see it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Without appearing to poke my nose in , he’s tinkering with the team too much.
In your situation, he needs a settled team and tactics, and he’s not doing either.
You can’t get away with this in the PL .

Input appreciated. But we have a team that are creating plenty of opportunities to win matches, regardless of the changes. Under Hughton we could see the problem. Here it's head scratching. A consistent line up would still serve up the same problem.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
on the fence. I don't think we will get anyone in who would make a difference. Give him to the end of the season to see what he can do. If he takes us down then I think we should let him go as i don't see him getting us promotion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Input appreciated. But we have a team that are creating plenty of opportunities to win matches, regardless of the changes. Under Hughton we could see the problem. Here it's head scratching. A consistent line up would still serve up the same problem.

Yep, this season we are making the chances and should be winning games, last season we were playing rope a dope.

Today has been awful but I am nowhere near as despondent as I was this time last season :shrug:

Hard to blame the manager when players are missing sitters, last season we seldom even made the chances from December on.

Potter is getting an unfair stick beating tonight imo.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I don't know where else to put this, but after watching us earlier, watching Watford win just now, I'm reminded of the times when every block, every save, was followed by the players slapping each other on the backs, congratulating whoever had pulled off that goal-saving tackle, pulling each other up off the ground with a roar. When did that go, and do you think it's in any way indicative of a more 'surgical' way of playing that GP is after?

I for one miss it, that outward togetherness, that blood and thunder passion. I like GP very much but I haven't yet quite got a handle on what he's trying to do. That's all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would say out now but what are the options ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Yep, this season we are making the chances and should be winning games, last season we were playing rope a dope.

Today has been awful but I am nowhere near as despondent as I was this time last season :shrug:

Hard to blame the manager when players are missing sitters, last season we seldom even made the chances from December on.

He really isn’t! Forget today, we haven’t won in 2020. We look weak and fragile with no confidence. There is absolutely no way we could do what Watford have just done to Liverpool. The whole side is on a downer and the buck stops with the manager!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He really isn’t! Forget today, we haven’t won in 2020. We look weak and fragile with no confidence. There is absolutely no way we could do what Watford have just done to Liverpool. The whole side is on a downer and the buck stops with the manager!

So one Watford win defines a season? NO other team have beaten Liverpool this season but now you think we should be expecting to get results like this. Just WOW

The buck may stop with the manager, the responsibility lies with the players though. We have done enough to expect to win games, the players have come up short..

We are not down because of today’s results

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
In for me either way. Has this team playing decent football but they couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo
No matter if we stay up or not we seriously need to look at recruitment as potter is taking the brunt of 2 years recruitment

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
So one Watford win defines a season? NO other team have beaten Liverpool this season but now you think we should be expecting to get results like this. Just WOW

Watford are clearly better than us now, as too are Wet Sham.
3 from 4, Us, Norwich, Villa, Bmuff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

All this against a backdrop of a league that has got stronger.

This time last year we were 5 points clear (1 point less & -1 game) with only one team that had a serious chance of catching us.

No hiding place this time round.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The buck may stop with the manager, the responsibility lies with the players though. We have done enough to expect to win games, the players have come up short..

We are not down because of today’s results

Pearson has orchestrated wins over ManU, Liverpool, Wolves, as well as Villa and winning at Bmuff.

Many NSC’ers told us in October than Stains and Watford were down.

They weren’t.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All of our signings have turned out to be complete duds. Good to get 1 or 2 wrong, to get 6 wrong is very carelesss

Broomfield

Aug 6, 2011
That's what we have the fence option. I like what he's trying to do, but frustrated by the lack of success, thus far.

Managers need time . . . . Look at smug Eddie and Wasp chewing Dyche . . . They've done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here