Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter in or out

Potter, in or out?

• Total voters

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We’ve made loads of media/pundit friends this season. That has to be worth something in itself.

If that's what you want then write to Cilla Black and go on "Surprise Surprise". Who cares what the Pundits think or say. They are getting paid for views where they contradict themselves from week to week.

The only thing that matters is staying up because that's what the Club fought to attain ever since the Amex was built.

Those media pundits whose ears you wanna tickle don't give a flying f#ck about who gets relegated or whether a specific club play well being relegated. How many of them even Give Blackpool a second thought since they dropped out of the PL ?

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If that's what you want then write to Cilla Black and go on "Surprise Surprise". Who cares what the Pundits think or say. They are getting paid for views where they contradict themselves from week to week.

The only thing that matters is staying up because that's what the Club fought to attain ever since the Amex was built.

Those media pundits whose ears you wanna tickle don't give a flying f#ck about who gets relegated or whether a specific club play well being relegated. How many of them even Give Blackpool a second thought since they dropped out of the PL ?
This, all I hear now is Potter hasn’t made the slightest bit of difference and Hughton should of stayed. The media turn in a second.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
In (for the long term as well) but I'm pretty dejected by the whole situation at the moment.

It is not good enough currently and I'm starting to think that perhaps things haven't progressed as wonderfully as we all thought.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
In... but it's too late to stop the inevitable now, so lesson learned.. dont ditch two strikers without back filling, fatal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We may have lost or drawn some games we should have done better in, granted. No performance has come close to the shitfests against Bournemouth, Saints and Cardiff though. THAT was got CH the sack imo and if we finish this season in the same manner Potter will be gone too.

Not “imo”. TB has kinda admitted twice that the Bmuff and Cardiff debacles were key.

I did look at this whole 'not won in 2020' thing, which sounds awful, but perhaps doesn't tell the entire story.
01.01 – Brighton 1-1 Chelsea
Matched them throughout the game. Dominated 2nd half.

11.01 – Everton 1-0 Brighton
Not at our best, another defensive lapse (seem to have 1 per game), could and perhaps should have equalised.

18.01 – Brighton 1-1 Villa
This is a painful one. Dominated the game. Moment's lack of concentration cost us, plus poor finishing to have put the game out of sight.

21.01 – Bournemouth 3-1 Brighton
Dominated the first 30mins, then capitulated. 65% possession, 21 shots - same old story of not being able to finish.

01.02 – West Ham 3-3 Brighton
Thrilling come back and a sign that team spirit is still very good. Poor goals to concede though.

08.02 – Brighton 1-1 Watford
Our 1 goal per game gift to the opposition strikes again. Did well to salavage a point (needing a o.g. to score though)

22.02 – Sheff Utd 1-1 Brighton
Hard fought back to basics performance to earn a point. Nothing great, but still fighting.

29.02 – Brighton 0-1 Palace
Enough chances to wrap the 3 points with a bow on it. Poor goal to concede (again).

2020 SUMMARY
For me, while this is a poor run of results, in most of these games we've been very much in the contest. Whereas last season we were just awful at times, going behind and never looking like getting back or threatening, we're very much victims of sides taking their chances, and in some cases chance, and we miss a whole host of opportunities.

You can take the likes of Stevens goal for Sheff Utd, Doucouré, Grealish, and teams are scoring tougher chances than we are missing regularly.

All we can do really is keep playing to create the chances, try to cut out the errors (there aren't many but we seemed to get punished for each one), and really hope that one or two players get their scoring mojos and start finding the onion bag.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
OUT!

The appointment was a gamble that isn't paying off! Get out while you can. He simply doesn't have the level of experience for the elite.

Hughton needed to go but his replacement was too risky.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I know there are always ifs and buts, but we don’t have the amount of possession or the number of shots that we are without the manager and the team, doing something right.

If March had buried his relatively easy chance and Maupay hadn’t got in the way of Dunk’s bullet header, then people may have been singing a different song today!

We have had the most shots of any team, outside of the top 6, yet scored one of the fewest - there is our problem. So all the bollox about us stroking the ball about and not shooting clearly isn’t accurate - unfortunately nor is our shooting!

We are currently ranked 6th in the division for big chances missed, again backing up the can’t shoot for toffee theory!

All the stats, with the exception of the most important one, goals, say we should be just outside the top 6...
Thanks for saving me the time to type something similar.

Graham Potter is clearly an excellent coach and manager. He has achieved all of those very positive performance stats with a bottom 6 squad of players.

Just two of our undeserved defeats being turned into wins, by better finishing or a bit more luck, and all the armchair experts would have to shut up (until the next period of disappointing results).

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
In, obviously.

The tactics are working, we are having chances to win every game, unlike last season where more often than not we had no or one shots on target.

We have too many square pegs trying to fit into round holes though, the club should've addressed this in January.

But ultimately, so long as the clubs wage structure remains in place, a relegation battle is all we can expect. I'm not saying Bloom should change it, but if he wants to become a top 10 team, that is what needs to change.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This, all I hear now is Potter hasn’t made the slightest bit of difference and Hughton should of stayed. The media turn in a second.

He has changed how we play. He has given some of the youngsters a chance. However statistics don't lie:
17/18
P28 Pts 31 (final table P38 Pts 40: +9pts from last 10)
18/19
P28 Pts 30 (final table P38 Pts 36: +6pts from last 10)
19/20
P28 Pts 28 (??)

Potter's value now has 10 games to finish better than we have the previous 2 seasons. Somehow we need a point per game as a minimum. Other clubs like Southampton have been on a worse run than us this season and turned it around.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd be firmly IN, if not for the inexplicable persistence with Mooy.

The PL is tough enough, without carrying lazy passengers, who think they're better than they are.

As it is I'm still IN, but seriously, give Mooy a 'break', please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be firmly IN, if not for the inexplicable persistence with Mooy.

The PL is tough enough, without carrying lazy passengers, who think they're better than they are.

As it is I'm still IN, but seriously, give Mooy a 'break', please.

I got the impression that the sponsors were either Australian or on a wind up when MOTM was announced, maybe they were just totally clueless though

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In . He has been given some duff signings. Perhaps we can look forward to some good years in the championship and win the odd game.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I got the impression that the sponsors were either Australian or on a wind up when MOTM was announced, maybe they were just totally clueless though

Agreed, AJ showed more passion and guile than Mooy in just 20 odd minutes, to be honest not one of them deserved it.

Still totally pissed off

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Shirt and photo opportunity with their favourite player....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
In at the moment. But he needs to acknowledge and address the elephant in the room: Potterball doesn't work if we haven't got anyone who can reliably put the ball in the back of the net when the chances get created.

Whether we stay up or go down, the priority in the next window must be on strengthening - significantly - the striking options.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pleasantly surprised at the result of this poll. NSC isn't completely full of idiots then.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agreed, AJ showed more passion and guile than Mooy in just 20 odd minutes, to be honest not one of them deserved it.

Still totally pissed off

AJ is like that - Even in training, he is a Model Professional and always gives 100% - I am gutted that things haven't clicked for him as he has loads of ability

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I voted out on Saturday evening but I'm now more fence that I've calmed down a bit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I was replying sarcastically to a sarcastic post.

I don’t care about media plaudits or sniping. This is how it’s going to pan out for us come May, either:

a) We stay up - TB’s bravery and innovative GP are praised.

b) We go down - the full fury of the media and CH’s mates will be unleashed at TB and our allegedly ‘ungrateful’ fanbase for years to come. The sacking will be forever known as our Charlton/Curbishley “be careful what you wish for” moment.

Neither will affect me. I want GP to succeed and I’ll be fine with Championship football if that happens.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here