Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from last night............

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Sanchez looked back to his best.
A full game from Lamptey.
Mac Allister looked good when he came on.
Connolly and March provided confirmation on whether they should be starters in a Premier League side.
Lallana returned from injury.
I was able to get a spot in the Bridge car park.

If I avoided catching Covid that will be another bonus. Time will tell.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The unattractive nature of the game (near Xmas, televised, COVID) reduced the crowd closer to the hard core - who generally seemed to do a lot less moaning than a full house.
This. Definitely a more supportive audience than usual without the mouthy blowhards who love to criticise our players and manager.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm sorry, we didn't have all the play in the second half. They had hit the post, the bar, and had several clear cut opportunities to score. We were very poor in the second half.

We had a wobbly first 5/10 minutes but after that we dominated both possession and territory without creating anything clear cut. All of their chances created came from breaks from Traore who is pretty unstoppable.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The unattractive nature of the game (near Xmas, televised, COVID) reduced the crowd closer to the hard core - who generally seemed to do a lot less moaning than a full house.

This!

Mentioned above, but the North was more in unison than usual, occasionally actally picking up chants started by the other half of the stand.

There remains a few who consistently try to get their version of Ole, Ole, Ole going.
I have no idea what the words are - something about Sussex and there's a blue and white in there somewhere too I think.
Personally I'm not a fan of the song, because it tends to kill the chanting that was going on before.
but if it gets going I may well give it a go,

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having complained about the smattering of boos after the 8th game without a win, Potter seems to finally be acknowledging that a long run without a win is a bad thing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We had a wobbly first 5/10 minutes but after that we dominated both possession and territory without creating anything clear cut. All of their chances created came from breaks from Traore who is pretty unstoppable.

So what's the point having the ball when you're not winning if you're not creating chances? And their chances might have come on the break but they had more of them and better ones. Nothing wrong with counterattacking football, in fact it might even be preferable to another round of Sanchez to defender to defender to defender to Sanchez to defender possession football.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I thought we were disappointing second half but, let's face it, with several key players ruled out it was never going to be easy to build much rhythm. Wolves play-acting and the ref's farcical technical problems only added to that. I don't think we can argue against them deserving to win, but you'd expect them to considering they were only really missing Jimenez (a big loss admittedly but one they've been used to).

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I was working from home and live too far away to make an evening kick-off so the positive for me is that I finished decorating the bathroom.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
We only lost 1-0 and let’s not forget it was a beautiful pass from Neves to set it up. Sanchez great saves, we could have easily lost by 3 or 4. Veltman again looked classy. Don’t think anyone got injured. Run out for one of our youngsters and ehh…….

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Only unstoppable against us. How he must wish he could play against us every week.

We were the defintion of toothless last night. Dominating possession in that manner is not a positive for me as we never looked like scoring and it meant whenever we did give the ball away, they were in a great place to break.

Very little to be positive about but what I can be:

- Veltman: just class (pray his injury isn’t bad);
- Mwepu: I know he should have scored but I thought he was quite bright and offers something different to any of our other midfielders and attackers. I do think we’ve got a real player on our hands who will get and make goals;
- Mac Allister: hopefully played himself into a start for our next match whenever that is.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I thought Veltman and Lamptey dealt with him particularly well overall

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Agreed, we were threadbare and still bossed the majority of the game. Unfortunately after conceding a poor goal from a 2nd phase (and with our defence in tatters this was all but inevitable) we couldn't muster any significant clear cut openings in the 2nd half despite having all the play again, against a horrible Wolverhampton side who were masters of the dark arts. Can't fault the commitment of the players and you feel if we had Maups and the regular back3 we'd have won that game 1-0 rather than lose it.

Wolves should've been 4-0 up 15 mins into the 2nd half. Thankfully our strikers buffoonery infront of goal afflicted them as well.
Did we actually have any attempt on goal in the 2nd half. We were very very poor

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ali Macs conversation from no 10 to central midfielder continues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here