Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from last night............

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
just confirms that Dunk and Webster are comfortably our best 2 centre halfs
Maupay is was better than he is given credit for.

Uncle Tony will get another centre forward for us in January.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I thought the atmosphere for the first 40 minutes was excellent.
Veltman put in an excellent performance.

Other than that nothing to be positive about.

Atmo was good I thought right upto their goal.

Veltman? I thought he was poor. I don't think his passing is PL quality, he can defend OK and then c0cks it up by giving the ball away cheaply. Marginally better than BDB overall but that's like saying that I broke my leg in 6 places but at least it didn't need to be amputated.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Even with a makeshift side we played some excellent, technical football. But… (we all know the rest)

Agreed, we were threadbare and still bossed the majority of the game. Unfortunately after conceding a poor goal from a 2nd phase (and with our defence in tatters this was all but inevitable) we couldn't muster any significant clear cut openings in the 2nd half despite having all the play again, against a horrible Wolverhampton side who were masters of the dark arts. Can't fault the commitment of the players and you feel if we had Maups and the regular back3 we'd have won that game 1-0 rather than lose it.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Atmo was good I thought right upto their goal.

Veltman? I thought he was poor. I don't think his passing is PL quality, he can defend OK and then c0cks it up by giving the ball away cheaply. Marginally better than BDB overall but that's like saying that I broke my leg in 6 places but at least it didn't need to be amputated.

crikey if you thought that was a good atmosphere then god help us. I thought it was utterly crap, and a couple of half hearted Alllbbbiiiooons at the start is not really an atmosphere in my book

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We did not deserve to lose.

We controlled Wolves for most of the game.

(However, we clearly did not deserve to win.)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Agreed, we were threadbare and still bossed the majority of the game. Unfortunately after conceding a poor goal from a 2nd phase (and with our defence in tatters this was all but inevitable) we couldn't muster any significant clear cut openings in the 2nd half despite having all the play again, against a horrible Wolverhampton side who were masters of the dark arts. Can't fault the commitment of the players and you feel if we had Maups and the regular back3 we'd have won that game 1-0 rather than lose it.

I'm sorry, we didn't have all the play in the second half. They had hit the post, the bar, and had several clear cut opportunities to score. We were very poor in the second half.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought the ref had a good game.

I know this is a ‘positives’ thread but I have to disagree.

That was the single most unprofessional performance I have ever seen from a referee in all my time watching football over the years!

Why on earth did he book to have his booster jab for the middle of an EPL game? Sleeve rolled up by the side of the pitch with a nurse attending to him, we all knew what was happening. And then there seemed to be a mix up over which booster he wanted, Pfizer or Moderna!

I paid good money to watch a FOOTBALL match last night, not some cretin who is supposed to be in charge getting his booster jab on the side of the pitch because he wasn’t able to get an appointment at another time!

Unbelievable.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
crikey if you thought that was a good atmosphere then god help us. I thought it was utterly crap, and a couple of half hearted Alllbbbiiiooons at the start is not really an atmosphere in my book

The North, North West Corner was singing every minute of the first half. Quite depressing to think no one heard it.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I did hear some of it, but 20 people's voices from under the police box doesnt carry too far (I sit half way line in West Upper so in a very good position to judge home vs away support/levels)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I went to the cinema to see the new Spider-Man movie last night, with the grand kids and it was actually quite good.

Just shows how things have changed as I gave them the option last week of football or Spider-Man, and there was only 1 winner. Far cheaper too!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I try exceedingly hard not to have a go at Brighton because for me, it’s like arguing with a really good friend.
However, for whatever the reason my patience is really beginning to be tested. For the first time probably in my life I switched off after Wolves scored last night. It just seems we don’t want to improve from where we are.
I understand we had problems with players last night, but it just showed how shallow we are. After such a wonderful start (Okay we had a good set of fixtures) we seem to have gone backwards. Maybe I see too much football but for me not to see out a Brighton game is a big deal to me, I even feel somewhat ashamed fgs.
We need some new blood in January and some blue bloods would be good.
Just how far is Father Tony willing to go?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I didn't go and spent the second half enjoying a large glass of a lovely caramel rum I found yesterday, certainly took the edge off what was an otherwise depressing evening of football.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I had fun standing on the round part that moves as you go round corners on the bendy bus. Like being on an ultra cautious fairground ride and at least meant there was a little bit of entertainment last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here