• Liquidation

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Administration

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Lets all laugh at Portsmouth , Lets all laugh at Portsmouth la,la,la,la ,la ,la ,la, la

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Football is about to learn the same lesson the banks and, untimately, the country are learning ... the current system is unsustainable.

There has to be a big club go to the wall to make the others sit up and realise and this is going to be it!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Football is about to learn the same lesson the banks and, untimately, the country are learning ... the current system is unsustainable.

There has to be a big club go to the wall to make the others sit up and realise and this is going to be it!

When will the big club go to the wall?

:laugh:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not quite, if HMRC win today then the entire circus will move their tents and caravans to the Appeal Court tomorrow.

Is that when the judges put black dusters on their heads when they announce the ruling ? :laugh:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
attachment.php

It got removed for some reason...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When will the big club go to the wall?

:laugh:

Class .....

One thought though should be for the fans, they (even though they are Portsmouth fans) are the victims. Their beloved club has been bled dry by the very people appointed to look after it or those who have brought it to make a quick buck ... ring any bells Archer, et al

Funny yes, but I can't help feeling sorry for the true pompey fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Class .....

One thought though should be for the fans, they (even though they are Portsmouth fans) are the victims. Their beloved club has been bled dry by the very people appointed to look after it or those who have brought it to make a quick buck ... ring any bells Archer, et al

Funny yes, but I can't help feeling sorry for the true pompey fans.

To an extent.
They have, however, enjoyed 8 years Premiership football, a European campaign, two Cup Finals and a steady procession of some quality International players, so the mandatory "long suffering fans" line does tend to stick in the throat a bit.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To an extent.
They have, however, enjoyed 8 years Premiership football, a European campaign, two Cup Finals and a steady procession of some quality International players, so the mandatory "long suffering fans" line does tend to stick in the throat a bit.

I agree but would add that some Pompey guys I know, whilst loving it, have also known it wouldn't last and there was going to be a whole heap of shit coming their way.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I actually hope Portsmouth go bust!

I never thought i would say that and its not because its Portsmouth.

I would feel the same if it was anyone from Arsenal to Wigan because football has to wake up and smell the coffee! Players are being paid obscene amounts of money, and i know its a short career but some of these players earn more in a year than some of us earn in a lifetime.

We the fans are being ripped off to pay for this, rediculous prices to sit in the rain, rediculous prices to buy a shirt for your kids, oh and they will want the new one in a years time! Im not going to go on about all the peripherals of the match day experience i.e. Burgers, Programmes etc. but it really pisses me off that if Joe public wants to take his kids to watch a football match he will have to fork out a fair chunk of his weeks wages to do so.

And all this to pay the wages of players who sometimes cant even be arsed!

Then when the club finally falls to its knees it dodges the taxman and guess who is going to get ripped off yet again, yeah you got it, you and I.

So Portsmouth are on their knees with the sword in front of them, let them fall another couple of foot onto that sword!

Do i feel sorry for their fans? Of course i do, but until it happens to a reasonable sized club like Portsmouth nobody seems to be learning any lessons.

Pay the players a normal wage like the poor mugs that pay to watch them, when that short career is over, let them get another fuckin job! Afterall they have only been working part time for the last 15 years or so, plenty of time to get some qualifications behind you and carry on!

I know im dreaming but still, it has to happen, doesnt it?

Rant over :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Going to watch Sky News now as the breaking news is due shortly.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To an extent.
Indeed. We discussed this the other day and whilst there is an element of sympathy with Pompey fans (although the degress vary) as 'Not Andy Naylor' pointed out even when the truth was starting to come out the Pompey fans ignored it. I guess they thought the worst wouldn't happen and if it did they could 'do a Leeds'. Their whining now is sounding very hollow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed. We discussed this the other day and whilst there is an element of sympathy with Pompey fans (although the degress vary) as 'Not Andy Naylor' pointed out even when the truth was starting to come out the Pompey fans ignored it. I guess they thought the worst wouldn't happen and if it did they could 'do a Leeds'. Their whining now is sounding very hollow.

There seems to be a groundswell of opinion amongst many of their fans that the HMRC are somehow the bad guys in all this for pursuing their club and looking to make an example of them, when "everyone else is at it as well...", as if thats some kind of justification.

I just cannot believe how blinkered some of them are.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There seems to be a groundswell of opinion amongst many of their fans that the HMRC are somehow the bad guys in all this for pursuing their club and looking to make an example of them, when "everyone else is at it as well...", as if thats some kind of justification.

Sounds like Palace and the people they owed money to.

To a degree I can understand their view. Stockport walked away paying 1 p in the pound to their creditors whilst the former ceo who oversaw the debacle was then employed at a nice salary by the recievers to 'advise' them on the running of the company. But the fact that others have taken the piss does not mean a\they should have been allowed to nor b\pompey should be allowed to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here