• Liquidation

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Administration

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Lets all laugh at Portsmouth , Lets all laugh at Portsmouth la,la,la,la ,la ,la ,la, la

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WHo are the bigger Cnuts though? Pompey or Naomi Campbell?

Its a right old toughie....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm powerless about where my subscription fee goes.

You are on your own, yes. But if tens of thousands of people started a campaign and said "We're not happy with some of our subscription funding Portsmouth and want the parachute payments to be paid direct to HMRC" Sky would take notice and, the Prem would certainly take notice.

Look at the way that a Facebook campaign helped save BBC6 or the Twitter campaign on the Trafigura case - the mass participation there had an immediate effect.

Such a campaign would certainly work with Sky/Prem as they're obsessed with the bottom line but, as I said, I bet there's no such campaign because, ultimately, very few people are really bothered that Portsmouth got away with it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Though this truly stinks, please correct me if I'm wrong, Portsmouth still remain in administration and will do until they apply to be removed from, thus submitting all the relevant paperwork etc. Given the time constraints this can not be done before their opening game, and so are entering the new season still in administration. Surely this will lead to a further points reduction. Also can someone confirm if Palace have actually left administration officially.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...so are entering the new season still in administration. Surely this will lead to a further points reduction.

i dont think so as they have a CVA in place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are on your own, yes. But if tens of thousands of people started a campaign and said "We're not happy with some of our subscription funding Portsmouth and want the parachute payments to be paid direct to HMRC" Sky would take notice and, the Prem would certainly take notice.

Look at the way that a Facebook campaign helped save BBC6 or the Twitter campaign on the Trafigura case - the mass participation there had an immediate effect.

Such a campaign would certainly work with Sky/Prem as they're obsessed with the bottom line but, as I said, I bet there's no such campaign because, ultimately, very few people are really bothered that Portsmouth got away with it.

On the contrary, I think a HELL of a lot of people are furious that Pompey got away with it - I'm one of them. But to think that Sky and the likes of Scudamore would bat an eyelid at an online campaign telling them what we think they should do with their money is rather naive.

The only thing they WOULD take any notice of is if tens of thousands of people suddenly decided to cancel their subscriptions. But why should I wipe out practically my entire sporting TV coverage just because of the way some football clubs run themselves ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just to clarify on my thoughts, this isn't about denying people the use of Sky, this is about a mass campaign to say that enough is enough about clubs ripping off the taxman and smaller suppliers.

But people saying something won't be enough, nor would petitioning Downing Street but a mass boycott of Sky would REALLY make football take notice because that would hit clubs hard in the pocket. Football needs Sky and Sky needs football, anything that threatens that would make both sides sit up.

I don't people have quite got how disruptive the likes of FB and Twitter can be but a big social media campaign could no more than 20 tax lawyers.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The only thing they WOULD take any notice of is if tens of thousands of people suddenly decided to cancel their subscriptions. But why should I wipe out practically my entire sporting TV coverage just because of the way some football clubs run themselves ?

That's precisely what I'm suggesting - they would really take notice. As i said, petitioning by itself would have no effect.

I don't think you would have to wipe it out. If, say, 200,000 people said we're going to cancel our subscription in three months time unless the Pompey parachute money is paid to HMRC you can bet Scudamore and his cronies would take notice.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
On the contrary, I think a HELL of a lot of people are furious that Pompey got away with it - I'm one of them. But to think that Sky and the likes of Scudamore would bat an eyelid at an online campaign telling them what we think they should do with their money is rather naive.

Absolutely. Anyway, a bit like those CND campaigners who didn't like their income tax going to pay for nuclear weapons this debate doesn't concern me as not one PENNY of my Sky Sports subsctiption goes to the Premier League for parachute payments or anything else. My money goes to the sports I watch, cricket, rugby league, rugby union, etc. Premiership football is just an (unwanted) freebie that Sky give me.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
i dont think so as they have a CVA in place.

So, unlike every other club that has entered administration they have effectively had no real punishment as they would have been relegated anyway last season. I'd have thought a points deduction for the upcoming season would have been nailed on like it was for Leeds, Southampton, Bournemouth, Luton etc?

It seems like 1 rule for Pompey.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here