Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Polish Immigrants

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I didn't realise quite how many Poles were in England until I came here ... at least half of everyone's family is there at the moment, it seems. Jolly nice people, mind.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
From an Irish perspective, I am personally enjoying the people from different countries and cultures coming here as I was used to when I lived in Sussex. They are filling jobs where there are gaps and they are contributing to the welfare system that otherwise might be stretched. especially when it comes to pensions, several years down the line.

It may be different in Dublin (before MYOB gets offended) but for far too long this country been so insular and only interested in itself and it's own people. I had to get Sky sports asap just to find out anything other than how the Irish feller or team did.

You should hear the uproar from the people in a nearby town because the local Supervalu is now stocking polish food lines and don't get them started about all the 'monkeys' working at the hospital, let alone the one who failed someone's car at the NCT (MOT), despite having never seen a car before as he was only swinging in trees a few months ago. I kid you not.

I guess it must be like England in the 50's but I am doubly enjoying the benefits of cuture change and the despair of the Irish at how their cosy little lives are changing.

I'd like to add that it is mainly the over 50's who seem to hold these views.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
adrian29uk said:
I dont know how they do it. But If they are earning 3 times as much as they do in Poland then they are probably sending a large portion of their wages home, then in 4-5 years they go home set up for life. Thanks England.

Has your mum gone home yet?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
EVERYONE near me in soton is polish.

that or they make an excuse not to speak to me when i try interview them for my course :(

''sorry i am polish''

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
adrian29uk said:
They must totally scrimp and scrape. They are probably used to home cooking instead of micorwave meals, so this works out cheaper.

They dont have sky television and dont pay for a television licence lol.

There cars are still running under plish insurance and road tax which is cheaper.

If they are Plumbers, Electricians they are probably doing jobs cash in hand, know what I mean Harry,

LOL

Gosh imagine that. People cooking real food. People driving the car they bought. Plumbers and Electricians doing cash jobs. These immigrants clearly have a lot to teach us.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
adrian29uk said:
I dont know how they do it. But If they are earning 3 times as much as they do in Poland then they are probably sending a large portion of their wages home, then in 4-5 years they go home set up for life. Thanks England.

So what though, I assume they are paying their taxes at the same rates as you and therefore contributing to the benefit system. After that they can do what they like with their money in the same way you can.

The ones I have spoken to over here have left wives and children back home, they rent a house and live four to a room, minimising costs, work as many hours as they can and send money back home.

looney said:
As I have tried to explain to you economicaly illiterate rentagobs.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE MARKET.

Markets are regulted. Exceptions are blackmarkets, drugs prostitution etc.

Markets need regulating to stop things like market distortions, Negative exsternalities and market failures etc.

I assume you aprove of the weights and measures act when you go down the pub? Also that Driving should be licensed?
Every legal market is regulated so why shouldn't a labour market be regulated when it faces a massive distortion due to differences in real wages etc?

There is no hypocricy in what I say only your ignorance of economics and your fall back on leftwing cliches.

Oh and son, maybe at some point someone will take you aside and have a quiet word with you to let you know that your not clever enough to put words into my mouth.

Libertarian Capitalism? What the fucks that?:lolol:

As I said to London Idiot. Liberty for who? Liberty for people who want to come here or liberty for people who live here to decide who comes here?

Obviously you follow the foreigners first dictum. You are the political equivelant of a doormat that likes to be walked over. A self hating lefty and thats all you are.

Your "act" is very confused. You once made a big play of being an economic liberal, someone who believes in as few as restrictions as possible on capital, including deregulated labour markets. You got bored of that and are now acting out being a social conservative, "send 'em home" 'n' all that.

The funny thing is, even the social conservatives are not keen to bash the Poles. The last commentator I heard on TV praising the recent contribution of the Poles to Britain was - Kelvin Mackenzie, that well-known Guardian reader.

Even internationally, anti-immigrant movements have taken an almighty beating, the US Republicans in the House of Representatives (not their Senate colleagues who are genuine economic liberals) tried to make the Mexican border an election issue. They were pulverised at the polls :clap2: :clap2: :salute: :salute: :salute:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Your "act" is very confused. You once made a big play of being an economic liberal, someone who believes in as few as restrictions as possible on capital, including deregulated labour markets. You got bored of that and are now acting out being a social conservative, "send 'em home" 'n' all that.

The funny thing is, even the social conservatives are not keen to bash the Poles. The last commentator I heard on TV praising the recent contribution of the Poles to Britain was - Kelvin Mackenzie, that well-known Guardian reader.

Even internationally, anti-immigrant movements have taken an almighty beating, the US Republicans in the House of Representatives (not their Senate colleagues who are genuine economic liberals) tried to make the Mexican border an election issue. They were pulverised at the polls :clap2: :clap2: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Well Dandyman may use leftwing cliches but you are a Laftwing cliche, ticking all the right boxes. I dont think ive heard you say anything contray to your leftwing faith either. Oh and Like Dandyman you are not smart enough to put words in my mouth either.

I am an economic Liberal and as I posted markets need regulating, even Capital markets.

Regulating does not mean"send em home", it means countering any negative effects, its complex so you wouldn't understand. But seeing people as cliches is the best I can hope for from you seeing you are one.

Oh and I dont know what planet your living on but outside of South America the left are in full retreat.
The US elections were not about immmigration oaf, theyve already passed the wall bill through the legislator.

But on one point I do agree, if anyone deserves to come here its the Pollacks. Many joined the Forces in WW2 and many had to be forcibly disarmed at the end of it as they wanted to fight the Russians. They make a habit of taking on stuffed shirts from what I hear so you'd better keep your head down.
:) :wave:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have four workmen currently building an extension, two are locals, who both failed to turn up regularly due to 1. the plasterer claiming 'a bad back' (has not been seen for two weeks, but still managed to watch Man City play on Saturday), and ' a five a side injury' (been off four days and counting). The two Polish lads work a 10-12 hour shift every day, have come up with some great ideas for the house, and are a credit to their nation, as well as themselves. I would employ them every single time, whereas the local plasterer was sacked yesterday by the building manager, and I don't blame him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Polish birds are WELL fit.

Yes they are.

And in the next few weeks Im going to make it my BUSINESS to check out the POLISH nights that are springing up in Brighton.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Until young 'British' people, male as well as female, are willing to accept full time work as prostitutes then this country is going to continue to have a chronic shortage of good quality hookers. Until that time, I say open up the floodgates to our Polish, Rumanian and Russian brethren.
As long as they are filthy of course. That's a prerequisite on which I refuse to budge I'm afraid.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
12% of new bank accounts currently being opened are by Poles. Fact!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think it is a good thing that they are coming, we need some new blood in the UK to freshen up the gene pool a little bit. I have definitely mentioned it on here before, if you go into pretty much any English town during the daytime and look around, it is immediately apparent that the gene pool is so shallow that if you dropped a stone in it you would barely raise a splash. Find yourself a foreign partner and get on with addressing the falling birth rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here