Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Polish Immigrants

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Where is the evidence that they are driving wages down, we have a bouyant economy, the birth rate is falling, we need people to work, if people want to come here and make a better life for themselves then I have absolutely no problem with that.

Dandyman

In London village.
looney said:
Explain why wanting immigration control is bigotry?

Yes the question was about Pollacks(Who are nice people) but my responce was to the comment of more the merrier which I took to be a generalisation.

Mind you if we drain out all the young talented labour from Poland it could be funny watching the polish economy slowley collapse.

I'm talking about controlls that work Dandyman.

The Poles are here because of the expansion of free market capitalism into eastern Europe. As you seem to be calling for even greater restrictions on the free movement of labour than currently exist I assume you no longer would regard yourself as a cheerleader for libertarian capitlaism ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
Where is the evidence that they are driving wages down, we have a bouyant economy, the birth rate is falling, we need people to work, if people want to come here and make a better life for themselves then I have absolutely no problem with that.

wouldn't it be better to adress the low birth rate rather than hide one problem with another one? Neither is a longterm solution.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How would you choose to address the lower birthrate, you cannot force people to have children, we do not live in North Korea or pre-89 Romania. It is odd that the birthrate has continued to fall under Labour, God help us if the tories get in again, the party who vilified single mothers...they are the ones who are just about keeping us afloat in new births at the moment.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No, the Germans had a very good system of Gastarbeiten (guest workers) who helped build their country and economy during the boom time, they lacked sufficient skilled builders/plumbers/sparkies etc so the guest workers filled the gap...precisely the same situation that exists in the UK today.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
so do some of you think its alright for some of them coming over here and leaving their kids in Poland and then claiming child allowance for them :angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
veade said:
so do some of you think its alright for some of them coming over here and leaving their kids in Poland and then claiming child allowance for them :angry:

And your evidence for this is what exactly ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dandyman said:
And your evidence for this is what exactly ?

A leftie wanting evidence.He doesn't like it. I know for a fact this is true

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Dandyman said:
The Poles are here because of the expansion of free market capitalism into eastern Europe. As you seem to be calling for even greater restrictions on the free movement of labour than currently exist I assume you no longer would regard yourself as a cheerleader for libertarian capitlaism ?

As I have tried to explain to you economicaly illiterate rentagobs.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE MARKET.

Markets are regulted. Exceptions are blackmarkets, drugs prostitution etc.

Markets need regulating to stop things like market distortions, Negative exsternalities and market failures etc.

I assume you aprove of the weights and measures act when you go down the pub? Also that Driving should be licensed?
Every legal market is regulated so why shouldn't a labour market be regulated when it faces a massive distortion due to differences in real wages etc?

There is no hypocricy in what I say only your ignorance of economics and your fall back on leftwing cliches.

Oh and son, maybe at some point someone will take you aside and have a quiet word with you to let you know that your not clever enough to put words into my mouth.

Libertarian Capitalism? What the fucks that?:lolol:

As I said to London Idiot. Liberty for who? Liberty for people who want to come here or liberty for people who live here to decide who comes here?

Obviously you follow the foreigners first dictum. You are the political equivelant of a doormat that likes to be walked over. A self hating lefty and thats all you are.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London Idiot :lolol:

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
it is true and also the goverment have given them money to buy cars they don't do that for the english and also the more people that come over here and take jobs the better for the goverment it looks as there are not as many jobs going

Last edited:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What World are you living in veade, it certainly isn't a parallel one.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Gully said:
How would you choose to address the lower birthrate, you cannot force people to have children, we do not live in North Korea or pre-89 Romania. It is odd that the birthrate has continued to fall under Labour, God help us if the tories get in again, the party who vilified single mothers...they are the ones who are just about keeping us afloat in new births at the moment.

You can alter tax incentives which help. And its not single parents who are the problem its the middle classes.

It is also a pretty big question. The longterm future of feminism depends on the answer.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
it has been well documented i have personally spoke to car dealers that are laughing at the fact that a foreigner wants a car and then gets a goverment cheque to pay for that car BUT of course that my opinion i am aloud to have one of them arnt i or have i lost that like we have lost freedom of speech and now need to be told what we are allowed to say

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The problems with the falling birth rate are caused by quite a few different factors, not least that women are delaying the time that they have their first child to later in their life, this can be for a multitude of reasons, not least the wish to have a career and provide a stable home for their child. Perhaps there should be tax incentives to encourage women to have more children and earlier, thus reducing the average age between the generations, I thought that we already had a generous family tax credit system to do this, I am certainly paying tax accordingly.

This isn't just something that effects the UK as I believe that it is also a problem in Italy, Spain and France. What is the solution, I can't say that there are any easy answers, does anyone?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
cannedheat said:
I was going OK for you till the words Daily Mail came up.
I am off to Warsaw in March for a business trip, I will give them your regards.

Just let me know if you want another paper link.;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here