Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Polish Immigrants

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
algie said:
Dog food factory?You must be barking mad:lolol: Why are you in Lincoln?

i moved up here from Broad Oak with parents when i was 15
I was born in brighton and used to go to all the hame games when they was at the goldston ground (happy days)and now i am bringing my son up the right way and he supports the super seagulls:clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
veade said:
i moved up here from Broad Oak with parents when i was 15
I was born in brighton and used to go to all the hame games when they was at the goldston ground (happy days)and now i am bringing my son up the right way and he supports the super seagulls:clap:

Fair enough:clap2:

You would probably stand a better chance of a job you like down here.You don't want to spend all your life in a poorly paid factory job do you?

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i have got a new job in the pipeline driving excecutives around in a brand new merc

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
i don't suppose you get to see many games?

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
not really sit here listening to games
the lad and i have been to peterborough,notts county,forest,sheff wed,sheff utd,grimsby,lincoln,ipswich,stoke,rotherham and best of all Cardiff:clap2:

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I have got no problem whatsoever with Polish people coming here to work, however we need to consider the following

Not just the polish, but all these extra people put a strain on our key services like the NHS, Doctors. Are they paying for this?

Secondly If people have slipped through the back door this means they are not paying any tax whatsoever towards these services, which is unfair on the rest of us, dont you agree?

What about if they have driven here, which is what I suspect a lot of them do. If they are working here for long periods at a time should they not be getting road tax and insurance for this country? If they are not then they are probably breaking the law and driving around without insurance?

I know the Polish make great workers, blah blah blah, however Im fed up with hearing they do the jobs that we dont want to do. Fact of the matter is the average person in this country cannot live and will not work for a minimum wage, because the cost of living is to expensive these days. You need on average £250.00 a week to survive.

Secondly a lot of these people are employed by agencies, which means these agencies can do whatever they want to these people, which is not the peoples fault becuase they will not complain. A lot of the agancies break basic employment law and this also needs to be looked in to.

Its not the polish fault or any other people that come here but something needs to be done about the stress it puts on our key services.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
adrian29uk said:
I have got no problem whatsoever with Polish people coming here to work, however we need to consider the following

Not just the polish, but all these extra people put a strain on our key services like the NHS, Doctors. Are they paying for this?

Isn't it the immigrants who are working in the NHS to keep it going?
I know a brilliant Polish doctor working at Eastbourne.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
jakes right boot said:
Isn't it the immigrants who are working in the NHS to keep it going?
I know a brilliant Polish doctor working at Eastbourne.

Yep. The NHS would be totally screwed without immigrant labour, not just Poles but a lot of excellent nurses from South East Asia, Indian doctors etc etc.

Also a huge strain on services comes from internal migration - Brits who have moved to the South East looking for work.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gully said:
Where is the evidence that they are driving wages down, we have a bouyant economy, the birth rate is falling, we need people to work, if people want to come here and make a better life for themselves then I have absolutely no problem with that.

... in fact according to a programme on Channel 4 I watched just before we left the UK, the Poles are directly responsible for the stength of the economy at the mo because they are filling jobs no one else will do on a long-term basis. In that programme a company in Scotland nearly went under because British people would work for a week and then leave because of the wages. Since thye started employing Poles only the company has gone from strength to strength and one of the initial workers is now a partner in the company... says a lot about British workers doesn't it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm not sure about immigrants from Kazakstan though, they look a bit dodgy.

Here's one spotted at a local beach recently

borat-20060607053153666-000.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
veade said:
so do some of you think its alright for some of them coming over here and leaving their kids in Poland and then claiming child allowance for them :angry:

There is no evidence of Poles doing that.... other nationalitier yes but Poles no. If you have evidence... share it.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
... in fact according to a programme on Channel 4 I watched just before we left the UK, the Poles are directly responsible for the stength of the economy at the mo because they are filling jobs no one else will do on a long-term basis. In that programme a company in Scotland nearly went under because British people would work for a week and then leave because of the wages. Since thye started employing Poles only the company has gone from strength to strength and one of the initial workers is now a partner in the company... says a lot about British workers doesn't it.

If the wages are too low then the minimum wage needs to be set higher, becuase the average person in this country cannot survive.

I certainly would not work for minumum wage becuase I have bills to pay, and If I dont pay the bills then I get in debt and then when you get in debt they take your possesions away including your house.

A polish worker may think £5+ an hour is fantastic becuase in Poland they earn less. But in this country people where earning £5+ an hour 10 years ago, so this is why no one wants to take the jobs. Wages have not risen accordingly with other things. Its not rocket science.

It might be great for the economy, but it aint great for people who need to earn a certain amount each week to survive.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
algie said:

99% of the time I don't believe a thing in newspapers especially the Daily Mail

BUT

this has the ring of truth as it certainly sounds like how things work in Poland (lived there for six years). However, let's be honest everyone... if you see a way of getting free money don't you just itch to take it. Tighten up the rules of the system... not blame the people who come for the deficiencies of a system.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its fair to say that many immigrant workers do make a great contribution to this country. The nursing profession benefits greatly here with a large number of Filipino nurses amongst other nations working here. This is however, a profession where staff are short.

I had my eyes tested the other day and the optician was a locum who traveled over a hundred miles a day for his job. We got talking and he said that his problem was that his profession is swamped by Australasians and South Africans who have come to this country, the former or better money and the latter frankly because they say that South Africa is falling apart after the abolishment of apartied.

As it goes my own profession in IT has similar issues, I have spoken to quite a few IT people of a similar age to me and they all have great problems finding work. Granted I find the IT industry ageist and the new legislation has had no effect. I should point out that I currently work on a team of eight. There are but two Englishmen, two South Africans, a Bulgarian (not an EEC member until next year), A Malaysian, a Maurician and a guy from Trinidad.

Mine is not a profession that is short of people yet we have a whole lot of non EEC nationals in it. Why ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
adammicheal said:
I was working on a job about 2 months ago and there were more eastern europeans than British people working on the job, i found them the laziest bunch of workers going, they were having an hours break every 45 mins, but they were being paid shite money, saying that they were sending a % of their wages home

You're right.... many are... for example having worled in Romania and Bulgaria I worry about the influx of Bulgarian and Romanians and the mafia connections... however Poles are different culturally and generally do not behave in the same way. We should be careful not to lump ALL Eastern Euýropeans in the same basket.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
adrian29uk said:
If the wages are too low then the minimum wage needs to be set higher, becuase the average person in this country cannot survive.

I certainly would not work for minumum wage becuase I have bills to pay, and If I dont pay the bills then I get in debt and then when you get in debt they take your possesions away including your house.

A polish worker may think £5+ an hour is fantastic becuase in Poland they earn less. But in this country people where earning £5+ an hour 10 years ago, so this is why no one wants to take the jobs. Wages have not risen accordingly with other things. Its not rocket science.

It might be great for the economy, but it aint great for people who need to earn a certain amount each week to survive.

Fair point but these Poles are living in England.... renting our buying houses.... shopping in the saem shops as you and recieving pretty much the same benefits as you so how do they do it?

This is a serious question because I know many of these Poles who are not creaming the system who do manage this. What are the British doing wrong?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I dont know how they do it. But If they are earning 3 times as much as they do in Poland then they are probably sending a large portion of their wages home, then in 4-5 years they go home set up for life. Thanks England.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
We employ a number of Poles. They are generally well educated, literate (in many cases more so than some of the indigenous workers), eager to learn, hard working and proud. And, yes, we pay them the same rates as our other operatives, depending on ability and experience.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
adrian29uk said:
I dont know how they do it. But If they are earning 3 times as much as they do in Poland then they are probably sending a large portion of their wages home, then in 4-5 years they go home set up for life. Thanks England.

But if you say that the minimum wage is not enough to live on, how can they save money here and send it home?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
They must totally scrimp and scrape. They are probably used to home cooking instead of micorwave meals, so this works out cheaper.

They dont have sky television and dont pay for a television licence lol.

There cars are still running under plish insurance and road tax which is cheaper.

If they are Plumbers, Electricians they are probably doing jobs cash in hand, know what I mean Harry,

LOL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here