Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policeman shot, unprovoked in Gateshead.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"On Monday night a Northumberland fish and chip shop was raided by an armed man with a similar description to suspected gunman Raoul Moat."

Lucky no-one got battered.

Even if he's had his chips.

Thread ruined :lolol:

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I understand why you're saying that, but the fact is, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for Moat to hijack a car driven by just the sort of little old lady you're looking at, and to hide in the boot or the footwell in order to evade police.

Unpalatable as it may seem, they have to consider all sorts of eventualities, not just look at the driver and wave them through.

And I understand that, but even if he was in the footwell, why point the gun at the old dear? If he springs up, the old dear buys it?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"On Monday night a Northumberland fish and chip shop was raided by an armed man with a similar description to suspected gunman Raoul Moat."

Lucky no-one got battered.

And I understand that, but even if he was in the footwell, why point the gun at the old dear? If he springs up, the old dear buys it?

They do get some training, you know (and yes, I'm aware of various police related f*** ups, but you don't hear about all the ones they do resolve safely every day).

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Ta. That was precisely my point. Plus the officer already had the boot open. There's not too many places a bloke that size could hide in a car. No need for the officer to still have his gun pointed.

Wouldn't early have the same effect if the police were like this though.

mayescar453_468x249.jpg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Apparently the two-mile exclusion zone around Rothbury has been lifted.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Let's hope for all involved it's resolved soon.

Nutter he may be, but presumably even he has family.

Now I can see why you never got the job of drafting those official police statements... ::lolol:

Maybe I spoke too soon!
Just seen the press conference on the news where Northumbria Police refer to Moat as a "Nutter" ....:facepalm:

Resignations to follow, I should imagine...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Maybe I spoke too soon!
Just seen the press conference on the news where Northumbria Police refer to Moat as a "Nutter" ....:facepalm:

Resignations to follow, I should imagine...

Classic, although I overheard a conversation earlier on between a bunch of girlies who reckon that the two female officers concerned should be sacked because of their makeup and hairdo gaffes!

A couple of Special Branch guys I was with earlier on this week (yep, name dropping, but who gives a f***!) reckoned that they would increase the pressure on him and get him to come out of hiding. As the area was already heavily loaded with armed police, they may well take the chance of getting him as he breaks cover.

Maybe they are trying to draw the guy out? A little bit of insulting goes a long way...implying he is going to go after the public might also entice him into breaking cover. Personally, I reckon he is nowhere near the area now. I think that his accomplices have been leaving things around to make it look like he in the area and he is long gone.

Either that or he is going to come storming out of the woods taking potshots at all and sundry and go out in a hail of lead.

I think they should napalm the woods, but I am generally not renowned for having a "softly softly" approach to these sort of things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even if he's had his chips.

Thread ruined :lolol:

After an Albion game in Oxford many many many years ago I asked a police officer next to me in the queue at a chip shop if he'd come about the, snigger snigger, fight, and that apparently two fish had got battered. Credit to the copper, as he stood back, looked at me and paused in a style that could only say 'c**t.'

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
After an Albion game in Oxford many many many years ago I asked a police officer next to me in the queue at a chip shop if he'd come about the, snigger snigger, fight, and that apparently two fish had got battered. Credit to the copper, as he stood back, looked at me and paused in a style that could only say 'c**t.'

I guess your fishy witticisms were a minor HADDOCK to our restrained chum in blue, to be fair. I trust you didn't hang about (i.e. you got your SKATEs on)??

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
crying Geordie on Sky News slagging off the police because she cant go near her mums house!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here