Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policeman shot, unprovoked in Gateshead.

Anyone else think this is a tad OTT by the police? Neither of them look much like a 6ft 3 steroid pumped fugitive yet that policeman has got a big eff off gun pointed straight at them with his finger on the trigger whilst his colleague has already got the boot open and checking inside. (Picture taken from the Beeb website)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 154

North East Seagull

Jul 6, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I actually know this guy, well i used to 15 years ago. He was a customer of where I used to work and he lives just up the road. The authorities are taking things pretty seriously up here - certain public buildings have been closed and some individuals have been moved for their protection. I think northumbria Police are very aware of what happened in Cumbria and are literally doing all they can.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Argus would be having a field day if it was down here.

Cops in Armed Stand-off Spotted Illegally Parked

Shot Policeman Takes 6 Months Sick Leave

Police Action Ensures Traffic Misery for Day Trippers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Argus would be having a field day if it was down here.

Cops in Armed Stand-off Spotted Illegally Parked

Shot Policeman Takes 6 Months Sick Leave

Police Action Ensures Traffic Misery for Day Trippers

:lolol:

Not to mention several letters to the Argus complaining that the sight of weapons was deeply distressing and wondering why they couldn't just have given poor Mr Moat a good old fashioned clip round the ear and a wave of the truncheon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else think this is a tad OTT by the police? Neither of them look much like a 6ft 3 steroid pumped fugitive yet that policeman has got a big eff off gun pointed straight at them with his finger on the trigger whilst his colleague has already got the boot open and checking inside. (Picture taken from the Beeb website)

I understand why you're saying that, but the fact is, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for Moat to hijack a car driven by just the sort of little old lady you're looking at, and to hide in the boot or the footwell in order to evade police.

Unpalatable as it may seem, they have to consider all sorts of eventualities, not just look at the driver and wave them through.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Have I missed something. Is this lunatic ex forces?

No mate, lunatic ex boyfriend. There are some people's girlfriends(ex or not), that you really should not get involved with. However wrong that may be, its a fact. Some blokes just cant let go and if you happen to be a 6ft 3in brick shithouse with a grudge, thats bad news. Apparently she told him she was seeing a copper to try keep him away from her, that obviously did not work!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No mate, lunatic ex boyfriend. There are some people's girlfriends(ex or not), that you really should not get involved with. However wrong that may be, its a fact. Some blokes just cant let go and if you happen to be a 6ft 3in brick shithouse with a grudge, thats bad news. Apparently she told him she was seeing a copper to try keep him away from her, that obviously did not work!

I remember hearing that he had a grudge, but due to the way he has been undetected I wondered if he had forces training. Cheers though Kev.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think they will get him once it gets dark and they can start to use thermal imaging and night gogs.

Pretty useless during the day!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think they will get him once it gets dark and they can start to use thermal imaging and night gogs.

Pretty useless during the day!

Let's hope for all involved it's resolved soon.

Nutter he may be, but presumably even he has family.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'It has also been revealed that two men taken hostage by him have been found and arrested for conspiracy to murder.'

WTF is THAT all about? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
'It has also been revealed that two men taken hostage by him have been found and arrested for conspiracy to murder.'

WTF is THAT all about? ???

Maybe they hadn't been seen for a few days and it was thought he'd taken them at gunpoint. When actually they were sheltering him and possibly supplying the weapon. Maybe...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Now I can see why you never got the job of drafting those official police statements... ::lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Now I can see why you never got the job of drafting those official police statements... ::lolol:

:lolol: at least I didn't just say "shoot the :tosser:" :p

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne

Reminds me a little bit of that Police Officer murder on boxing day in 2003. PC Ian Broadhurst, shot dead at point blank range. The police dont take too kindly at one of thiers getting shot, let alone the public. (Its a bit more personal I guess).

Either way, must be a terrible time for the families of the victims, and the suspect. Sadly I think its going to end in tears.:nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reminds me a little bit of that Police Officer murder on boxing day in 2003. PC Ian Broadhurst, shot dead at point blank range. The police dont take too kindly at one of thiers getting shot, let alone the public. (Its a bit more personal I guess).

Either way, must be a terrible time for the families of the victims, and the suspect. Sadly I think its going to end in tears.:nono:

I agree, would like to see it resolved without anyone else getting shot but I can't see that happening. I'd like him to face justice for the family of the guy he murdered, for the woman and the copper he shot too.

But he'll be too cowardly for that I think.

And yes you're probably right about coppers, I remember talking to colleagues who were working the night PC Jeff Tooley got mown down by a hit & run driver in Shoreham. They said it took massive restraint not to give the offender a shoeing when he was finally traced & arrested.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Considering his avowed " Hatred" for the Police he's doing a fantastic job in topping up their pay packets with overtime. He's turning in to Big Vern from Viz...... time to take yourself out of the foodchain, meathead :shootself

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"On Monday night a Northumberland fish and chip shop was raided by an armed man with a similar description to suspected gunman Raoul Moat."

Lucky no-one got battered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here