Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Policeman shot, unprovoked in Gateshead.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cant see what they are, look like heavy duty, futuristric, glock, come SAS machine gun!

The ones I've just seen on Sky News are carrying G36c carbines by the way. But as about five different forces are involved, they might not all have them.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think he is a steroid user and has a serious malfunction, has major issues with the Police....or something but Police with guns alll over the place!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So the two 'hostages' arrested probably got hold of the weapons and ammo for this head spastic?

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Think he is a steroid user and has a serious malfunction, has major issues with the Police....or something but Police with guns alll over the place!

I heard he was a previously known steroid abuser when he was body building, on Five Live earlier. But my point is he has managed to lay low for a long time now, hence I wondered if he was ex forces.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This bloke will turn the gun on himself I reckon.
Just hope he doesn't take anyone else with him beforehand.

I'm not sure, I don't think he will. He's got it into his head the police are responsible for him committing the assault he was locked up for. He's deluding himself that it's not his own fault the missus left him.

He's got nothing to lose now: I think he wants a firefight with police and to go down all guns blazing. "Suicide by cop" is a surprisingly common phenomenon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm still confused by this hostage thing. Police chief said they've had a hostage situation since this all began but had to put a media blackout to ensure their safety. Police found the men walking along the road this morning and were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder ?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm still confused by this hostage thing. Police chief said they've had a hostage situation since this all began but had to put a media blackout to ensure their safety. Police found the men walking along the road this morning and were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder ?!

Its not that hard is it?

The armed bloke was seen with two men, and the Police had no way of knowing if they were with him by choice or under duress, so had to play safe and treat them as hostages.

Turns out they were accomplices.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure, I don't think he will. He's got it into his head the police are responsible for him committing the assault he was locked up for. He's deluding himself that it's not his own fault the missus left him.

He's got nothing to lose now: I think he wants a firefight with police and to go down all guns blazing. "Suicide by cop" is a surprisingly common phenomenon.

Hmmm...the fact he's got nothing to lose now is what has me thinking he'll be sucking that shotgun by sundown.

"Ye'll never take me alive leek, coppa"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kay Burley is pretty hopeless.

"Do you think the police are doing enough?"
"Do you think it is fair of the police to have locked down the area as much as they have?"
"Has it caused you any inconvieniance?"

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If there's an air exclusion zone, how are they getting these pics with the chopper then?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Do you think the police are doing enough?"
"Do you think it is fair of the police to have locked down the area as much as they have?"
"Has it caused you any inconvieniance?"

So on the one hand, they're not doing enough....on the other they didn't need to do so much :dunce:

Nothing newsworthy has happened for a few minutes so Sky News have to look for another angle to fill the airtime.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm...the fact he's got nothing to lose now is what has me thinking he'll be sucking that shotgun by sundown.

"Ye'll never take me alive leek, coppa"

You could be right. I just have a hunch he's not the Derrick Bird, loner-gone-over-the-edge type. From what's been said about him so far- some known to be fact, others possibly newspaper speculation- he's a fitness freak, a well known local hardman, a steroid user, who has done time for assaulting a child and whom anecdotally at least has been pretty brutal to his ex-girlfriend and her family long before he got anywhere near shooting her.

I reckon he fancies himself as a bit of a nutter and is more likely to emerge from some hidey hole, guns out and aiming at every and any copper he sees once he realises the net has closed in on him. I don't think he'll quietly go off into a forest and blow his own brains out, one because he hasn't got the guts and two because he wants the attention, he wants the police to do it and make a martyr of him because he rather pathetically sees himself as the victim in all this.

But you never know...its a sad situation all round, whichever way you look at it :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here