Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth game off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I understand the decision had to be made under current rules but I do question the rules. Teams regularly have three or more players out for a game. Fair enough if it is six but three seems very few players to justify postponing the game. Also, surely Plymouth knew that these players might be called up when they signed them. On this basis the Premier League games involving Chelsea and Arsenal should have been called off during the African Nations Cup.

Thats a very good point actually re the African Nations Cup, and the number of PL players who disappear for 2 or 3 weeks for that.
Course you could argue that PL teams have larger squads and are better equipped to cope with this, but that misses the point - the principal is exactly the same, surely.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I'm booked on the early morning Gatwick to Newquay plane just in time for a lunchtime pint and a wander off to Home Park.

Oh well, shit happens. A weekend on the piss in Cornwall it is then. Minus a game to see.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least I should still be able to go to the game when it gets re-arranged, but it might be a bit of a rush for the hospitality package I got for my birthday!

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
This works out well for me, I wanted to go to this but it was clashing with a mate's stag do. When is it likely to be moved to?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well to those committed to going, Exeter are at home to Charlton that day (assuming that ones not also knocked on the head).

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Football matches are always at risk of postponement, therefore I try and avoid booking travel and other non refundable expenses well in advance.

I'd still be bloody pissed off if I had done it though.

Was there ever anything on the Official Site to advise of the possible delay? I know there was a thread on here but not everyone reads NSC (amazingly I know)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It's designed to reduce the massed voices of the great Albion support from drowning Home Park in GOSBTS.

An evening game probably ruggers it for me,even though I live relatively close to Plymouth.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I understand the decision had to be made under current rules but I do question the rules. Teams regularly have three or more players out for a game. Fair enough if it is six but three seems very few players to justify postponing the game. Also, surely Plymouth knew that these players might be called up when they signed them. On this basis the Premier League games involving Chelsea and Arsenal should have been called off during the African Nations Cup.

For the record, I do have a refund on my train ticket but you don't get all the money back. It is all very well to say people have been warned but, unless you want to drive down, your two options are risk losing money by booking train tickets early but having a reasonable deal or wait until the game is confirmed as on and pay a ridiculous amount for train tickets. Hardly a great way to encourage people to go to away games, is it?

Coach?

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
At least I should still be able to go to the game when it gets re-arranged, but it might be a bit of a rush for the hospitality package I got for my birthday!

I got my husband hospitality for his birthday so I hope it will still be on a saturday. Not so much of a day out if it's in the evening. I could always get a refund and take him for a curry, it'll be cheeper.:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I got my husband hospitality for his birthday so I hope it will still be on a saturday. Not so much of a day out if it's in the evening. I could always get a refund and take him for a curry, it'll be cheeper.:thumbsup:

There is almost ZERO chance of it being a Saturday - your only hope would be if both clubs are knocked out in the first round of the FA Cup.

D

Deleted User X18H

I must admit I am a little pissed off at this. We are in Cornwall now and had delayed our departure to coincide. Wasn't there a thread pretty much as soon as the fixtures were annouced about this? Then the origianal poster said he made it up or similar.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
Second time its happened to me. A couple of years back we were playing away to Leeds on a Tuesday night . We booked non refundable hotel rooms and because we were both out of the FA cup they changed it to the saturday. I know there is always a chance of games being changed but when its a long distance game then surely clubs must realise people will have booked transport, hotels, taken time off work etc. Also surely a club must know if there is a chance they could be losing players so why announce the that tickets are on sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here