Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth game off

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Can't see why people are moaning so much??

Them the rules! I'm sure we'd be wanting the game called off if we'd lost 3 of our better players.

And before anyone says anything, yes I've already paid for the trains down there and I'm pretty sure it's non refundable.

Fair enough with regards to the rules etc but majorly PI55ED OFF with the fact I have paid up front for 6 non refundable train return tickets and two non refundable travelodge rooms. Im sure people will really want to part with their cash now! Unbelievable!

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Absolute effin JOKE! :rant:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't see why people are moaning so much??

Them the rules! I'm sure we'd be wanting the game called off if we'd lost 3 of our better players.

And before anyone says anything, yes I've already paid for the trains down there and I'm pretty sure it's non refundable.

Er, because I'm staying with my girlfriend's parents' in Devon and she had to book the holiday 4 months in advance?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
surely everybody KNEW there was a risk that this would happen? it was pointed out on here sometime ago!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Er, because I'm staying with my girlfriend's parents' in Devon and she had to book the holiday 4 months in advance?

Ohhh well since you are staying with your girlfriend then I think we should probably just cancel the entire international weekend. Actually lets just scrap international football full stop, your girlfriend and her holiday is far more important!! :facepalm:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ohhh well since you are staying with your girlfriend then I think we should probably just cancel the entire international weekend. Actually lets just scrap international football full stop, your girlfriend and her holiday is far more important!! :facepalm:

Don't be a plum. I'm just saying that i'm annoyed, not that it's wrong or that it should be changed.

:facepalm:

Also, I'm annoyed that I'm not going to be able to do THE new ground that I was looking forward to this season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We'll being doing this next season when our new players are called up for international duty.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008

I think you are being a little bit harsh there mate. I, like most people can barely afford going to see the Albion play but still do because I enjoy it so much. It is frustrating, whatever the circumstances, when games are called off as if it is all booked up in advance (non refundable) you lose money! Money that some people work their backsides off for!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you are being a little bit harsh there mate. I, like most people can barely afford going to see the Albion play but still do because I enjoy it so much. It is frustrating, whatever the circumstances, when games are called off as if it is all booked up in advance (non refundable) you lose money! Money that some people work their backsides off for!

But this was predicted AGES ago... if people book non-refundable tickets for a fixture people cast doubt over, thats their fault

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't be a plum. I'm just saying that i'm annoyed, not that it's wrong or that it should be changed.

:facepalm:

Also, I'm annoyed that I'm not going to be able to do THE new ground that I was looking forward to this season.

Well granted it's very annoying and people (myself included) are going to out of pocket but as others have pointed out it's been on the cards for a while and Plymouth are completely within rights to do so. It's not a rule that has only just been brought in.

People saying it's a joke decision need to take off their blue and white tinted specs off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's stupid, i could understand if they haven't got replacements but they have. They're using it for their own advantage so we have to travel to Plymouth on a week night, where not many fans will go.

Yes, yes. They definitely ARE moving the game, purely so that less fans attend and pay them money. :thumbsup:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I understand the decision had to be made under current rules but I do question the rules. Teams regularly have three or more players out for a game. Fair enough if it is six but three seems very few players to justify postponing the game. Also, surely Plymouth knew that these players might be called up when they signed them. On this basis the Premier League games involving Chelsea and Arsenal should have been called off during the African Nations Cup.

For the record, I do have a refund on my train ticket but you don't get all the money back. It is all very well to say people have been warned but, unless you want to drive down, your two options are risk losing money by booking train tickets early but having a reasonable deal or wait until the game is confirmed as on and pay a ridiculous amount for train tickets. Hardly a great way to encourage people to go to away games, is it?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Going to a wedding that day, so avoids needing to wear the headphones during the service.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here