Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please spare a minute to laugh at Swindon Town

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's Swindon, it's history. Save your bile for Palace, Pompey, SCC, Leeds, I could go on.

What none of you seem to grasp is I unfortunatly live amongst SWindon fans and so get the billy big bollocks and Brighton are just lucky every day..

Its not a matter of short memories or look where we were 12 years ago.....I dont give a toss..

Im just laughing at the fact we are 2 leagues above them.
I know someone who supports Welling.

Even more hilarious? They are 4 leagues below us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its not history if I have to live among them......

Don't worry I have the same issue with P*l*c* fans. The big joke is though that despite being less than five miles from Smellworst there are more Millwall and Charlton fans (not to mention Chelsea) around me. Don't suppose you get much input from Bristol City or Rovers fans down there.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
God I hate infantile threads like this. Grow up MS.

Some people have short memories.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Forgive me for commenting on my second team, but I think maybe people are missing Manilla's point a little bit, because more than half of the 4,500 tickets sold were before the end of the season where fans were being charged less than £300 for a full adult season ticket. Not only do they not have to pay big numbers (as you wouldn't expect them to have to), but the board have spent a lot of time intergrating themselves with the local businesses, so along with the season ticket they get discounts at all sort of places. For example, 2 for 1 tickets at the cinema!

But it's very sad to start threads like this. I was talking to a Watford fan earlier, and we got to talking about the Carling Cup draw and how ironic it was that we'll be playing Gillingham at home in the first round. It wasn't that long ago we were in a league below Gillingham with the ambition of staying in the football league whilst ground sharing with them! And now here we are about to move into our new home, buying good players for big fees and selling 18,000 season tickets for Championship football. Anyone who thinks that gives us the right to mock teams less fortunate than ourselves is wrong in my opinion, and is just trying to use their association to a football club to make themselves feel better.

Football moves in cycles, we've gone through a bad one and now we're right in the grip of a very good one, doesn't mean we have to be smug about it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm absolutely delighted how Swindon have fallen. I can't stand there fans and how they flooded our board to gloat. The only club i genuinely feel sorry for is Plymouth.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I dont have a beef about Swindon at all, bloddy roundabouts pi*s me off a bit, but generally a good hunting ground for us, But saying that I do have a chuckle (only to myself) when I see the Fxiture for next season in League 2 as Swindon v Crawley Town!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What short memories some people have.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I just find it funny how one of their fans signed up to our board giving it the biggen when we were almost relegated and then 2 years on look what's happend . . .

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I just find it funny how one of their fans signed up to our board giving it the biggen when we were almost relegated and then 2 years on look what's happend . . .

That's the reason Manila started this thread, to quote several posters here, 'What short memories some people have'.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
4500 season tickets sold ( 7000 last year)
all the best players leaving.

and Div 2 football next year......oh an Di Canio as manager, who has been in the UK for 3 days since his appointment a month ago.

My mate tells me he is setting up links with AC Milan so Swindon will get all the Milan youths...

After 3

3.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Total , utter wanker.. It is people like you who give football a bad name. Your mother must be very proud of you .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here