Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please spare a minute to laugh at Swindon Town

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Threads like this are the reason SOME of our fans are getting a reputation for being arrogant. This kind of post is the reason we all HATED Saints fans last season.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I thought they were very good when they played us at Withers this season, far too good to be in the position that they were in, but the table dosen't lie.

I think they will come straight back and if the results start coming in so will the punters, just look at us.

Good luck to them I say and it will be very interesting to see how the new manager gets on.

I am not going to gloat.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can understand a bit of banter if you live there and have loads of mates that are Swindon Town fans. But I can't help but remember that gobby Swindon fan that posted a thread on here a few years ago about how shite we were and how we were about to be relegated etc etc Needless to say it was bounced at the end of last season when our promotion and their relegation was confirmed. Things like that have a habit of coming back and biting you in the arse later in life. Best to avoid too much gloating and ridicule in my opinion as you never know, we may well be in their position in 5 years time

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did all my laughing at them last season.

We laughed at them when we got to Cardiff. They laughed at us when it looked like we'd go down and they'd go up. Finally we laughed at them when the exact opposite happened after we bought their captain. That's football. Good luck to them next season - they're not so different from us, apart from the 12 fingered thing obviously.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I quite like Swindon as a Club and wish them well. If they play next season like they did at Withdean they will be in for a good season. On the other hand - with Di Canio in charge it could all go horribly wrong.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
images

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I too understand that living in Swindon must be a nightmare, but I am not one to laugh at other teams misfortune (unless its Palace) We have been so close to the edge, and one game from dropping out of the league altogether. So I say good luck to them, something tells me they may need it, with the appointment of D Canio.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I can understand a bit of banter if you live there and have loads of mates that are Swindon Town fans. But I can't help but remember that gobby Swindon fan that posted a thread on here a few years ago about how shite we were and how we were about to be relegated etc etc Needless to say it was bounced at the end of last season when our promotion and their relegation was confirmed.

At last someone who realises that I live in Swindon and so its the law to laugh at them...

The rest of you get back on your high horses, you have ALL slagged of other teams at sometime or other, even if it is/was Palace...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I have ZERO sympathies for Swindon, their nasty gobshite fans, or their fascist manager. I'm a bad person.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Surely the really annoying people living in Swindon are those that support Premier League clubs.

We might have had a bit of recent rivalry with Swindon but I have more respect for those who actually get off their arse and support their local club than some self-proclaimed big four fan from Wiltshire.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The one thing that I did laugh about was all the hand wringing they did when Plymouth went into administration.

They were falling over themselves to say that it would feel wrong if they stayed up at Plymouth's expense just because of the points deduction.

So it seems they made sure that didn't happen.....:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here