Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please explain I am not trying to be a fool but how come someone who lives.....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Rusthall Seagull said:
I was born and bred in Tunbridge Wells....I support BHA for the glamour.....
At last .........a person who uses the paralell virtues of Brighton and Hove to support the Albion.

You others did any Lincoiln residents support Boston before they became a league club would a Halifax resident support support Donny would a Stockport resident support Rochdale in all these cases I don't think so therefore the point I am trying to understand is why we in the south do not have the intense local rivalry of those in the north and midlands.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
hove born&bred said:
At last .........a person who uses the paralell virtues of Brighton and Hove to support the Albion.

You others did any Lincoiln residents support Boston before they became a league club would a Halifax resident support support Donny would a Stockport resident support Rochdale in all these cases I don't think so therefore the point I am trying to understand is why we in the south do not have the intense local rivalry of those in the north and midlands.

Because we only have one league club in Sussex, or is that too obvious?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Icy Gull said:
Because we only have one league club, or is that too obvious?
What the f*** is he on rambling on about?

EDIT, that comment was not aimed at Icy Gull, obviously

Last edited:

1066gull

hove born&bred said:

Because maybe we are not northerners?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
What the f*** is he on rambling on about?

I thought that was fairly clear and concise, sorry :lol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Icy Gull said:
I thought that was fairly clear and concise, sorry :lol:
:lolol: Apologies, it was

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
hove born&bred said:

So you live in Lincolnshire and you would have a choice of Lincoln City, Grimsby Town, Boston United, and Scunny and Donny at a push depending where in Lincolnshire you lived.

Living in Sussex you have Brighton, and then the nearest other league clubs are Palarse, the Pikies and not a lot else really, so not a great deal of choice really.

I've lived in Suffolk most of my life so could have quite easily become an Ipshit fan, but no I'm a Sussex lad from Bexhill, proud of where I come from, still regard Sussex as home and refer to it as that whenever I do go back home to Sussex, and I'm proud to support Sussex's only league club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I was born in Guildford...don't even go there....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
I was born in Manchester, should I support Man Utd then?

City, United is for home counties residents

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
But surely if someone wants to support the Albion for whatever reason, then how can there be any problem with it, or any reason for debate?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Icy Gull said:
City, United is for home counties residents

Ah right, well I am off to support City then, good old Stuart Pearce, yadda yadda yadda. Anyone want a ticket to watch lower league football tonight :lol:

* please note there is no ticket, I am not off to support City, I am Brighton through and through despite not being born here and failing to reach HB&B's standards for living here and supporting his team.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
dunno said:
Jeessusssssssssss - I was originally from Hurstpierpoint, went to school in Hassocks and have lived in Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill. I have supported the Albion since the 1970's (since I was into football basically) - had I supported Manure, Chelski or Liverfool I would have been deemed to have jumped on the bandwagon - now someone is questioning me 'cos I support (and have always supported) my LOCAL team. FFS :censored:

Well said. I was born in Hove, went to school in Brighton and later moved to London (work) but carried on supporting and watching Brighton as they were my LOCAL team. I now live and work in Mid Suissex but Brighton is still my closest league club, who I continue to support. I wouldn't support any other team and certainly not one in the Premiership. Unfortunately media coverage has produced more and more of the non attending Chelski etc "Supporters" who probably wouldn't even know where to find Stamford Bridge. It was my closest ground when I lived in London but nothing would have made me go to watch them, except when Brighton played them in a Cup match.

D

Deleted User X18H

Icy Gull said:
Because we only have one league club in Sussex, or is that too obvious?
But why would you only follow your local team if they were a league club what about Braintree what about Barrow or Altrincham they all gety massuve attendences

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
hove born&bred said:
they all gety massuve attendences
Nurse! The liquid cosh is wearing off!

D

Deleted User X18H

BHA Jordan said:
But surely if someone wants to support the Albion for whatever reason, then how can there be any problem with it, or any reason for debate?
I am not saying people should not support the Albion intially I was just inquiry in non residents resons for doing so

D

Deleted User X18H

Man of Harveys said:
Nurse! The liquid cosh is wearing off!
That lezza is peering over my shoulder again I must go now see you all at Withers

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Wozza said:
I support Brighton & Hove Albion.

But I am NOT a fan of hove born&bred.

That's easy to understand though, right?

:lolol: :clap2: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here