Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please explain I am not trying to be a fool but how come someone who lives.....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
hove born&bred said:
That was a genuine question I can understand these tossers who glory hunt with Manchester United and Chelsea and I can understand the closest league club scenario but I am just nterested in how people view the Brighton and Hove area there have been a few threads slagging off the twin towns but these same people still (thankfully ) follow and devot time and money to the Albion what encouragers them to do that if they have no link to the twin towns maybe this is too highbrow for a Tuesday lunchtime.
So how do you define what area you live in and what is regarded as local to you. I get the same local newspaper as you, I get to see the same local news on tv, it takes me 30-40 minutes to get into the centre of Brighton, I have friends who live in brighton,I do my shopping in Brighton and I go out in Brighton regularly.
Using your disabled logic, do you count people from shoreham and rottingdean as having no local connection to the Albion either?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Dear HBB,

Please can I have your permission to Support Sussex CCC as I live in Hastings but they do not play at Horntye cricket ground in Hastings.

Yours sincerely

SK

PS Hastings is in East Sussex

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I grew up in Bexhill and went to school in Eastbourne, and my god was it a huge struggle to support the Albion.

Every week all my friends would pile off to watch either Carlisle or Plymouth, the obvious choices for where we lived. But I was alone in my strange determination to go to this distant place called Brighton. Oh how people mocked me, with my one hour train journey to watch a game, as they laughingly pointed out it had only taken them a 36-hour round trip.

Of course it didn't help that the Brighton Evening Argus was also sold in all local newsagents, with its minimal coverage of things Albion-related, compared to extensive coverage of Scunthorpe and Hull, to name just two.

Sometimes I think it's a miracle I even got to hear of Brighton and Hove Albion in the first place!!

Albion Rob

Nearest football league club.

I'm sure if Eastbourne Borough march up the leagues then my (future) kids will support them and to be honest I'd have no problem with that because I'm a big advocate of following your nearest league club.

The Albion has always been Sussex's club - in fact, many in Brighton and Hove should hang their heads in shame at not supporting their own city's club. I would probably see more Albion shirts in Eastbourne on any given Saturday in July than I would in Brighton.

In fact, f*** it, Brighton, as a city, doesn't deserve the Albion (I've felt this for a long time, by the way), we'll have it over in Eastbourne instead. Save the embarrassing spectacle of a city of 250,000 not being able to fill a 9,000 seat stadium which is on their doorsteps and save mugs like me travelling half an hour each way for the privelege of getting rained on.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
bhafc99 said:
I grew up in Bexhill and went to school in Eastbourne, and my god was it a huge struggle to support the Albion.

Every week all my friends would pile off to watch either Carlisle or Plymouth, the obvious choices for where we lived. But I was alone in my strange determination to go to this distant place called Brighton. Oh how people mocked me, with my one hour train journey to watch a game, as they laughingly pointed out it had only taken them a 36-hour round trip.

Of course it didn't help that the Brighton Evening Argus was also sold in all local newsagents, with its minimal coverage of things Albion-related, compared to extensive coverage of Scunthorpe and Hull, to name just two.

Sometimes I think it's a miracle I even got to hear of Brighton and Hove Albion in the first place!!

You did really well me old mucker :clap2: :clap2:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If The Albions attendance was made up of only people who come from Brighton and Hove I confidently predict we would average about 2,800 at home.

We would also probably be playing non league football, so its a good job that the catchment area covers most of Sussex!

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
hove born&bred said:
...in Hastings, Haywards Heath, Uckfield, Eastbourne etc etc support Brighton and Hove Albion with such passion in most areas or regions this would be a reason to hate the Albion.

I guess I am lucky I am born and bred Brighton and Hove so that is the team I support but how can somone identify with a club if they have nothoing to do with its locale

Yeah. You're quite right I'm off to support Charlton from now on.:nono:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I bet there are more Albion fans outside of "Little London" (Brighton) than live in it!

otherwise we would have the stadium by now!

Im in Manchester by the way, hope thats ok?

:glare:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Are people still going on about this?

It was just a simple query into why people who dont live in Brighton end up supporting them!

Uncle Spielberg said:
megalomania
n. form of insanity in which patient believes him- or herself to be person of great importance; mania for doing grand actions. megalomaniac, n. megalomaniacal,, a.

That's the best post I've ever seen from you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

HB&B, either you are going through a painfull divorce, a career collapse or a mid-life crisis. Possibly all three, but please leave us out of it.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What a TWAT.

Being born in Hove (Like myself) you should be aware that as the prices in Brighton became more expensive, it was natural to move out a bit further, some would say its a quality of life issue too.

UNLIKE Brighton, the population of Mid Sussex is fairly static, and many people have a connection with B&H, UNLIKE most B&H current residents who have no connection with the city and no interest in the football team.

Down the years the backbone of support has come from Mid Sussex, where many die hards (and for what its worth most of our banning orders) live.

FOOL.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
I live in Nottingham, but spent many of my formative years in BN1, Dover Road to be precise :albion:

Albion Rob

ali_jenkins123 said:
Are people still going on about this?

It was just a simple query into why people who dont live in Brighton end up supporting them!

I think it's just the context of some knobber who happened to live in Brighton and Hove when it was a shithole having lucked out now it's the trendy place to be and baiting everyone at his lucky turn.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Albion Rob said:
I think it's just the context of some knobber who happened to live in Brighton and Hove when it was a shithole having lucked out now it's the trendy place to be and baiting everyone at his lucky turn.

Exactly! How many bollox threads has he started recently, surely he should be banned from starting threads? I appreciate its probably all just meant to be funny but i think he's the only **** laughing at it! :yawn:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was born in Nottingham so I'm suprised I even ALLOWED to support BHA

Try driving back to Worthing after an Albion game, from the traffic I'd swear most of our support comes from West Sussex :angry:

Last edited:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Easy 10 said:
Its their closest professional League club.
Simple.

Exactly

I still try and keep up with local teams like Hastings Utd and Westfield but as the Albion are the only league club I support them. I know people who live in West Kent, miles away from Gillingham but who follow the Gills for the same reason.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Albion is the old name for England (some argue Britain for that matter), as I'm English I therefor support Brighton & Hove ALBION!

:p

(and most of my family are from Brighton, and I am Sussex born - if not entirely bred)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
We know your not trying to be a fool, it clearly comes very naturally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here